Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 17.41 Million on Switch, Link’s Awakening Sells 4.38 Million

Which would you rather see?

3D Zeldas get the 2D treatment 7 17.95%

2D Zeldas get the 3D treatment 19 48.72%

Neither 13 33.33%

Total:39

17.41m for BOTW on NS now taking the total to 19m only 1m left until 20m.

Around the Network

Updated the title thread with new sales data, courtesy of Nintendo.

Link's Awakening has slowed down significantly, but that's in line with my expectations. Shipped 0.19m for the past quarter, so it won't see another fiscal year with shipments of 1m.

I got to play the remake myself recently. Not fond of the dungeon builder because it gets repetitive long before you've finished the 12 initial challenges you are being given. Other changes like 32 heart pieces instead of 12 and 50 shells instead of 20 are welcome, although more hearts don't make all too much sense when the game itself still maintains the same size. The grapple hook minigame got extended with partly infuriating pickup physics and no real reward for the ordeal. Overall, 100% justified that I didn't buy this game. Positives are outweighed by negatives and it doesn't help that Unreal Engine games have annoying framerate stutters on Switch because the engine is rubbish.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

My prediction for LA really dumped in the water now. At least, 5M LT would be nice ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

WTF?? 17 Million units???? wow... I'm speechless

Around the Network

Does anyone have a sales breakdown for each quarter for BOTW since its release?

Retro pitched a game focused on Sheik during TP's days.

https://www-eurogamer-net.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.eurogamer.net/amp/2020-05-06-artwork-reveals-cancelled-the-legend-of-zelda-project-starring-sheik?fbclid=IwAR2dhJq5ThvD8tTXPthVorwykU2J3xac_GDHJBzfh6Kgp-VP_Ncs9MEIGDc&_js_v=0.1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eurogamer.net%2Farticles%2F2020-05-06-artwork-reveals-cancelled-the-legend-of-zelda-project-starring-sheik

Mind blowing how much Zelda became a HUGE franchise now. I think if the Mario movie does well, Zelda is clearly next.
Link's awakening will reach 5+ millions lifetime for sure. So i think it is pretty safe to say the BOTW sequel will surpass 10 millions.

Yeah Link's Awakening has grinded to a halt it seems.

Too bad, because Link's Awakening and this remake are great, but it seems such a peculiar 2D/overhead game is still only for the Zelda core fanbase. Breath of the Wild however continues to do do absolutely fantastic.

RolStoppable said:

I got to play the remake myself recently. Not fond of the dungeon builder because it gets repetitive long before you've finished the 12 initial challenges you are being given.

Got to agree with this, while it looked fun in the trailers at first there's not that much to it, and it's features are very limited. I never completed all challenges.