Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 17.41 Million on Switch, Link’s Awakening Sells 4.38 Million

Which would you rather see?

3D Zeldas get the 2D treatment 7 15.56%

2D Zeldas get the 3D treatment 21 46.67%

Neither 17 37.78%

Total:45
Wyrdness said:
We may very well be past the 20m total mark at this point for BOTW.

I wonder if in the future, this game sales could be beaten by another game in the series in the future. To me it looks impossible or least, the record will last for a decade easily.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Wyrdness said:
We may very well be past the 20m total mark at this point for BOTW.

I wonder if in the future, this game sales could be beaten by another game in the series in the future. To me it looks impossible or least, the record will last for a decade easily.

Depends how they push the next game as if they approach it the same way R* did VC it could potentially do more and set a new base average for the series.

That very interesting. I had always assumed it was due to the number of shrines completed.

Wow, I never even thought that the game had such an RPG-esque manner of progression when playing it ... Probably explains why the encounter got so much harder when I was done with the Gerudo region.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

Wow.

I had no idea that people were still using Skyward Sword music in Breath of the Wild videos.

Oh wow that makes sense. I thought it was like after beating Divine beasts.
Makes a kind rpg but more natural, love it.

Wyrdness said:

I love that after more than three years, we're still finding out new things about BOTW. It's insanely deep.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.