By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: Breath of the Wild Arrives in 2022, Zelda Game & Watch This December

How do you want Nintendo to celebrate 35 years of Zelda?

Breath of the Wild 2 16 40.00%

Skyward Sword HD (you're in luck!) 5 12.50%

A full-fledged remake of an older game 5 12.50%

Ocarina + Majora remaster collection 2 5.00%

Wind Waker HD + Twilight ... 4 10.00%

Zelda-themed Switch console 0 0%

A brand new 2D Zelda 4 10.00%

Paper Zelda 2 5.00%

Other 2 5.00%

Total:40

i really hope they have under water exploration this time.

Around the Network
KratosLives said:

i really hope they have under water exploration this time.

Yeah, I hope we get this too. I didn't feel it's absence was a problem in BOTW but it'd make for a cool addition.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Wyrdness said:

It will possibly be a case of the surface not only being a hub but also serving as a sandbox area for people to test the limits of the mechanics. If you look at ALBW the were changes to the map from ALTTP but it mainly served as a hub to the alternate realm I can see the same happening here only on a much bigger scale.

This way the surface is a familiar experience with changes which you return to every now and then like a world map/hub while the sky is the bulk of the new experience. 

Yes! I can totally see this being the case.

Managed to finally edit the post on the last page it had all this weird text so I just deleted it seems to have fixed the issue.

With the paraglider only allowing for, well, gliding, I wonder if you'll gain the means of actually flying at some point in order to travel more easily between the sky islands.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

The glider may behave differently in the Sky compared to Ground.

Last edited by Wyrdness - on 19 June 2021

I’m already getting pretty hyped.

Minor thing but I'm really impressed by the cloud rendering in the BOTW2 trailer, they look like they have real volume. BOTW1 pushed the Wii U hardware hard, here's hoping BOTW2 is a showcase of what the Switch can pull off as well.