By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 5 21.74%

A Link to the Past 10 43.48%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 8.70%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 17.39%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.35%

Other 1 4.35%

Total:23

This leak situation has me sympathizing with Nintendo for the first time in ages (not counting the success of The Super Mario Bros. Movie).

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
super_etecoon said:

9 days here…did they bump up the release date like they did the Mario Movie?

No, they don't randomly change the release date by a few days so shortly before release. You would be hearing that everywhere.

I know; I was just giving the previous poster the benefit of a doubt.  They did change the Mario release date, but like you said, we heard about that everywhere.

CaptainExplosion said:

This leak situation has me sympathizing with Nintendo for the first time in ages (not counting the success of The Super Mario Bros. Movie).

Practically every Nintendo game leaks a week or two before release. There's barely any exception.

Does anyone know when we can expect the first reviews? Monday?

Kakadu18 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Practically every Nintendo game leaks a week or two before release. There's barely any exception.

Even when they started using discs in 2001?

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Kakadu18 said:

I mean on the Switch. Not the last few decades. Idk anything about leaks from back then.

We are overdue for a new poll, so I just added a new, time-sensitive one.

And the results of the last poll:

Kakadu18 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I mean on the Switch. Not the last few decades. Idk anything about leaks from back then.

Maybe part of it is a revolt over Nintendo's poor treatment of people who make fan games or use ROM sites for their classic games.

What is the best set up for a game like this on an Lgc2 oled? I have my zelda bundle arriving next next week. Oh and I opened my first switch game last week, but it had a tiny cartridge inside, is this game disc that the system reads off or does it use the internet to download the game on the drive. Because i'm thinking how on earth can a full game fit onto this tiny thing.

KratosLives said:

What is the best set up for a game like this on an Lgc2 oled? I have my zelda bundle arriving next next week. Oh and I opened my first switch game last week, but it had a tiny cartridge inside, is this game disc that the system reads off or does it use the internet to download the game on the drive. Because i'm thinking how on earth can a full game fit onto this tiny thing.

Some games have a day one patch that gets downloaded but most of it should be on the cartridge unless it's some collection by Capcom or Square Enix were only one part is on the cartridge or something like that. These cartridges mostly are 8GB or 16GB in some rare cases 32GB. TotK they compressed down to 15.9GB like a few weeks ago from 17GB probably to be able to use the cheaper 16GB cartridges and not need an extra download.

But I mean these cartridges are huge compared to microSD cards that can be up to 2TB. But those are much more expensive and fragile.

The biggest Switch games are 30 something GB. Discs are just to big for such a small device.

Which game did you get?