By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 5 21.74%

A Link to the Past 10 43.48%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 8.70%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 17.39%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.35%

Other 1 4.35%

Total:23
Kakadu18 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition at sale at Walmart for only $9.67!

That would be a steal, it's one of the most content heavy games I've ever played, but now it went up to $88.

Oh wow…

Hopefully some folks got it during the sale window. I was tempted to get a 2nd copy, just because it was such a steal :)

Around the Network

I’d be more excited about a modernized version of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link than Twilight Princess or Wind Waker, neither of which I’m personally interested in playing at all as I wasn’t a fan of those games when they first came out. Although, Twilight Princess and Wind Waker probably have a broader appeal than a Zelda 2 remake.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

I’d be more excited about a modernized version of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link than Twilight Princess or Wind Waker, neither of which I’m personally interested in playing at all as I wasn’t a fan of those games when they first came out. Although, Twilight Princess and Wind Waker probably have a broader appeal than a Zelda 2 remake.

I'm interested in them making new 2D Zelda games. I assumed when everything got consolidated into one system we'd get new 3D and new 2D Zelda games. Link's Awakening remake was a great first test of updating 2D Zelda graphics for modern times and seeing that people are still interested in 2D Zelda games (given the expanded Zelda market thanks to BotW a gameboy remake has sold about as well as any Zelda ever has before BotW! Now they just gotta start making new 2D Zeldas.

Personally not interested much in TP, I played maybe a quarter of the way through that game on the Wii and just found the whole wolf mechanic tedious and boring. That was the game when I was like okay Zelda needs a big change...and 10 years later they did it with BotW!

Wind Waker though, I only ever played the start of that game but it seemed great. I'll definitely pick up a WW/TP pack for Switch in order to play WW. WW has been probably my most desired port the past few years.

All evergreens including zelda are declining year on year by quite a bit, I'm expecting around 3.25m for BOTW this FY.

There are some cool new NES Zelda icons available now for NSO. Check them out!

Around the Network

The next Nintendo directs starts in about 90 minutes, at 10am EST on September 13. We've seen rumors of Twilight Princess/Wind Waker HD ports, and speculation about Breath of the Wild sequel news.

Link

Jumpin said:

I could definitely get behind a remake of Zelda II. The original game is outstanding in many ways, but starts to fall apart in the end. If Nintendo could retain the spirit and mechanics of the original, but make it more forgiving, I think it could be great.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Launches May 12, 2023.

Source

I like the naming scheme.
Breath of the Wild

Tears of the Kingdom

I assume the kingdom got restored/rebuilt in the timeframe between both games.

Mar1217 said:
Kakadu18 said:

I like the naming scheme.
Breath of the Wild

Tears of the Kingdom

I assume the kingdom got restored/rebuilt in the timeframe between both games.

I'm pretty sure the game will only be a short while after BOTW so I don't expect to see much rebuilding done. Like a lot of it is going to be in re-construction.

Anywoo, glad we can finally rest up with the BOTW 2 name.

Long live Tears of the Kingdom

I might be the only one, but I think it would be really cool to get a spin-off city building game that takes place after the events of BotW. You could play as Zelda as she rebuilds Hyrule. Maybe I'm crazy