By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 5 21.74%

A Link to the Past 10 43.48%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 8.70%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 17.39%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.35%

Other 1 4.35%

Total:23

That's not funny. -_-

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

That's not funny. -_-

No, but sadly pretty accurate, at least for a 3D Zelda. I’m sure there will be a 2D (top down) Zelda, Remakes/Remasters, and perhaps even a Zelda Maker, but the earliest I think we could expect a full 3D epic game would be ‘28 or ‘29, perhaps even longer as curl-6 states, given that I wouldn’t be surprised if ToTK had some DLC. 

super_etecoon said:
CaptainExplosion said:

That's not funny. -_-

No, but sadly pretty accurate, at least for a 3D Zelda. I’m sure there will be a 2D (top down) Zelda, Remakes/Remasters, and perhaps even a Zelda Maker, but the earliest I think we could expect a full 3D epic game would be ‘28 or ‘29, perhaps even longer as curl-6 states, given that I wouldn’t be surprised if ToTK had some DLC. 

Would you say Zelda II: The Adventure of Link would count as a Metroidvania?

Full game has leaked online

pikashoe said:

Full game has leaked online

I now understand Nintendo's frustration with leakers. -_-

Around the Network

Didn’t understand Nintendo’s stance on leaking…oh wait, wrong thread. 😂

In all seriousness, leakers suck. It sucks for the company, it sucks for the fans, and it sucks for the folks making videos because no matter what they make about Zelda, half of their audience will be avoiding it.

I’m not even sure how Nintendo combats something like this. Was it a review code? A physical copy from a warehouse? Ripped from headquarters? A third party provider theft?

Anyway, I’ll be more cautious than even before now. Longest 11 days ever.

super_etecoon said:

Didn’t understand Nintendo’s stance on leaking…oh wait, wrong thread. 😂

In all seriousness, leakers suck. It sucks for the company, it sucks for the fans, and it sucks for the folks making videos because no matter what they make about Zelda, half of their audience will be avoiding it.

I’m not even sure how Nintendo combats something like this. Was it a review code? A physical copy from a warehouse? Ripped from headquarters? A third party provider theft?

Anyway, I’ll be more cautious than even before now. Longest 11 days ever.

I don't understand why this seems to happen so often to nintendo in particular.

pikashoe said:
super_etecoon said:

I'm not even sure how Nintendo combats something like this. Was it a review code? A physical copy from a warehouse? Ripped from headquarters? A third party provider theft?

Anyway, I'll be more cautious than even before now. Longest 11 days ever.

I don't understand why this seems to happen so often to nintendo in particular.

I suppose it doesn't help that they make more of a commitment to physical games that are, like, actually on the cartridge. Whereas other companies will put out a blu-ray with a download code or whatever. So all it takes is one guy at any of the thousands of stores the game is shipped to to break the embargo and there you go. Also doesn't help that the Switch is 6 years old, so hackers have figured it out by now.

I wouldn't say it sucks for everyone though, it certainly does for most people. For those who get to play it early, if they're eagerly anticipating it, it's like an early Christmas gift. Funny enough, while I could benefit from this, I'm actually not gonna do it simply because I don't want my mind to get excited for Zelda just yet. You know. (So basically the leak sucks for me too, because of the tentation)

My housemate downloaded it on his steam deck, So annoyed he is incapable of keeping his mouth shut. This has put me into such a terrible mood.

pikashoe said:

My housemate downloaded it on his steam deck, so annoyed he is incapable of keeping his mouth shut. This has put me into such a terrible mood.

Definitely sucks when people suck.

Maybe try locking him in his room?

edit: wait, I got a better one. Take his steam deck and play the game yourself instead. And tell him all about it

Last edited by mZuzek - on 01 May 2023