By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: Echoes of Wisdom Out Today, September 26

Tagged games:

Are you planning to buy Echoes of Wisdom?

I already pre-ordered 2 40.00%

Picking it up soon 3 60.00%

Waiting for a sale 0 0%

No, it's not for me 0 0%

Total:5

So they're like neighbouring countries? There needs to be a world map. Time to bring out the Zelda II map again, people have made compelling arguments in the past about Labrynna and Holodrum (the lands from the Oracle series) being on there, aside from Hyrule, so maybe something familiar can be spotted for this game as well.

Or maybe my geekiness takes over and I should just shut up now...

I want to say I think they think more about these things than we give them credit for, but then there's the fact that Link looks different from ALBW Link even when he's supposed to be the same. I do like that ALttP Link, pink hair and all (obviously not the real guy of course, it's a century later), has a cameo in front of the castle entrance.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

B for me. I don't mind waiting 3-4 years for a mainline Zelda game, as long as no corners are cut to produce it.

That said, the Zelda itch is starting to return. I need my non-linear action-adventure game fix  

Are you buying Triforce Heroes?

I'm weak. I don't know how longer can hold...

I don't think so, which is unheard of. I love Zelda more than anything in world of video games.

But it just doesn't sound fulfilling playing alone with "dolls," and I'd rather not tangle with strangers online.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I really wish it had two-player multiplayer. That would change my perspective entirely.

I'm finding singleplayer more fun than multiplayer. Big shocker I know.

Anyway, multiplayer over the internet I mean. People there are either totally stupid, or plain asses. Had a guy that thought it was fun to keep throwing me and the third guy off cliffs, had someone that couldn't correctly time some jump onto a moving platform and kept me waiting for like ten minutes and had people that were just messing around while the way to proceed was completely obvious and lastly, spamming those taunts is also a thing.

Maybe local multiplayer would actually be fun and useful but obviously, I don't have two friends with this game lying around.

The singleplayer like I said is okay, the stages are more fun than those in Four Swords for example and the mechanic with these dolls is more satisfying than the automatic movements of the Four Swords Links, so there's a little more thinking and strategy involved. However, some things are not really optimised for a single player. Time limits are often stretched really thin because obviously you can't move multiple Links simultaneously or certain enemies that were meant to be attacked with multiple players at once are now hard to hit.

Cant we change the poll now? Id like to see what scores TH would get from you guys

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Good day my beauty Zelda fans...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Cant we change the poll now? Id like to see what scores TH would get from you guys

Your wish is my command!

P.S. I'll be traveling to Prague and Berlin for the next 10 days, so I hope you guys will keep this place hopping! :)

I hope TPHD is not too colorful.

But I think this render is done just to fit the promotional image.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:

Your wish is my command!

P.S. I'll be traveling to Prague and Berlin for the next 10 days, so I hope you guys will keep this place hopping! :)

I still havent seen the poll yet, but it'll be really interesting to see what you guys think!

What are you gonna do in Europe?! Its really nice places you're going to, or so I've heard. I wanna visit both cities some time. Have a great time!

@pavolink Zelda games are so beautiful - even when they're only demos! I hope TPHD takes after the e3 demo when it comes to looks, even though I don't want another Zelda remake right now. Have that made for the launch of NX or something

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:

Your wish is my command!

Nice, two big cities with a lot of history! They're impressive to behold, especially for an American (not meant as an insult, it's just that European history goes back further than the USA).

on-topic: I haven't bought the game as I don't have any friends that own a 3DS. I don't want to play with strangers.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides