By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 2 10.00%

A Link to the Past 10 50.00%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 10.00%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 20.00%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 5.00%

Other 1 5.00%

Total:20
Pavolink said:
S.Peelman said:
Pavolink said:
An Official Zelda Thread?! My man...
Zelda II remake! or at least Zelda NES remake!

BTW, if sales continue in this trend we could be playing the Zelda for U in holiday 2014.

Technically, there already exists one though .

This is 'BS Zelda', a downloadable game (yep, Nintendo did that first too) for the SNES released in Japan via the Satellaview add-on. Sadly, impossible to play today as the service stopped and the game never got released physically.

Oh, this could work for the ambassador program in the next months.

I was thinking more in a remake similar to Four Swords Adventures or make it 3D with Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask artstyle.

I know .

It would be nice to see the original in a FSA-like quality someday. Besides, this SNES one is also almost 20 years old by now.

Around the Network

Good thread. Bookmarked for later :D

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

DanneSandin said:
Looking at the poll, I have to ask: What makes MM so special? I've never played it myself, but people here seem to LOVE it. WTF? It never did sell to well, and suddenly people just love it??

Majora's Mask is a really great game. I would only rank Ocarina and A Link to the Past ahead of it -- it's that good.

It's probably destined to be forever in the shadow of Ocarina, but it actually improves upon that game in some important areas: play control being one of them, and also graphics. I know the 72-hour timeline turns off some fans, but I think it's the best hook in the series.

In any event, I recommend you play it when you have the opportunity. It's a special game.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:
Looking at the poll, I have to ask: What makes MM so special? I've never played it myself, but people here seem to LOVE it. WTF? It never did sell to well, and suddenly people just love it??

Majora's Mask is a really great game. I would only rank Ocarina and A Link to the Past ahead of it -- it's that good.

It's probably destined to be forever in the shadow of Ocarina, but it actually improves upon that game in some important areas: play control being one of them, and also graphics. I know the 72-hour timeline turns off some fans, but I think it's the best hook in the series.

In any event, I recommend you play it when you have the opportunity. It's a special game.

Yeah, I'll try to play it whenever I can! It's just weird, that, if it is all this great (that people say it is) how come it didn't sell well to begin with?? It must be the worst selling home console Zelda ever... Maybe with the exeption of Link's Adventure

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:

Yeah, I'll try to play it whenever I can! It's just weird, that, if it is all this great (that people say it is) how come it didn't sell well to begin with?? It must be the worst selling home console Zelda ever... Maybe with the exeption of Link's Adventure

Most people (myself included when I was a kid) was expecting a similar game to Ocarina of Time, needless to say, the two games are somewhat very different. I remember when I was a kid I couldn't get pass the first dungeon in the game without restarting time (didn't knew how to slow down time) and that just pissed me off.

Years later I decided to give the game another shot and I like it a lot more, the stories of the people who are about to die are really touching and that's what makes the game for me. I know a lot of people who are in the same situation as me: hate it as a kid, but love it now. So I guess the game didn't sold well because most OoT fans didn't like it and thus the "bad news" spread across gamers. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
osed125 said:
DanneSandin said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:

Most people (myself included when I was a kid) was expecting a similar game to Ocarina of Time, needless to say, the two games are somewhat very different. I remember when I was a kid I couldn't get pass the first dungeon in the game without restarting time (didn't knew how to slow down time) and that just pissed me off.

Years later I decided to give the game another shot and I like it a lot more, the stories of the people who are about to die are really touching and that's what makes the game for me. I know a lot of people who are in the same situation as me: hate it as a kid, but love it now. So I guess the game didn't sold well because most OoT fans didn't like it and thus the "bad news" spread across gamers. 

Hmmm sounds interesting! I guess I had a similar beef with WW when it was announced; it looked way too cartoonish for me, so I didn't bother. Now, on the other hand, I'm really looking forward to the remake!!

Damn this book is selling like hot cakes O_O

@KingofRedLions: thanks for the vids! It makes for a great watch!

DanneSandin said:

(..)

It is the 'worst' selling console Zelda game, if you exclude Four Swords Adventures.

The game suffers from the 'second game syndrome', which affects all 2nd Zelda games on any particular console. All second Zelda games on a console (true for both console and handheld games) sell significantly worse than the first, but still it managed about 3.4m coupies which is not dramatic. The Adventure of Link actually was the best selling 'second' game and came relatively the closest to it's predecessor.

Anyway, Majora's Mask is pretty much only praised on the internet. It's basically because it's different from what is usually percieved as 'the regular Zelda game' (even though they're all different) and because it's massively overshadowed in both popularity and recognition by predecessor Ocarina of Time in the real world. Still, like all Zelda games, a great game, but definitely not the best. Personally, I'd rank it (in descending order): Ocarina of Time > Link's Awakening > Twilight Princess > Majora's Mask > Skyward Sword > the others.