By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 5 21.74%

A Link to the Past 10 43.48%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 8.70%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 17.39%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.35%

Other 1 4.35%

Total:23
Veknoid_Outcast said:
curl-6 said:

Title for the new game: The Legend of Zelda: Hand of Time.

Personally I'm quite happy with where the pendulum came to rest with BOTW. All I'd really like to change for the successor is more enemy variety and themed dungeons, other than that I'm more than happy for BOTW's design to remain the new series blueprint in the way Ocarina was the blueprint for Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword.

I'm similarly happy with Breath of the Wild, and its focus on open-ended, emergent gameplay. Heck, it's the best game I've played. At the same time, I do love the structured action-adventure blueprint from the 1992-2013 years, and hope that doesn't disappear. Maybe the tradition can carry on with new 2D installments?

For me it's the #3 best game I've played, behind only RE4 and Super Mario Galaxy. I doubt the old blueprint is gone forever, and it's certainly possible the 2D branch of the series will be where it lives on. Future 3D entries may even try to blend the two templates to please fans of both.

Around the Network

I think Nintendo should release Breath 2 for Wii U, even if it runs like crap. The thing deserves it, it sacrificed the only true Zelda game to its name for the success of the Switch.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

I think Nintendo should release Breath 2 for Wii U, even if it runs like crap. The thing deserves it, it sacrificed the only true Zelda game to its name for the success of the Switch.

There's no point in doing that. The tiny number of consoles that Wii U sold are almost all long since packed away in a basement/attic/cupboard and replaced by a Switch, so not enough people would buy the Wii U version for it to be worth developing. Plus the game would be better off if it's not held back by the Wii U's capabilities.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 25 June 2021

Metallox said:

You are a very kind Wii U owner. Too kind. Much too kind for such a poorly performing console!

Wii U does NOT deserve Breath of the Wild 2. It didn’t deserve ANY Nintendo games. Breath of the Wild was far too much of a treat. It was spoiling an ungrateful console.

Remember, if you raise your kids right, you can spoil your grandkids.

If you spoil your kids, you will be raising your grandkids.

That same old wisdom applies to video game consoles.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

The tablet has been replaced with a glove and I'm suspecting motin controls to coinside with it ^_^

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Metallox said:

There's no point in doing that. The tiny number of consoles that Wii U sold are almost all long since packed away in a basement/attic/cupboard and replaced by a Switch, so not enough people would buy the Wii U version for it to be worth developing. Plus the game would be better off if it's not held back by the Wii U's capabilities.

There's obviously no point in doing it but I'm just saying they should do it as a nice gesture to the console. Make an honorific version or something for the sequel of a game that for a good deal of years was known as "Zelda Wii U". 

Jumpin said:
Metallox said:

You are a very kind Wii U owner. Too kind. Much too kind for such a poorly performing console!

Wii U does NOT deserve Breath of the Wild 2. It didn’t deserve ANY Nintendo games. Breath of the Wild was far too much of a treat. It was spoiling an ungrateful console.

Remember, if you raise your kids right, you can spoil your grandkids.

If you spoil your kids, you will be raising your grandkids.

That same old wisdom applies to video game consoles.

That's harsh, man. The Wii U wasn't spoiled, more like neglected! 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
curl-6 said:

There's obviously no point in doing it but I'm just saying they should do it as a nice gesture to the console. Make an honorific version or something for the sequel of a game that for a good deal of years was known as "Zelda Wii U".

If there's no point then why bother, it doesn't benefit any significant amount of people. Wii U got BOTW, that is enough.

curl-6 said:
Metallox said:

If there's no point then why bother, it doesn't benefit any significant amount of people. Wii U got BOTW, that is enough.

Damn, man, you're crushing Wii U's almost completely extinguished heart. 

Metallox said:
curl-6 said:

Damn, man, you're crushing Wii U's almost completely extinguished heart. 

The Wii U's been dead and gone for a long time now, there's nothing to extinguish at this point.

They listened! Nintendo continues with its Princess Mononoke inspirations.

When you see Link with his corrupted arm, you instantly remember Ashitaka.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"