By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 2013 – PS Vita’s Last Hope

Jay520 said:
the_dengle said:
This time next year: "2014 – PS Vita's absolutely final hope"

so you believe the Vita will live to this time next year?

Sony will do whatever is necessary to ensure the Vita lives through next year. Assuming it is alive now, which it seems to be if Black Friday sales are any indication.

Around the Network
Theendgame27 said:

Vita will pull through just like the psp and the ps3 did. Sony just needs to give her a bit more support. They just need to advertise a bit more, cut the price by about 60$, lower the price of16gb and 32gb memory cards , and dish out some more games for her.

I got a hunch that Sony is cooking an onslaught  of Vita awesomeness for E3 2013.

That is unlikely because they need to cook an onslaught of PS4 for E3 2013.

Who knows... maybe Capcom decides to bury the hatchet and bring out MH4 on the Vita after the 3DS version comes out.

it's the ps3 all over again... after psp sold 70M+ units, i can't see the vita sell less than 40M, which should be a success when they're getting profits with every unit sold.

It'll be fine, it's amazing how much you care about a console that won't die anytime soon.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

This Vita doom is getting about as annoying as the 3DS doom was, but yes, I agree, if it hasn't saved itself by the end of 2013, it's never going to happen.

As for the whole "the end of the year has no Vita games", that is meaningless at this stage.

Basically, I see three musts for the Vita going forward;

1. Wider business model

The Vita is to limited. iOS, android, and even 3DS offer a wider range of products to suit users needs. In it's current form, Vita is basically a hardcore handheld gamers device exclusively. Sony needs to open this up to more casual gamers. A phone and larger tablet form factors alone would help sales immensely. This would put it in situations were people are already going to use the device regardless of whether they are playing games. In the pocet as a phone, and at bedside to browse the web as a tablet.

2. Better connectivity

Currently, I can grab any andoid phone on the market and have better connectivity between it and my SONY devices. That is unacceptable. I can even transfer content to my PC wirelessly, but not to my PS3. Vita should be almost completely integrated into the PS3. Hopefully they are just waiting and using man power to do this with PS4. The fact of the matter though, is, I should be able to control my PS home device with my Vita just as well as the controller, if not better due to the touch screen.

3. Must have games

Vita needs games, and it needs good games. It also needs ports. If vita is supposed to be a home console on the go, I should be able to pick my PS3 games were I left off. Sure it is not capable of the same quality, but it is good enough for the road. It also needs its own smaller yet high quality pick up an plays.

Sony has a lot of work to do if they want the Vita to be a success. I don't see any chance of it doing PSP sales unless they address the issues, above. If they don't getting pointing in that direction though, I they will completely loose the portable device market.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
Nem said:
Theendgame27 said:

Vita will pull through just like the psp and the ps3 did. Sony just needs to give her a bit more support. They just need to advertise a bit more, cut the price by about 60$, lower the price of16gb and 32gb memory cards , and dish out some more games for her.

I got a hunch that Sony is cooking an onslaught  of Vita awesomeness for E3 2013.

That is unlikely because they need to cook an onslaught of PS4 for E3 2013.

Who knows... maybe Capcom decides to bury the hatchet and bring out MH4 on the Vita after the 3DS version comes out.

I wouldn't bet on that MH4 part happening. I don't think capcom is a big supporter of the vita.

they need to get one of the big franchises in japan but how can the vita make it in the usa,seems like a long road even at a great price point

Above & Beyond

i hope the vita survives and has a good and healthy life. but hearing all these wiiu/3ds rumors about capcom games coming to those systems, it seems capcom will keep most of there games for those systems and give scraps to the vita. i think sony needs to get square-enix truly on board with the system and get away from all these damn ports for the vita, ports are ok during the early days of a systems life, but that time is drawing at a close for the vita. new and original games is what the system needs more than a price cut, even though that would help it out greatly.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

I think the demand is there, but the price doesn't appeal to most people.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

There is bioshock coming to vita but not next year though. Nothing can be given to nhilistic. Whoever wrote this article should know that nhilistic is going to change the company name and only going to make mobile/ios games. Call of Duty Declassified was there last vita game. I also have hope for Borderlands 2 going on vita.