By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: Echoes of Wisdom Out Today, September 26

Tagged games:

Are you planning to buy Echoes of Wisdom?

I already pre-ordered 2 40.00%

Picking it up soon 3 60.00%

Waiting for a sale 0 0%

No, it's not for me 0 0%

Total:5
Wyrdness said:
S.Peelman said:
We just saw a snippet of Gerudo Valley with Link sporting a different haircut.

Also, they basically said that this area will be slightly different in some way compared to the final version as they were talking about an "E3 Version" as opposed to a "Release Version". Whatever that means.

They've removed things to avoid spoilers so they liekly meant that, the release version won't have that issue.

Yes exactly, so even this tiny area of the final game, which they said is about 1-2% of the entire map and they spend 5 hours in, is going to be even more interesting.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
We just saw a snippet of Gerudo Valley with Link sporting a different haircut.

Also, they basically said that this area will be slightly different in some way compared to the final version as they were talking about an "E3 Version" as opposed to a "Release Version". Whatever that means.

the E3 version has no NPCs/Towns/Villages to prevent spoilers about the story of the game, the Release Version will have all of that. also in the Youtah Area (as Bill likes to call it) there seemed to be some kind of steel trail for something of medium sizes and Link was standing over it perhaps he will be transforming again ?

I just really hope that there is one NPC somewher that, when you talk to him at night lets you transform the moon in the Majora's Mask one :Q___

Box art!

Do not like the boxart.
About the game, love it. All that variety of mechanics are beyond what I wanted.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

What we gathered after today:

- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the official title.
- Survival elements have been implemented.
- Towns and NPCs are present but were removed from the E3 version to avoid spoilers.
- Link only need to eat if he has taken damage so it's not a don't starve situation.
- Focus this time is the actual game world and your interaction with it and not a particular ability, NPC or item.
- Large boss in the teaser trailer is known as a Guardian and the are numerous of them that will be in the game.
- Many of them seem inactive scattered on the land.
- In the Treehouse only two functional ones were seen and one was unable to move but could still fire its beam.
- No female Link that was all just non-sense.
- Link still has customizable elements though as the player can change his clothing and hair style.
- The Plateau area shown at E3 is only 2% of the game despite being bigger than areas in most games in general.
- The item Link carries is known as the Sheikah Tablet and is somewhat technically advance.
- Link can obtain Rune abilities that can manipulate the world around him with the Sheikah Tablet.
- One Rune is stasis that can stop certain objects in time temporarily.
- Start the game off with nothing but your undergarments it seems.
- The environment has an effect on things and you.
- An example was a fire spread due to wind and ended up burning down an enemy camp.
- Clothing and Armour affects how much damage you take.
- What you wear also determines if you're protected from extreme heat or cold.
- Several mechanics have been unearthed in the game engine.
- An example is fire causes rising air which if vaulted off the horse then using the sail cloth causes Link to rise.
- Can use shields as snowboards but this degrades the shield faster.
- A number of items and weapons break so the player has to be mindful and be well stocked.
- 100 mini-shrines, they reward Link with spirit orbs, the true nature of these orbs has been kept hidden.
- Horseback combat and archery are present.
- Combat and archery while snowboarding is also present.
- Link can tame and ride horses on the field, not clear whether Epona is in the game at the moment.
- Sail Cloth now seems to be a glider or may get upgraded to one.
- Master Sword is rusted and in the worst state it's ever been seen in.
- Hyrule is in Ruins.
- Timeline is unclear, the map resembles TP but Koroks from WW are present.
- Adding further to this Hylia as a Goddess is mentioned something that no game outside of SS does.
- Cooking feature now added.
- Food cooked can heal or give special boosts like added stamina similar to Monster Hunster games.
- In the trailer a giant skeleton enemy is seen.
- Skeleton like enemies from OOT are back only now you can pick up and use their arms as weapons.
- The Church like building in the trailer and art is the Temple of Time.
-

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
What we gathered after today:

- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the official title.
- Survival elements have been implemented.
- Towns and NPCs are present but were removed from the E3 version to avoid spoilers.
- Link only need to eat if he has taken damage so it's not a don't starve situation.
- Focus this time is the actual game world and your interaction with it and not a particular ability, NPC or item.
- Large boss in the teaser trailer is known as a Guardian and the are numerous of them that will be in the game.
- Many of them seem inactive scattered on the land.
- In the Treehouse only two functional ones were seen and one was unable to move but could still fire its beam.
- No female Link that was all just non-sense.
- Link still has customizable elements though as the player can change his clothing and hair style.
- The Plateau area shown at E3 is only 2% of the game despite being bigger than areas in most games in general.
- The item Link carries is known as the Sheikah Tablet and is somewhat technically advance.
- Link can obtain Rune abilities that can manipulate the world around him with the Sheikah Tablet.
- One Rune is stasis that can stop certain objects in time temporarily.
- Start the game off with nothing but your undergarments it seems.
- The environment has an effect on things and you.
- An example was a fire spread due to wind and ended up burning down an enemy camp.
- Clothing and Armour affects how much damage you take.
- What you wear also determines if you're protected from extreme heat or cold.
- Several mechanics have been unearthed in the game engine.
- An example is fire causes rising air which if vaulted off the horse then using the sail cloth causes Link to rise.
- Can use shields as snowboards but this degrades the shield faster.
- A number of items and weapons break so the player has to be mindful and be well stocked.
- 100 mini-shrines, they reward Link with spirit orbs, the true nature of these orbs has been kept hidden.
- Horseback combat and archery are present.
- Combat and archery while snowboarding is also present.
- Link can tame and ride horses on the field, not clear whether Epona is in the game at the moment.
- Sail Cloth now seems to be a glider or may get upgraded to one.
- Master Sword is rusted and in the worst state it's ever been seen in.
- Hyrule is in Ruins.
- Timeline is unclear, the map resembles TP but Koroks from WW are present.
- Adding further to this Hylia as a Goddess is mentioned something that no game outside of SS does.
- Cooking feature now added.
- Food cooked can heal or give special boosts like added stamina similar to Monster Hunster games.
- In the trailer a giant skeleton enemy is seen.
- Skeleton like enemies from OOT are back only now you can pick up and use their arms as weapons.
- The Church like building in the trailer and art is the Temple of Time.
-

That's a great summery! I'll just add a few more:

-There are boss like enemies roaming the landscape, such as the giant skeleton mentioned above.

-Link can now throw his weapons at enemies from a distance to cause damage.

-Link can chop down trees and make items out of them, such as fire wood.

-Link can create camp fires everywhere he wants now, it seems. All you need is a bundle of wood and flint.

Spoilers about the story and the main villain:

-The story is that Link wakes up after sleeping for 100 years. 

-Ganon is the main villain and has ravaged the lands and Link must stop him before he destroys the world.

-These two facts comes from IGN, I have not heard Nintendo talking about this, but it seems like IGN got their info from Nintendo.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Wow, I love this game! I had high expectations, but I think that Nintendo might have surpassed them! This game looks amazing. I think my favorite feature is the new survival mechanics; the need to hunt, eat and sneak, the breaking of your items, freezing if not clothed properly and running into boss like enemies all of a sudden. I love it all! It gives a deeper meaning to actually go out and hunt, something I've missed in other games. I didn't really need go hunting in Skyrim, while here, it's a necessity.

What was your favorite thing about Breath of the Wild???

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

The official trailer has almost 3m views on Youtube already, in less than a day.

S.Peelman said:
The official trailer has almost 3m views on Youtube already, in less than a day.

I've been doing my part! I've been sending it to everyone I know :)

S.Peelman said:

please can ypu give the link to watch in youtube?