By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: Echoes of Wisdom Out Today, September 26

Tagged games:

Are you planning to buy Echoes of Wisdom?

I already pre-ordered 2 40.00%

Picking it up soon 3 60.00%

Waiting for a sale 0 0%

No, it's not for me 0 0%

Total:5
Pavolink said:
Symphony of the Goddesses coming to my city! Yes!

Guadalajara, MX, Auditorio Telmex; May 11

Years ago it came, but I didn't know until few hours before the event. Now I think I'll try to go.

You HAVE to go! It's so good

P.S. I didn't know you lived in Mexico, Pavolink!

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

That concert is also coming to Holland, but I'd say those prices are pretty steep .

And yeah, Adventure of Link is pretty decent, but can be extremely frustrating. If it wasn't a Zelda game however I would have given up fairly quickly. Definitely not the best in the series, but surely not the worst either. I agree with Pavolink, without a doubt, the hardest game I've ever finished and one of the hardest I've played in general.

Using just my NES and my golden cartridge, 1980's style resisting the lure of the internet to look things up to finally do it does make beating it my 'greatest achievement in gaming' though. I dropped the controller, made a picture of my tv showing the final screen of the game and was on my knees, chin up and my hands in the air for like 15 minutes .

I think that's a good way to put it. It's not the best, but not the worst either. And it's punishing as hell.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Pavolink said:
Symphony of the Goddesses coming to my city! Yes!

Guadalajara, MX, Auditorio Telmex; May 11

Years ago it came, but I didn't know until few hours before the event. Now I think I'll try to go.

You HAVE to go! It's so good

P.S. I didn't know you lived in Mexico, Pavolink!

Yep, I am.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Nintendo Selecting Players to Try Tri Force Heroes Early

"Select 3DS owners are being granted early access toThe Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes in the form of a pre-release demo.

Nintendo is currently sending out codes for the demo, which features a playable dungeon that must be completed with two additional players. You'll be able to tackle the dungeon with friends via local play or game's online co-op mode.

While the demo doesn't feature a single-player option, Nintendo is providing two additional eShop codes to those selected so they can invite their friends."

Source

Has anyone received any demo codes?

No. Now, if they want to send me a code to download TPHD...

Around the Network

Despite my evident negativity towards the actual team, I'm pretty excited for the future of the franchise.
Aside of delays and fears, they have being doing also pretty good moves in recent games. For example:

Skyward Sword and ALBW Hero Mode. While they still can make it more difficult, those Hero Modes are a gift from Nayru as it makes more challenging the games, specially ALBW (that I'm going to start today in a couple of hours :D!)
In ALBW it's imperative to me to look for the blue tunic as soon as possible to survive in Lorule. Also, the maimai is a very fun side quest, as good as the skulltulas (and way better than the ghost souls in TP).

On the other hand, puzzles in ALBW and SS are also very good. Combat in both games is great, but TWW is the king of fast and great combat.

In general, I expect the new game to be good, and now with the delay it better be the best Zelda experience.

I share your optimism Pavol! They've made some very encouraging steps in the right direction over the last few games, and I think thats part of the reason why we're all so hyped over Zelda U; it seems like another step in the right direction.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Pavolink said:
Despite my evident negativity towards the actual team, I'm pretty excited for the future of the franchise.
Aside of delays and fears, they have being doing also pretty good moves in recent games. For example:

Skyward Sword and ALBW Hero Mode. While they still can make it more difficult, those Hero Modes are a gift from Nayru as it makes more challenging the games, specially ALBW (that I'm going to start today in a couple of hours :D!)
In ALBW it's imperative to me to look for the blue tunic as soon as possible to survive in Lorule. Also, the maimai is a very fun side quest, as good as the skulltulas (and way better than the ghost souls in TP).

On the other hand, puzzles in ALBW and SS are also very good. Combat in both games is great, but TWW is the king of fast and great combat.

In general, I expect the new game to be good, and now with the delay it better be the best Zelda experience.

All good points. I know a lot of people are down on Aonuma, but I think he's done a terrific job. The motion controls and dungeon design in SS is spectacular, and A Link Between Worlds is my favorite Zelda game in two generations. Love the Maimai side quest :)

I expect great things from the next home console Zelda.

I totally forgot to share this with you guys. I picked this up at "artist alley" at New York Comic Con. One of the artists there drew it. It really spoke to me.

RolStoppable said:
Who is buying Triforce Heroes?

For that matter, does anyone have any idea how much content there is? Also, I shouldn't have to ask this, but the Zelda team is not exactly trustworthy: Are there any kinds of upgrades in the game or is it just about putting on a few different dresses?

So I played the demo over the weekend. It's a nice, diverting game. But it's not especially deep.

I played a single level that was broken down into a few bite-sized stages that require team work. All three players share hearts, which encourages smart team-building, but can sour quickly if you have an unfocused group. Luckily, my group was skilled and patient. 

Players can choose outfits at the beginning of the level to gain perks. I chose a Kokiri outfit that gave me a three-arrow shot. At the end of each level is a boss, and after that each player opens a chest with a random prize -- which I believe is another outfit.

I had fun with the demo, but I don't think I'll be buying it at launch.