Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony ‘Employee’ Review: ‘I Don’t Have A Lot Of Confidence That Orbis Will Sell Well’

Well, seeing how poorly the PS4 is selling right now it seems there is no hope for it.

Around the Network

The war is really MS vs Sony. They are the ones competing for the same market. Further down the line it will be Valve vs MS vs Sony.

Those who are "graphic" whores will most likely get Steambox. Steambox like others consoles starts slow but they should be building up momentum down the line.

DirtyP2002 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
JayWood2010 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

While 3d might not have taken off, it didn't hurt anything having it for people that can use it, and I'll tell you it's fantastic in games like R3 and GT5.

Move sold 15 million units and counting. Hardly a flop.

It would help if you knew what your talking about, In fact vita is the only handheld that brought innovation this gen. 3 and 1st party support is stacked from her on out for next year.

Millions of people still care about the Playstation brand, thanks for speaking for everyone. All those gamers that got a p3 this holiday season and it was the console to show the least amount of decline this year, while remain number one for the entire year, not just Christmas.

MS id done money hating 3rd parties, look at all the money hatting they did this gen. And it still didn't help them. 600 dollar ps3 is the only reason they had a chance and being on a level playing field next gen is going to cost MS a lot of ground, they need exclusive. Exclusive DLC isn't going to cut it and neater is paying to play online. Those days are done.

Sony is no where near doomed, get over your hate.

the bolded part is where you are wrong.

Source that shows 3D hurts someone involved? Specifically Sony.

Move did sell 15 million units and counting so you're wrong. Unless you meant to highlight it being a flop... but then how would you know that? I'm pretty sure we determined flop as something that doesn't return profit. Even if you want to use it as the failure to meet expectations then it still isn't a flop considering most, like myself, expected it to be discountinued already due to low sales.

I don't know what games the vita has next year so I can't comment on it's support.

The Ps3 won't be the number one selling console this year? What will be then? Because that's news to me.

Microsoft didn't moneyhat exclusives? Is that a joke? We all know they did. Only part you can bold there is about speculation of next gen. And those days of 3rd party exclusives are gone and they didn't really help MS either

So I fixed your bolds

One thing-
1. Sony gaming division made the most money this quarter.
Sony-29m$
MS-19m$
Ninty-Loss
Check their quarterly briefings before predicting doom. Sorry folks, PS brand isn't dying. But it definitely weaker than it was in the ps2 era. Sony can win next gen by pricing ps4 not more than 350-400$.

KeptoKnight said:

The war is really MS vs Sony. They are the ones competing for the same market. Further down the line it will be Valve vs MS vs Sony.

Those who are "graphic" whores will most likely get Steambox. Steambox like others consoles starts slow but they should be building up momentum down the line.

Didn't valve say they were releasing a low end gaming PC specs? Why would graphic whores want that?

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
KeptoKnight said:

Didn't valve say they were releasing a low end gaming PC specs? Why would graphic whores want that?

They will. I suspect they will top it over the other two consoles.

Steam also has software sales thats too good to ignore.

KeptoKnight said:

The Steambox will find a profitable niche but is likely to sell very poorly by console standards ... For PC developers to map their input to a standard controller and get access to a 10 million person userbase will be worthwhile, but I wouldn't expect much in the way of dedicated development.

Whether you want to admit it or not, Nintendo is in direct competition with Sony and Microsoft. If you look at console purchases as a household purchase rather than an individual purchase, Sony and Microsoft have to prove their value to the whole household to be purchased instead of the Wii U or they have to prove their value in addition to the Wii U to be purchased along side the Wii U; depending on the dynamics of the household this may be an easy or impossible challenge. For example, a house with 2 children under 10 is far more likely to buy a Wii U for the kids and have the father pick up any "core" games they want for that system, while a family with 2 teenage boys is far more likely to pick up a XBox or Playstation.

HappySqurriel said:
KeptoKnight said:

The Steambox will find a profitable niche but is likely to sell very poorly by console standards ... For PC developers to map their input to a standard controller and get access to a 10 million person userbase will be worthwhile, but I wouldn't expect much in the way of dedicated development.

Whether you want to admit it or not, Nintendo is in direct competition with Sony and Microsoft. If you look at console purchases as a household purchase rather than an individual purchase, Sony and Microsoft have to prove their value to the whole household to be purchased instead of the Wii U or they have to prove their value in addition to the Wii U to be purchased along side the Wii U; depending on the dynamics of the household this may be an easy or impossible challenge. For example, a house with 2 children under 10 is far more likely to buy a Wii U for the kids and have the father pick up any "core" games they want for that system, while a family with 2 teenage boys is far more likely to pick up a XBox or Playstation.

We do not know what MS and Sony has in store yet. I still stick with what Iwata / films stated along with their context.

ps4 will not be 600 and a year late,and they got the best 1st party imo,they will be just fine just like the last 3 years steam-rolling in overall sales..i expect 720 in last place again just behind the wiiu when its all done

Grain of salt indeed. I saw the headline and thought 'well this'll be interesting' and it wasn't. Sounded like someone here on these forums instead of someone in the know.

We don't know near enough about Project Orbis to know if it will fail or not. Far too many factors involved and far too much unknown about it, it's MS competition, it's software or how the fickle public and the economy will respond to it. The only thing we do know that could lead to it's failure is Sony's precarious financial situation.

IMO, nothing to see here but a great traffic generating headline/story by Kotaku for a day when fanboys are at home chomping at the bit for some non-family, non-gameplaying action. :