By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: Echoes of Wisdom Out Today, September 26

Tagged games:

Are you planning to buy Echoes of Wisdom?

I already pre-ordered 2 40.00%

Picking it up soon 3 60.00%

Waiting for a sale 0 0%

No, it's not for me 0 0%

Total:5

Jeesh, that big Guardian graveyard underneath the Labyrinth Island (how cool is that for a Zelda II reference by the way) is creepy. I was shocked a little when I landed in there.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

Jeesh, that big Guardian graveyard underneath the Labyrinth Island (how cool is that for a Zelda II reference by the way) is creepy. I was shocked a little when I landed in there.

Thanks, I checked it out, killed all the guardians there and looted the treasure. :) 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Revali's ability has been quite useful despite him being a cocky prat.

Wyrdness said:

Yes! I'm glad I got it first before heading into zones with rain. It's very useful when it starts raining while you're climbing. Also very useful to get off little islands fast instead of swimming or jump gliding between ice blocks.

I'm not sure what the perfect block is for though. Why do a perfect block if you can just as easily do a jump dodge which gives you a flurry rush. Maybe I'm missing somehting yet it seems pretty pointless. Besides I ran out of shields fighting 2 Lynels, no more hiding, jump is the only defense. I'm having a weird streak not finding any shield bearing enemies and only weapons and arrows in chests.

The boss fights in this game were kind of weak imo.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Wyrdness said:

Yes! I'm glad I got it first before heading into zones with rain. It's very useful when it starts raining while you're climbing. Also very useful to get off little islands fast instead of swimming or jump gliding between ice blocks.

I'm not sure what the perfect block is for though. Why do a perfect block if you can just as easily do a jump dodge which gives you a flurry rush. Maybe I'm missing somehting yet it seems pretty pointless. Besides I ran out of shields fighting 2 Lynels, no more hiding, jump is the only defense. I'm having a weird streak not finding any shield bearing enemies and only weapons and arrows in chests.

Perfect block is very handy to deflect lasers back to the enemy. You can kill Guardians with it very easily, even if you have poor equipment. 

You know I just realized the might be another sacred beast added in the DLC because it says new story and new dungeon specifically.

Alkibiádēs said:
SvennoJ said:

Perfect block is very handy to deflect lasers back to the enemy. You can kill Guardians with it very easily, even if you have poor equipment. 

Ah, I got to try that. Sounds more fun than shooting it in the eye over and over.

SvennoJ said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Ah, I got to try that. Sounds more fun than shooting it in the eye over and over.

You can also chop their legs off one by one. 

Alkibiádēs said:
SvennoJ said:

You can also chop their legs off one by one. 

Yep, that's fun but hard on weapons. I love how they still try to walk even with only 1 leg left. Great animation.
Bows tend to last much longer and Lynels drop nice 38x3 and 38x5 bows to speed things up.