By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 5 21.74%

A Link to the Past 10 43.48%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 8.70%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 17.39%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.35%

Other 1 4.35%

Total:23

Still selling the platform even now, their strongest launch title after Wiisports and SMB.

Around the Network

Breath of the Wild five years old (well, since yesterday)! Crazy, it doesn't really feel as long. Maybe because the game is still relevant. When Ocarina was five years old, we were already playing Wind Waker and had Majora's Mask in between.

I hope the sequel delivers, if it's half as awesome as BotW is we're in for a treat!

Wyrdness said:

Still selling the platform even now, their strongest launch title after Wiisports and SMB.

Without a discount too.

Breath of the Wild sequel delayed to Spring 2023:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_vgseuw_o8

Since the "expanded world" goes beyond the ground and the sky, maybe we'll be able to explore the underground. "New encounters" sounds exciting because the enemy variety in the first game was not exactly the best. Also, I hope the game has more areas like the Hyrule Castle.

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 29 March 2022

Around the Network

The Master Sword got rekt some how, sounds like the Skies and Ground aren't the only parts of Hyrule maybe Underground and Underwater were added as well they may even have a layered open world where although they're not seamlessly connected they're as big as each other. I get the impression they came up with new ideas along the way and rather than cut them and put them in the next game they decided nah lets extend development, I like that I wish more developers could have that option instead of being forced to a deadline.

This game will be literally so huge in content it will be crazy. The possibilities from the Botw mecanics and engine are INSANE. Now put 6 more years into a game and like adjustments from what people didn't like in the first one and you have something incredible. I hope they put more overworld boss and more secrets to discover than just shrines. That's the main takeaway from the first one that i would like to change. But like wow, i'm really not ready for the sequel. It will be literally insane.

CaptainExplosion said:
Link_Nines.XBC said:

Since the "expanded world" goes beyond the ground and the sky, maybe we'll be able to explore the underground. "New encounters" sounds exciting because the enemy variety in the first game was not exactly the best. I hope the game has more areas like the Hyrule Castle.

I hope it brings back more classic Zelda monsters and bosses, because I got sick of fighting different varieties of Ganon after a while.

At least the delay means it might be released around my next birthday, so I don't mind it too much. ^^

They def will i think, seeing how well the Lynels integration was in the 3D games i'm sure they will bring more. 

Would be here for a nightmare fuel boss like this one being in the game.

They could also bring back the ReDeads (they could put them in undergroud areas if the game has them).

I’m not too bummed, they should do what they want, I have faith.

And yeah that Master Sword shot is new right? It looks even worse than in BotW when it had been sleeping for hundreds of years.