Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: The PS Vita will sell under 20m units

The Vita is doing better than the Wii U!
VGChartz are undertracking the Vita and they didn't post the TV sales.

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
Bookmarked for future humiliation.

Ouch... :P

2020 predictions: NSW 25m, PS5 6m, XSX 4.5m, PS4 9m, XB1 3m

In December 2019 i predicted 21m Switch, but that was before COVID, obvius increased my predictions.

Another excellent prediction brought to you by Man-bear-pig. People overestimated the Vita by crazy amounts

Proud to be a Californian.

Given the entry price relative to the 3DS, it should have done better, but... Nintendo made the right decision in chopping $80 off the MSRP in response to make the competition a price/value comparison in which the 3DS was the better value.

Not enough software on the PSV to justify the price and the PS4 compatibility was a little too late to help it and the rest is history.

greenmedic88 said:
Given the entry price relative to the 3DS, it should have done better, but... Nintendo made the right decision in chopping $80 off the MSRP in response to make the competition a price/value comparison in which the 3DS was the better value.

Not enough software on the PSV to justify the price and the PS4 compatibility was a little too late to help it and the rest is history.

It wasn't in response. That's just your excuse to explain its failure.

Around the Network

I hope Sony makes a pricecut for the Vita, or at the very least, make better bundles, I have seen very poor choices with those.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Been a long time since I updated this. Nearly 3 years D:

Anyway, current sales: 13.9m. 6.1m to go

Meh, had your prediction had been in September 2011 I'd be more impressed but by September 2012 we already knew it wasnt going to sell a lot.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

You have to make a NX prediction threads!!!

Angelv577 said:
You have to make a NX prediction threads!!!

Fuck yes, do it!

2020 predictions: NSW 25m, PS5 6m, XSX 4.5m, PS4 9m, XB1 3m

In December 2019 i predicted 21m Switch, but that was before COVID, obvius increased my predictions.