By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U won’t make Achievements Mandatory for all games.

leatherhat said:
Too bad. Achievements are fun as fuck.

You do know that they can still be implemented, right?

Around the Network

This isn't a surprise.
Nintendo is building a game-based online system. So the thought that achievements are also game-based, makes perfect sense.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

While achievements aren't mandatory it shouldn't be that hard to implement a system for adding all achievements into one score. It's not important for me personally but a lot of people cares about it and it's such a simple thing to do. Not that we know for sure that such a system isn't already planned but I doubt it is.

Wow, that is disappointing. Trophies really up the replay value of games I have.

It will have "trophies"...

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
opportunity missed, simple as that

This, for people who don't care about them , no change, but for people who do care...downer.

Well it's a downer only for people who care about the aggregate score i.e. Gamerscore (XBL) / Level(PSN). I personally like trophies but I haven't checked my Level in months, I only care about the percentage of trophies I have for a particular game.

Signature goes here!

BenVTrigger said:
Well I will no longer be buying one for a while. Wait until its cheaper. Its honestly a deal breaker for me

This. My interest in getting one at some point down the line just diminished

It's amazing how many "No achievements?!! How disappointing..." comments there are in this thread. I thought the ability to read was quite common in the world...

OT:
This is the way it should be. No ridiculous achievements that congratulate you on "launching the game" just so the maximum achievable score for the game reaches 1000 points. Instead it will allow dev's to award you for real achievements.

Does no one get that Achievements can and will still be implemented in some games...

NintendoPie said:
leatherhat said:
Too bad. Achievements are fun as fuck.

You do know that they can still be implemented, right?

But it won't have a universal system like xbox/ps3. And it sounds stupid but whatching you trophy level or whatever rise is really fun. And getting a particularly tough or rare achievement feels awesome.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype