By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 6 25.00%

A Link to the Past 10 41.67%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 8.33%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 16.67%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.17%

Other 1 4.17%

Total:24
CaptainExplosion said:

I can't believe today's Direct said nothing about BOTW2. -_-

We just hit 4,000 posts! So glad to see folks still enjoying this thread after so many years :)

Around the Network

It was obvious beforehand BOTW2 wasn't going to be shown in the ND, we had an ND that set up the line up for Jan to March so we knew this one was mainly to set up the schedule for Spring and went even further and also did Summer. BOTW2 is likely going to be the holiday game as the holiday period was left blank by the ND.

CaptainExplosion said:

I can't believe today's Direct said nothing about BOTW2. -_-

Maybe it'll get lost in the voids, that Metroid Dread crawled out of, togheter with Metroid Prime 4 

Wyrdness said:

BOTW now at 25.8m on Switch and over 27m total, it's closing in on that 30m mark.

Are you getting this from VGC numbers, or was it an official number from Nintendo? If from VGC, what was the most recent official number from Nintendo?

pitzy272 said:
Wyrdness said:

BOTW now at 25.8m on Switch and over 27m total, it's closing in on that 30m mark.

Are you getting this from VGC numbers, or was it an official number from Nintendo? If from VGC, what was the most recent official number from Nintendo?

The numbers are from Nintendo themselves, 25.8m on Switch and the last reported WiiU numbers from years back was 1.6m.

Around the Network
pitzy272 said:
Wyrdness said:

VGC doesn't make software sales estimates anymore. All numbers that VGC reports now are officially reported.

Here's my review of a fun little Zelda-like game called Ocean's Heart: https://www.vgchartz.com/article/452531/oceans-heart-ns/

If you like games like Blossom Tales, Oceanhorn, and Ittle Dew 2, you'll dig this one :)

I watched some of Peco's stream, he's a notable BOTW player we've had some of his videos shown in this thread prior, it really highlights what the open emergent gameplay has created as his stream is practically creating an anime style adventure of his own with in the game, this seems to be a sort of subculture that has in the Japanese side of streaming the game that has formed.

Just when you thought the internet had outlived its usefulness...

Check out YouTuber Bigfatfrown's take on "Africa", with only Majora's Mask 3D instruments :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av5oRf88aso

Happy fifth anniversary, Breath of the Wild!

Hard to believe BotW and Switch are five years old already...