By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 5 21.74%

A Link to the Past 10 43.48%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 8.70%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 17.39%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.35%

Other 1 4.35%

Total:23
super_etecoon said:

I think the last time I was this hyped for a piece of media it was for Episode 1: The Phantom Menace back in ‘99. In many ways that release taught me to lower my expectations and not buy into the hype. Based on these reviews I won’t have to learn the same lesson this time around.

Thank you, Aonuma-san, the Zelda team, Nintendo and Monolith Soft.

I feel you. I don’t think I’ll ever be more excited than I was for Episode I. I still remember being lined up around the back of the movie theater for the 12:01am showing :)

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I just want to know if framerate is locked 30 or is shit like botw , and if they had dungeons , new areas explore in world map or ita the same exact map

Same-ish world map with a lot of changes, though the gameplay loop remains essentially the same as BOTW. I must confess that's a bit jarring since I replayed BOTW just a few months ago and it's all back again at the shrine hunt stuff.

(edit - mind, that's my personal low tolerance for open-world stuff rather than an objective flaw of the game)

Last edited by haxxiy - on 11 May 2023

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I just want to know if framerate is locked 30 or is shit like botw , and if they had dungeons , new areas explore in world map or ita the same exact map

Just watched a performance test. Just like BOTW it can drop as low as 20 fps in demanding areas of the map if powers are used and when there are alot of enemies on screen.

Just over 90 minutes left for me. I'm oddly calm. I might not sleep at all tonight.

Kakadu18 said:

Just over 90 minutes left for me. I'm oddly calm. I might not sleep at all tonight.

Can’t say I blame you. 7 hours to go for me. What a send off the Switch is getting with this title. Really feels like a perfect bookend to a perfect generation for them. I know the successor hasn’t even been announced, I know Pikmin 4 is coming, and I know there may be other titles, but certainly we are in the twilight period for the hybrid. 

Around the Network

Just ordered my copy which will arrive in a few days. It's my first owned Switch game! (I have full access to a Switch that isn't mine).

I'M GONNA GO GET A COPY TOMORROW!! ^^

Some new icons available via NSO:

After playing for five hours I can say that this game is gorgeous as heck! The opening section is really cool. And then getting a first view at the vast expance of the sky is just breathtaking.
The controlls with the new abilities are easier to get used to than I expected.

There's also a bunch of qol improvements over BotW. And you can change the spoken language in the settings.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Some new icons available via NSO:

I Want them all. How do I get them? I have been browsing the website for the better part of an hour now and I can't find out how to do it. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android