By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: Echoes of Wisdom Out Today, September 26

Tagged games:

Are you planning to buy Echoes of Wisdom?

I already pre-ordered 2 40.00%

Picking it up soon 3 60.00%

Waiting for a sale 0 0%

No, it's not for me 0 0%

Total:5

The liberty to go anywhere and do as you please is refreshing. Not sure if going against Ganon right from the start is a wise choice, from the gameplay yesterday quite a few were killed just by the guardians. Still thought you had to complete the four dungeons (think I heard some Treehouser say four) to lift the curse from the castle. But it does look like you get all of your Sheikah powers from the opening region, guessing the others should give you special items such as the glider.

Is the gamepad even used in the game? For the runes or inventory? It seemed like it was all on screen. Maybe the waypoints?
During the gameplays, the Treehousers disregarded those items info pop-ups by saying they only come up once... is that once every session (SS style) or every save file? Just put an option to remove them or just dump them on the gamepad.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

The motion controls on the gamepad are used in puzzles and with some runes.

Pavolink said:
Wyrdness said:

Some more details:

- Aonuma confirmed complete freedom to the point that a player can go straight to challenge the final boss at the start but you'll be very under equipped and it'll be difficult. It also means through this freedom that some groups of players would miss out on certain events and story even if they take the time to explore the world as the's no rules in what they have to do or specific path it's down to the player themself what they do and some may not do things or go places others do but that's just how this game is built.

- The amount of freedom given will mean players can essentially have a custom style of adventure due to what they decide to do and where they decide to go.

- This could be what Reggie meant when he said BOTW like LOZ will changed the thinking in how games play and are made as now the player is not bound by the story or any event or item in what they do the appears to be no forced quest line this is your adventure do what you like.

Some people are unsure of this but I like this a lot as picture other games like Mass Effect and such employing this absolute freedom.

Can anyone confirm us if in Zelda Nes we can go to fight Ganon since the beggining?

Btw, now I want to see what function does the dungeons will have in this game. Shrines are important, but dungeons?

You need the triforce to enter the final dungeon.  You need bombs to open the entrance to spectacle rock, and you need a bow to kill Ganon with the silver arrow, which you get in the dungeon itself.  So no.

TheLastStarFighter said:

You need the triforce to enter the final dungeon. 

*facepalms* The Triforce! I forgot about the Triforce. It's only the most famous object in the Zelda Universe. You're right, you need more than just the bombs.

I can see it now...

Someone will someday livestream an entire playthrough where they cut down every tree, every piece of grass in Hyrule

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
The motion controls on the gamepad are used in puzzles and with some runes.

Ahh yeah. Someone asked Audrey (sp?) how she was using the magnetic rune, she obviously skipped the question.

Didn't notice anyone use the touchscreen for the inventory.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

New poll is up!!

From another thread.

Trying not to get overhyped, but this looks like the best Zelda since the original, by far. A major step forward for the series.

Man, Veknoid, you made this poll hard! I love the survival elements, but they're only fun because it's such a huge open world and that you can chose the orders of the dungeons/shrines! Gonna have to think about this...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.