By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How do you feel about Reggie´s performance as NoA president?

Scoobes said:
He was in the right place at the right time. I would say his performance has been pretty average as I don't think he's really changed or improved much. If he wasn't there, I doubt NoA would be doing any worse. On the flip side, I think others could have done a better job and potentially put them in better positions. He just seems to have gone through the motions passively rather then actively pushing products.

What other NOA president have you compared against? Also, as compared to the NOE and NoAustralia presidents, he seems to be the most actively marketing driven tbh.

Around the Network

Lackluster at best.

He is nothing but a yes man. Look at reggies response to porting last story over to the us. He doesnt care at all about the games.

F0X said:
The thing is, I'm not sure if anyone could de a significantly better job. Especially since I don't know the extent of his influence.

This, an example is trying to do something minor like modding a forum is a pain enough and not everyone will be happy, people will often complain but when you put them in the same position they realize it's not as black and white as it seems from below.

Like many already said I don't think he's in charge of many things, Iwata is probably controlling the "real" decisions in NOA over the seas...he's watching us all...

Anyway, imo he serves more as a PR guy more than an actual president, and he's done a decent job in doing so.

Nintendo and PC gamer

happydolphin said:
I like some of the initiatives he makes in America, like the Nintendo Show 3D, the upcoming TVii app, the aggressive marketing by NOA since the age of the DS/Wii, the improved 3rd party relations with American devs/publishers. It's all pointing to Reggie doing good work. Also, his presentation skills which I found corny are getting much better lately (WiiU presentation had a much better mood and felt less like sales pitches). The digital store needs much improvement to rival microsoft's, but the e-shop is a big step in the right direction. NOA will have much to show on WiiU, we'll be able to judge much better when it releases.

However, the localization effort needs much more work.

You make good points. I had forgotten about TVii, when i totally shouldn't have, and that is US exclusive

TV <3

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

i think he is doing a great job generally... but i think he should be more aggressive with the games for 3ds.... seems like the US don't get much games vs the japanese counterpart

He's a nice guy, has presence, and with a few exceptions, brought almost all Nintendo games to the US, and so far this gen, he brought all games, no exceptions for the 3DS - (does anyone here care for Encyclopedia of Flora and Fauna or that kind of exception?)

That said, he could aid more third parties, publishing their games. That's my main quirk with NoA, and I don't even know if it's them who should receive the blame.

I can't say what he's done because it's not provided to us his accomplishments, or really full accomplishments.  He's president of NOA, I'm sure he's had to implement things on his own and not just a yes man.

I will bring up his presentations.  Out of the 3 presidents of the big 3 companies, he's the most fun to watch.  The other two seem to be all about business and a catalyst towards the next item up for presentation.  Reggie does this, along with a quirk, something he does solely that the other two don't.  I don't know if it's because his face is just right for Nintendo(he has a goofy face, admit it), or if he's channeling charisma from the 3 stooges(I mean this to be a compliment).  He's one of those guys who stand out, if you let him speak that is.

He's a good public speaker, but that's as much as I know.

He's doing alright, but lately he's been less of the "kick-ass, take names" Reggie that everyone fell in love with back in '05-'06, and more "robotic PR spin mode all the time" Reggie. That's the one thing that's really bugged alot of Nintendo fans about him over the past few years with his transformation in personality.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.