By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: Breath of the Wild Arrives in 2022, Zelda Game & Watch This December

How do you want Nintendo to celebrate 35 years of Zelda?

Breath of the Wild 2 16 40.00%

Skyward Sword HD (you're in luck!) 5 12.50%

A full-fledged remake of an older game 5 12.50%

Ocarina + Majora remaster collection 2 5.00%

Wind Waker HD + Twilight ... 4 10.00%

Zelda-themed Switch console 0 0%

A brand new 2D Zelda 4 10.00%

Paper Zelda 2 5.00%

Other 2 5.00%

Total:40

BOTW's total with both versions is now 24.8m road to 30m continues and could happen before the sequel.

Around the Network

If you've got some platinum coins to burn, check out this Skyward Sword HD acrylic panel art:

Source

Wyrdness said:

These will just keep coming forever.

Around the Network

Caved and rebought Skyward sword HD on switch I'm liking the improvements to the original and while not a huge graphical upgrade I still find it quite pleasant to look at. But now the gamepad controls for sword play has me scratching my head WTF was Nintendo thinking holding L to rotate the camera is ass backwards Id rather hold L when having to engage in combat. I'll likely continue my play-through using the joycons because of that

Check out this cool diorama of a famous scene in Ocarina of Time! Made by OutOfManaCrafts on Etsy.

Source

^^

That's awesome.

Haven't played Skyward Sword HD yet, have it since launch day though, but I haven't really felt like playing (anything actually).

Anyone think we'll see more for the Legend of Zelda anniversary in the rumored upcoming Direct?
I've heard some people talk about a possible Twilight Princess and Wind Waker combo remaster, but that doesn't seem all the likely to me. Maybe a collection of the handheld games like the Oracles duology or Minish Cap.
Another possibility, although not one I've heard anybody talk about, is the last Smash character being a Zelda rep to celebrate the anniversary, but people have wanted Skullkid for a while so I could see it happening.

psychicscubadiver said:

Anyone think we'll see more for the Legend of Zelda anniversary in the rumored upcoming Direct?
I've heard some people talk about a possible Twilight Princess and Wind Waker combo remaster, but that doesn't seem all the likely to me. Maybe a collection of the handheld games like the Oracles duology or Minish Cap.
Another possibility, although not one I've heard anybody talk about, is the last Smash character being a Zelda rep to celebrate the anniversary, but people have wanted Skullkid for a while so I could see it happening.

Unlikely tbh they said the won't be any other Zelda content from what they announced so if the is a ND don't expect much in the way of Zelda unless they have another BOTW sequel trailer which is also unlikely as they've already set the game out for 2022 it'll more likely appear in a January ND if anything. An ND at this point would likely to either be for indies or to finally give official trailers to confirmed games that have yet to be shown.