By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 2 10.00%

A Link to the Past 10 50.00%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 10.00%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 20.00%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 5.00%

Other 1 5.00%

Total:20
CaptainExplosion said:
Wyrdness said:

Wtf? 5% isn't going to change anything especially as Nintendo themselves own a majority controlling stake.

But they'll buy even more of Nintendo because money talks louder than all else.

Companies have a set amount of stock on the market and the are numerous situations where it's limited how much anyone can purchase and in this case Nintendo owns the controlling amount shares they bought them back years back before the Switch released so no matter how much anyone else buys they can't exert any control.

Either way this is not a topic for you to bring over from the other threads keep it in the original topic and lets keep this Zelda only.

Around the Network

I don't know if you all saw, but there are now Breath of the Wild icon elements available for NSO users!

Source

Replaying BOTW the fourth time and jeez, this game never gets old, what a masterpiece. I'm truly afraid BOTW 2 can't meet that level of quality. Much of BOTW enjoyment comes from your journey discovering Hyrule and how can you interact with that world

If BOTW 2 takes place in the exact same realm I think I'll be left a bit underwhelmed because at this point I think I have covered every possible point of the map. The best for BOTW 2 is to be placed in a completely different Kingdom, with feel in common to Hyrule then you discovery journey can happen again like in a blank page

Modder Kirbymimi created a split-screen co-op option in Breath of the Wild. Check it out below:

Source

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Modder Kirbymimi created a split-screen co-op option in Breath of the Wild. Check it out below:

Source

I've seen this today in my feed, and it instantly reminded me of Outward, open world RPG (with survival elements) that was built from the ground up to have split screen coop (the way I've played through it with my son couple of years ago). I'm really hoping someone in Nintendo is visionary and influential enough to make coop split screen a reality in BotW2.

Around the Network

Miyamoto initially ‘cringed’ at Wind Waker’s art style and asked for a redesign.

According to an interview with Wind Waker director, Eiji Aonuma cited by the video, he didn’t believe Miyamoto would like the redesign, so he waited as long as he could before showing it to his boss, saying that he “literally cringed” when he first saw it.

“If I had gone and talked to him from the very beginning, I think he would’ve said ‘How is that Zelda?’ Aonuma recalls. “Miyamoto had trouble letting go of the realistic link art style until the very end.

“At some point, he had to give a presentation against his will. That’s when he said something to me like ‘You know, it’s not too late to change course and make a realistic Zelda.”

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/miyamoto-initially-cringed-at-wind-wakers-art-style-and-asked-for-a-redesign-its-claimed/

HoloDust said:

Miyamoto initially ‘cringed’ at Wind Waker’s art style and asked for a redesign.

According to an interview with Wind Waker director, Eiji Aonuma cited by the video, he didn’t believe Miyamoto would like the redesign, so he waited as long as he could before showing it to his boss, saying that he “literally cringed” when he first saw it.

“If I had gone and talked to him from the very beginning, I think he would’ve said ‘How is that Zelda?’ Aonuma recalls. “Miyamoto had trouble letting go of the realistic link art style until the very end.

“At some point, he had to give a presentation against his will. That’s when he said something to me like ‘You know, it’s not too late to change course and make a realistic Zelda.”

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/miyamoto-initially-cringed-at-wind-wakers-art-style-and-asked-for-a-redesign-its-claimed/

I still cringe at Wind Waker's art style, it's a hideous game with an art style completely unbefitting of the series.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 02 August 2022

Wind Waker's art style instantly resonated with me when I first saw it. Thanks to that art style it aged visually better than any other Zelda game. Even the original still looks beautiful.

To be fair a realistic Zelda (or at least, 'fantasy realism' like OoT or BotW) instead of Wind Waker likely would've helped GameCube much more, so I'd say Miyamoto's hunch in that area was right. The Wind Waker did change visibly from reveal to release regardless though; the reveal trailer was even more cartoony and slapstick than the final product.

Personally, while Wind Waker remains my least favourite 3D Zelda game, the look of it was never the issue for me. I was fine with it from the start.

With the updated numbers BOTW'S total is now 28.74 with both versions, that 30m barrier will be broken this year.