By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: Echoes of Wisdom Out Today, September 26

Tagged games:

Are you planning to buy Echoes of Wisdom?

I already pre-ordered 2 40.00%

Picking it up soon 3 60.00%

Waiting for a sale 0 0%

No, it's not for me 0 0%

Total:5

^^ Andddddd new rumor about a playable female Link...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
^^ Andddddd new rumor about a playable female Link...

Just saw that!

Pavolink said:
So, I dream about Zelda last night, again. It was, weird. Artstyle was realistic, but realistic as real life, not like OoT, not like TP, not like the new one. It was realistic.

You can play with Link or Zelda. The one I remember most was Zelda. It was the same model as Skyward Sword with her pink outfit but her free hair. She has two short swords and was fighting against an evil guy similar to OoT Ganondorf.

The environment was like an old street outside of a castle in the middle of the night. Then the logo appears over a wooden surface and can't see the subtitle.

It was so so odd that I have the need to share with you. And I have not think about the game in months...

That's a really cool dream.

Thank you for sharing it with us :)

As for the rumors...

NX/WiiU: No surprise there.

NPC voice acting: I'd prefer no voice acting, but it's not the end of the world.

Male/female protagonist: This is actually good news for me. The hero of Zelda is always supposed to be a proxy for the player, and many Zelda fans are either women or wish to play as women. If true, I think it's a good thing.

Was playing TPHD yesterday, at the Arbiter's Grounds. Like with MM, I'm taking my time, I know what's coming anyway. But my god is dungeon still ever so awesome. I was exited getting this far anyway, because I know there's a streak of amazing dungeons to come. But this one puts a smile on my face. The boss is the high point. Surely the one of the best bosses, if not the best, in the series and even gaming as a whole. The grandeur and epic first phase and the fast-paced and exciting second phase. To top it off there's the thrilling music, complete with a cool cover of Volvagia's battle theme from OoT. I really needed this in my gaming life. It's nice and long too, Including the Mirror Chamber cutscene at the end, it took my almost three hours, of which a good 20 minutes was boss battle. Do I wish there was a boss rush-mode in TPHD.

Which takes me to the remaster itself, might as well share two cents about that as well. It's been pretty hit and miss with the Zelda rereleases this gen as far as I'm concerned. OoT3D was pretty much the same with some tiny tweaks, which was good. WWHD was a vast improvement in every aspect. MM3D looks amazing but they set out to change too many things breaking more things than fixing them. TPHD is the most lackluster of them all though. The game remains amazing, but besides good textures the remaster doesn't really offer anything.

Performance is way worse than the original, which is probably the thing to be most disappointed about. I don't remember the original taking this many framerate hits. The remaster lags pretty badly in like a hundred different places, while I only remember a slight dip in the Wii version when riding Epona full speed underneath the large tree above Lake Hylia under certain circumstances while the Chu's were falling down. Even if the originals did lag elsewhere, you'd expect a system two generations more powerful would have little problems. I'd say first timers are better off with the GameCube version of the game, and Nintendo probably should have left this remaster to Grezzo. TP didn't get the quality and attention such an excellent game deserved.

Around the Network

Source

Zelda will be Nintendo's only playable game at E3 2016

"E3: Nintendo changes its approach to the show every year. This June, Nintendo will focus its attentions on the upcoming game in The Legend of Zelda series. The Wii U version of the game will be playable for the first time on the E3 show floor, and it will be the only playable game Nintendo presents at the show, in order to provide attendees a complete immersion. Additional information about Nintendo’s E3 plans will be announced in the future."

Source

Yeesh delayed again? This is now the longest time without a main console Zelda since ALttP > OoT... This better be the best game ever now! At least not delayed all the way to the holidays again though.

S.Peelman said:
Yeesh delayed again? This is now the longest time without a main console Zelda since ALttP > OoT... This better be the best game ever now! At least not delayed all the way to the holidays again though.

I have a feeling it's going to be amazing :)

But yeah, six years is a loooong time to go without a console Zelda. I think three is a reasonable interval.

Now I wonder what kind of unasked spin-off or remaster are they going to try to make us eat this holiday season to "compensate" and celebrate the 30th anniversary.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile