By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Legend of Zelda Thread: BotW Sells 31.61M Units & TotK Sells 20.28M Units

Which Zelda game have you finished the most?

The Legend of Zelda 5 21.74%

A Link to the Past 10 43.48%

Link's Awakening 0 0%

Ocarina of Time 2 8.70%

Majora's Mask 0 0%

The Wind Waker 0 0%

Twilight Princess 4 17.39%

Skyward Sword 0 0%

Breath of the Wild 1 4.35%

Other 1 4.35%

Total:23
The_Liquid_Laser said:

The low score may actually be due to BotW.  Once you've played that game, Skyward Sword isn't going to seem so great anymore.

Well, there is a precedent for large decreases in scores for other major franchise as well, although I think the average decrease is more 6 to 8 points, 11 points is a bit too much indeed, but I'm not sure if this is due to BoTW, Twilight Princess decreased 10 points and it wasn't because of BOTW

I guess reviews like to rate the amount of effort they put in making the remaster version better. Mario 3D All Stars scored 82, even if every Mario game in the collection scored over 92 points, that's because 3D All Stars is mostly a collection of straight ports, and this may be a turn-off for reviewers 

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
S.Peelman said:

Also, since the sealed first(-ish?) print version of Zelda NES sold for $870000 it seems prices of regular Joe versions of that game, like mine, have also risen. Looks like I could fetch a couple hundred euros for my copy if I wanted to now. But with that one I’ll also be keeping it.

Yeah, I can't imagine parting with my NES Zelda either. It's just so special to me. I remember when my mom gave away a bunch of our NES games when I was a kid. I hid the Zelda games away, so they wouldn't be included  

My favorite piece of physical media will forever be my gold collector's edition Ocarina cartridge, though. 

That was good thinking on your part.

Sadly my NES copy isn’t from my own childhood though. I got it around 8 or 9 years ago when I started ‘restoring’ lost things. It’s fully complete with the little secrets booklet and everything. Anyway I personally never had that game when it was current, because in my house we didn’t have a gaming system until N64. My aunt owned an NES and SNES with Zelda games, which introduced me, but those were all lost. The oldest one I have that’s been mine since the start is Ocarina of Time, and it still looks almost as good as it ever did.

I got off the fence, decided to buy Skyward Sword again despite not being convinced about the controls. It will look great anyway and the game is great and my youngest loves Zelda (was 2 when it came out on Wii). Too many reasons not to skip this remaster. I'm looking forward to experiencing the sand sea again, magical.

Not buying SS HD because I can’t play the game on hard mode right off the bat. What a shame!!

BOTW's total with both versions is now 24.8m road to 30m continues and could happen before the sequel.

Around the Network

If you've got some platinum coins to burn, check out this Skyward Sword HD acrylic panel art:

Source

Wyrdness said:

These will just keep coming forever.

Caved and rebought Skyward sword HD on switch I'm liking the improvements to the original and while not a huge graphical upgrade I still find it quite pleasant to look at. But now the gamepad controls for sword play has me scratching my head WTF was Nintendo thinking holding L to rotate the camera is ass backwards Id rather hold L when having to engage in combat. I'll likely continue my play-through using the joycons because of that