By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: Skyward Sword HD Arrives on Switch July 16

How do you want Nintendo to celebrate 35 years of Zelda?

Breath of the Wild 2 6 37.50%

Skyward Sword HD (you're in luck!) 5 31.25%

A full-fledged remake of an older game 1 6.25%

Ocarina + Majora remaster collection 1 6.25%

Wind Waker HD + Twilight ... 0 0%

Zelda-themed Switch console 0 0%

A brand new 2D Zelda 2 12.50%

Paper Zelda 1 6.25%

Other 0 0%

Total:16

3.5M for Age of Calamity is a lot. Exceeds a whole slew of actual Zelda games. The Breath of the Wild name really elevates Zelda sales, can’t wait to see what it’ll do for BotW’s real sequel.

Around the Network

So Age of Calamity has already outsold the N64 release of Majora's Mask, and Spirit Tracks, and looks to pass A Link Between Worlds, Link's Awakening, and Skyward Sword even assuming short legs.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 31 January 2021

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Woah, I did expect the game to be a top seller, but it already surpassed every Musou games prior and might even make good dent into the best all time selling Zelda games when everything is set and done.

They will announce DLC at some point, I'm sure of it now. Might as well do a campaign tie-in with BOTW sequel coming in the next year probably.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

BOTW's updated total is now 23.1m (21.45m for the NS version, 1.65m for the WiiU version).

Never thought I'd see the day that a Zelda game would be at 23.1M, and still going at the pace it is. Back in 2016 I was thinking 5M would be a decent expectation for the new mainline Zelda game, after we knew a decent amount about the game. When A Link Between Worlds released I was hoping the retro-style would have an NSMB-like nostalgia effect on fans and finally take the series to 10M.

But here we are today, it couldn't have gone better for the series.

Around the Network

I had it to do 8m based on it launching a new platform much like how TP did which many considered too optimistic and it still even blew that away.

Y'all lucky, I don't even remember what my prediction was at the time since it's now been almost 4 years haha.

Still, my guts tell me that I would've predicted something between 7M to 9M.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Yeah I also thought 8-9M was a ceiling for the franchise, but figured BotW wouldn't make it that high because I was sceptical about the success of the Switch, so I figured 5M was reasonable. Sky's the limit now though, it actually accelerated during last year.

35th year of Zelda as a series as well and it could be marked with the launch of BOTW's sequel.

S.Peelman said:

Never thought I'd see the day that a Zelda game would be at 23.1M, and still going at the pace it is. Back in 2016 I was thinking 5M would be a decent expectation for the new mainline Zelda game, after we knew a decent amount about the game. When A Link Between Worlds released I was hoping the retro-style would have an NSMB-like nostalgia effect on fans and finally take the series to 10M.

But here we are today, it couldn't have gone better for the series.

Same. I figured Zelda was destined to remain a critical darling but always live in the shadow, sales-wise, of juggernauts like Super Mario, Mario Kart, Pokemon, etc.