By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: Echoes of Wisdom Out Today, September 26

Tagged games:

Are you planning to buy Echoes of Wisdom?

I already pre-ordered 2 40.00%

Picking it up soon 3 60.00%

Waiting for a sale 0 0%

No, it's not for me 0 0%

Total:5

No DLC for Twilight Princess HD

STACK: "Are there any plans for additional content to be released post-launch?"

Aonuma: "There is no plan for add-on content with this title because we are focusing on developing the new Zelda title for Wii U, so please look forward to it."

Twilight Princess HD development since late 2013

STACK: "When was the decision made to create a HD remake for Twilight Princess? How long does a process such as this usually take?"

Aonuma: "The decision was finalized when it was decided that Tantalus would collaborate for this title, and the project started at the end of 2013 with the verification of technology. The process for such decisions varies depending on the situation and specific project, so unfortunately there’s no solid answer."

http://stack.net.au/games/features/the-twilight-returns-eiji-aonuma-interview

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

No DLC for Twilight Princess HD

STACK: "Are there any plans for additional content to be released post-launch?"

Aonuma: "There is no plan for add-on content with this title because we are focusing on developing the new Zelda title for Wii U, so please look forward to it."

Twilight Princess HD development since late 2013

STACK: "When was the decision made to create a HD remake for Twilight Princess? How long does a process such as this usually take?"

Aonuma: "The decision was finalized when it was decided that Tantalus would collaborate for this title, and the project started at the end of 2013 with the verification of technology. The process for such decisions varies depending on the situation and specific project, so unfortunately there’s no solid answer."

http://stack.net.au/games/features/the-twilight-returns-eiji-aonuma-interview

Thanks for posting this!

I have to say, I'm salivating for Zelda (Wii U). Five years is a long time to wait for an original console Zelda title - as we learned between TP and SS.

Speaking of Zelda (Wiu U), here's some info on development from Kotaku, translated from Famitsu:

"Wondering how things are going? In the most recent issue of Famitsu, series producer Eiji Aonuma was asked just that. “Busy,” he replied.

Continuing, he said, “When we did Skyward Sword for the Wii, at the end stages of development, I was in charge of the characters’ dialogue and the in-game text. And, now as well, it’s like it was then. I had to work on text today, too,” he said with a laugh.

“But, the game has really taken shape, and things have gotten easier. That means things are progressing well.”

According to Aonuma, the keyword this time is “something new.” Ocarina of Time was a huge leap for the Zelda series and since then Aonuma explained, “I think the base of our secret sauce has always been Ocarina of Time. But this time, the change in flavor will be like going from Japanese food to Western style food. Perhaps, players will be surprised.”

“Please look forward to it, because I think we’ll be able to make ‘something new’ like Ocarina of Time was,” Aonuma added."

Source

Also: some more Linkle action from this new UK trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Legends.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Speaking of Zelda (Wiu U), here's some info on development from Kotaku, translated from Famitsu:

"Wondering how things are going? In the most recent issue of Famitsu, series producer Eiji Aonuma was asked just that. “Busy,” he replied.

Continuing, he said, “When we did Skyward Sword for the Wii, at the end stages of development, I was in charge of the characters’ dialogue and the in-game text. And, now as well, it’s like it was then. I had to work on text today, too,” he said with a laugh.

“But, the game has really taken shape, and things have gotten easier. That means things are progressing well.”

According to Aonuma, the keyword this time is “something new.” Ocarina of Time was a huge leap for the Zelda series and since then Aonuma explained, “I think the base of our secret sauce has always been Ocarina of Time. But this time, the change in flavor will be like going from Japanese food to Western style food. Perhaps, players will be surprised.”

“Please look forward to it, because I think we’ll be able to make ‘something new’ like Ocarina of Time was,” Aonuma added."

Source

He has a tendency of speaking in such a way to hype me up. I don't like it! All that does to me is making the wait a lot harder, longer and if the game doesn't live up to the hype... salty freaking tears...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Source

He has a tendency of speaking in such a way to hype me up. I don't like it! All that does to me is making the wait a lot harder, longer and if the game doesn't live up to the hype... salty freaking tears...

The "Western style food" is the most interesting comment for me. It sounds like they'll be borrowing some ideas from American/European action-adventure games and RPGs.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:

The "Western style food" is the most interesting comment for me. It sounds like they'll be borrowing some ideas from American/European action-adventure games and RPGs.

I wonder what that would be. I don't want Zelda to turn into an RPG; I like it just fine as an action-adventure game, although, I wouldn't mind if they spiced up things up with RPG like elements, like they did in SS where you could craft/enhance your items. What I think is most promising, is that it looks like they're going back to their 8-bit roots with a huge open world to explore - something Zelda did a long time before GTA or Skyrim

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Anyone getting Hyrule Warriors Legends? Saw the IGN score of 4.0 and 6.8 though, so hopefully gamers have the n3DS for better performance.

Check this infographic out, courtesy of Amazon:

Source: https://twitter.com/amazongames/status/716992996558802944/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

So, I dream about Zelda last night, again. It was, weird. Artstyle was realistic, but realistic as real life, not like OoT, not like TP, not like the new one. It was realistic.

You can play with Link or Zelda. The one I remember most was Zelda. It was the same model as Skyward Sword with her pink outfit but her free hair. She has two short swords and was fighting against an evil guy similar to OoT Ganondorf.

The environment was like an old street outside of a castle in the middle of the night. Then the logo appears over a wooden surface and can't see the subtitle.

It was so so odd that I have the need to share with you. And I have not think about the game in months...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile