By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 5 21.74%

A Link to the Past 10 43.48%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 8.70%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 17.39%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.35%

Other 1 4.35%

Total:23

TotK will clearly have a historically huge launch. It's not even up for debate. People can make ages long analysis about the franchise sales history, it really doesn't matter.

The past does not apply here. No other Zelda game was as anticipated as this one, no other Zelda game launched on a highly active userbase of this size. TotK is not going to randomly alienate the fans of BotW. It's going to sell way more than 10mil first quarter and easily above 20mil lifetime without issues.

The trailer showed a lot of stuff, new enemies, new vehicles, new mechanics, new bosses among other things. Every trailer showed more and future trailer will keep doing that.

Around the Network

I am not a fan of BotW, but I was quite interested in sequel after the first teaser back in 2019 - it felt different to me and was giving me hope that it will be a different (and hopefully much better) game than BotW,

With every new trailer, my hope dwindled a bit to the point that I'm now looking at it as a total conversion mod for BotW...not that it's a bad thing per se, I've seen and played total conversion mods for some games that are actually better than the originals, but from everything I've seen so far, my hype-o-meter has returned to cold 0.

I'll play it nevertheless, I don't skip on Zelda games, and maybe I'll even get surprised, but given my dislike of BotW and how similar this one looks, I somehow doubt it. Then again, I'll be starting from that cold 0, so maybe that's a plus, I guess it can only go up from there.

I understand the skepticism from a lot people here and all the concerns are well warranted, but I am looking at these trailers from a different angle. I don't think Nintendo is purposely hiding anything because of a lack of confidence in the product they are putting out, quite the opposite. We all know that this game is going to share a lot of what BTOW was in terms of mechanics and locations, and that is why, IMO, they are not showing anything that is actually new, in any substantive way at least.

I mean the fact that Gleeok is shown is this trailer, alone is already enough to get me excited. Yeah!! I am that much of a classic Zelda fan. hahaha

Mar1217 said:

Or you know, it's just another way to tease the playerbase before the obvious Direct showcase, TOTK will have. What would be the point of blowing everything now when they can simply hold it for a bit longer for a dedicated presentation. 

It would be sad if Nintendo could show every new addition in a three minute trailer, that's why I am not buying into this excuse.

People are allowed to be optimistic regardless, but I've been a Nintendo fan (both overall and of many individual IPs) for so long that I've witnessed lots of up and downs, and the kind of things that herald said ups and downs. That's why I am cautious here.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Mar1217 said:

Or you know, it's just another way to tease the playerbase before the obvious Direct showcase, TOTK will have. What would be the point of blowing everything now when they can simply hold it for a bit longer for a dedicated presentation. 

It would be sad if Nintendo could show every new addition in a three minute trailer, that's why I am not buying into this excuse.

People are allowed to be optimistic regardless, but I've been a Nintendo fan (both overall and of many individual IPs) for so long that I've witnessed lots of up and downs, and the kind of things that herald said ups and downs. That's why I am cautious here.

Meaning there's really to be gained from your previous analysis when we basically need a fuller showcase of the game.

Though the skepticism is alright. 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

This is kind of interesting. A new Famitsu ad describes the Master Sword as "corrupted". This was fairly obvious from what we've seen so far, but the ad shines a brighter light on it:

Stormbringer, Stealer of Souls

The First 4 Figures Revali statue at Sideshow is marked down to $62.99 (from $89.99)

Last edited by Veknoid_Outcast - on 27 February 2023

Breath of the Wild turns six years old today! 

Freaking six years .... At least, I'm in a much better place in the moment than I was back at that time but oh boy, I can't wait for my next trip in Hyrule !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909