By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 5 21.74%

A Link to the Past 10 43.48%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 8.70%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 17.39%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.35%

Other 1 4.35%

Total:23
SKMBlake said:
super_etecoon said:

Do we have a Metacritic Review Prediction for this game up yet? If not, anyone care to make a prediction?

We should

I would say 98

I agree with your score.

From what I gathered from early impressions (and those who receive the game early), it improves on BotW on pretty much every aspect. So a 98 is not out of the question.

So same prediction for me.

Around the Network

I’m going with a 97. There’s no way it won’t be a 10/10 for me, personally. The hype has begun affecting my sleep. Just imagining all the crafting makes my head spin.

Rumour has it the patch 1.1 adds FSR

super_etecoon said:

Do we have a Metacritic Review Prediction for this game up yet? If not, anyone care to make a prediction?

We have an Opencritic prediction league for Nintendo games (and other ones for other platforms and multiplat).

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/247096/nintendo-2023-opencritic-prediction-league-advance-wars-12-at-81/1/

SKMBlake said:
HoloDust said:

You guys are gonna LOVE it, from what I've seen so far.

Indeed, it's basically BOTW but better, in every aspect.

Like Pokémon Gold is to Pokémon Blue.

This is what I'm hearing, too. Take everything that was good about Breath of the Wild, add to it, refine it, and give us so much more. 

It lacks that new 'wow' factor so it won't review as well (I'm gonna assume 93-95 on meta, hoping closer to 95), but most reviews aside from Stephanie Sterling will say it's better. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

I’m still expecting a 7.0 from IGN for “too much air”.

SKMBlake said:
super_etecoon said:

We should

I would say 98

The main reason I refuse to go as high as 97/98 is because of people like Stephanie Sterling...who have made it a 6-year personal identity that they thought Breath of the Wild was 'good' and that they love shoving that 7/10 in everyone's face. People like her that resent Breath of the Wild's immense fan and critical reception can and will rank this one lower because SOME people absolutely do just want the drama hits. 

I didn't like the weapon breaking system either but it worked in the context of the game itself and it was balanced really well. It was a gameplay mechanic/system that was properly adjusted to fit the game itself. It worked. It worked well. The argument that 'nobody likes breaking equipment, it's not a fun mechanic'  is such an an asanine take. Like nobody LIKES taking hits, but you still gotta do it. Nobody likes losing health but you still gotta use potions. Like almost every gameplay mechanic the question is whether it's balanced well, and even though I would prefer the weapon breaking system to not be there, it works well and thus doesn't take away from the game. Period. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Four days to go!! ^^

Already seen footage of somebody who made a giant robot that shoots fire out of its dick lmao

Is it bad that I wanna see that now? XD