By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 6 25.00%

A Link to the Past 10 41.67%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 8.33%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 16.67%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.17%

Other 1 4.17%

Total:24
SKMBlake said:

curl-6 said:

Indeed, this goes way above where my imagination would go.

And people were like "this is a glorified DLC lol"

Well, in terms of meshes, shaders, textures, gameplay etc. it does feel quite like BOTW but calling it a DLC is definitely a stretch. More like a game done in a similar setting with some identical assets, in the vein of Resident Evil 3.

It's more distinct from its predecessor than Super Mario Galaxy 2 but maybe less than Majora's Mask.

Around the Network

TOTK is now pre-loading on Switch, the notice said the 6th of May is when that would happen but it seems to have been brought forward by a day.

Wyrdness said:

TOTK is now pre-loading on Switch, the notice said the 6th of May is when that would happen but it seems to have been brought forward by a day.

It said 5th for me. It's always a week before release.

There's a cool interactive story on The Legend of Zelda up at nytimes.com: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2023/05/04/us/zelda-nintendo-history.html

It's behind a paywall, but check it out if you're subscribed.

Cant wait - pre-ordered the game.

Around the Network

My Preload just finished downloading. Now I get to watch and wait for the next week while it sits there, taunting me

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

The logo looks gorgeous.
I just sat there for an hour staring at it.

https://hyruleguessr.com/
Here's an awesome game you can play to test your knowledge of BotW's map.

There's gonna be a Nintendo Treehouse event for Tears of The Kingdom on it's launch day!! ^^

You guys are gonna LOVE it, from what I've seen so far.

For me, it is way, way too deep into meaningless messing around with physics and crafting, much more than BotW, so I'll probably like it even less than BotW, but for all those who find that entertaining in their Zeldas, this will be a treat.

All I can say is "You lucky, lucky bastards", since Nintendo went 150% with "fucking around Hyrule" part of BotW and is aiming for that audience, and pretty much gave a middle finger to all those who wanted return of some of classic things from previous Zeldas.

Honestly, I was thinking on skipping this one all together after all, which would be my first hard no ever for mainline Zelda, but I do know there is underground, so, eventually when I do play it, that's my last hope that there is at least something resembling classic Zeldas.