By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: Breath of the Wild Arrives in 2022, Zelda Game & Watch This December

How do you want Nintendo to celebrate 35 years of Zelda?

Breath of the Wild 2 16 40.00%

Skyward Sword HD (you're in luck!) 5 12.50%

A full-fledged remake of an older game 5 12.50%

Ocarina + Majora remaster collection 2 5.00%

Wind Waker HD + Twilight ... 4 10.00%

Zelda-themed Switch console 0 0%

A brand new 2D Zelda 4 10.00%

Paper Zelda 2 5.00%

Other 2 5.00%

Total:40

Skyward Sword's controls weren't perfect but for me the satisfaction their kinetic feedback provided more than made up for any imperfections.
I'm very glad that while less prominent, motion controls live on in BOTW and presumably its sequel. Aiming with the gyro just feels so much better than sticks alone.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

The gyro aiming is the absolute worst part of BOTW. I don't even know how could I get myself solving all shrines puzzles in my first playtrough, the controls just make no sense. I have about 160 hours and played this game 3 times but until today I still can't make Magnesis fully work

I remember I've spent over a hour to finish Hateno Village Shrine, and was so stressed out when I finally beat it that I swear to myself never solve that again. At least on the second and third playtroughs I realized I could just paraglide trough the maze, take the sphere and throw it away to finish the Shrine

I hope to not face many gyro puzzles on BOTW 2

IcaroRibeiro said:

The gyro aiming is the absolute worst part of BOTW. I don't even know how could I get myself solving all shrines puzzles in my first playtrough, the controls just make no sense. I have about 160 hours and played this game 3 times but until today I still can't make Magnesis fully work

I remember I've spent over a hour to finish Hateno Village Shrine, and was so stressed out when I finally beat it that I swear to myself never solve that again. At least on the second and third playtroughs I realized I could just paraglide trough the maze, take the sphere and throw it away to finish the Shrine

Hateno's shrine isn't bad, you just flip the board and play baseball. I think the one where you have to place the stairs in the correct position is more troublesome. You want to know which one is really, really, really bad? Honestly... I don't remember, but it's out there. Nintendo Switch Lite players probably have it even worse, I give my condolences to them.

Worst shrine for me is still that one close to Korok's Forest where you have to place a ball in stasis and launch it very far away. 

I never use Magnesis with motion controls, by the way, fuck that shit. Sticks only, works like a charm. Motion controls puzzles definitely have to go, or at least make them better, but things like bow aiming must absolutely must be kept. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

Hateno's shrine isn't bad, you just flip the board and play baseball. I think the one where you have to place the stairs in the correct position is more troublesome. You want to know which one is really, really, really bad? Honestly... I don't remember, but it's out there. Nintendo Switch Lite players probably have it even worse, I give my condolences to them.

Worst shrine for me is still that one close to Korok's Forest where you have to place a ball in stasis and launch it very far away. 

I never use Magnesis with motion controls, by the way, fuck that shit. Sticks only, works like a charm. Motion controls puzzles definitely have to go, or at least make them better, but things like bow aiming must absolutely must be kept. 

Yes, the golf shrine, thanks for reminding me. That one also had me busy for an afternoon. Got that through sheer luck eventually.

Metallox said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Oh I remember this metallic ball, it's the one you use stasis and then 

I don't find this one hard to beat. The secret is to hit the ball fast, then use your bow quickly to shoot it in the right direction

But to get the secret treasure... yeah, that one was nearly impossible. I needed to restart my game many many many times, because I was breaking life half of my weapons and couldn't get it. I managed it based on nothing but luck and time to be honest 

Magnesis with motion controls are definitely bad, and I never knew you could just turn off it so I beat all annoying magnesis puzzles from sheer willpower, even the conceptually simple ones you just need to place cubes and make stairs turned to be little nightmares because of how imprecise the gyro is 

Around the Network

I never found using the gyro for magnesis or any of the runes to be a problem, for me it worked just as smoothly and intuitively as using it to aim the bow.

I for one hope that motion controls remain a permanent component of the series and since Nintendo seems committed to supporting them in their hardware it looks like they may hopefully be the case.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 27 June 2021

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

I saw this a couple days ago, and meant to post it!

It's amazing how talented (and patient!) some of these artists are...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x5hKdJjR3c

Finally some details on the improvements for SW:

Small things i will appreciate none the less.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I think I may have said this already but while I really hate the industry trend of endlessly repackaging old games these days, at least hopefully Skyward Sword will be better appreciated this time compared to late 2011.