By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter: Nintendo “just doesn’t get it” with the Wii U

phenom08 said:

None of that makes sense, how is the WiiU an antithesis? Its backwards compatible with Wii and comes with one WiiU Gamepad. You make it sound as if Wii remotes were abandoned. According to you the Classic Controller should have harmed the Wii since its dual analog. Also please explain how is it catering to the core market? By having 3rd party support lol. Emulating what others are doing and then you use Apple as an example wow fail lol.

@bold. Nintendo is actively seeking out the support of core 3rd party IPs to showcase their system. So yes it's more core, and that's not counting their core 1st party IPs in the works.

All the rest I agree with.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
phenom08 said:

None of that makes sense, how is the WiiU an antithesis? Its backwards compatible with Wii and comes with one WiiU Gamepad. You make it sound as if Wii remotes were abandoned. According to you the Classic Controller should have harmed the Wii since its dual analog. Also please explain how is it catering to the core market? By having 3rd party support lol. Emulating what others are doing and then you use Apple as an example wow fail lol.

@bold. Nintendo is actively seeking out the support of core 3rd party IPs to showcase their system. So yes it's more core, and that's not counting their core 1st party IPs in the works.

Its more core by gathering 3rd party support. FAIL. Thats the stupidist thing i have ever heard. So what they should have done was just say screw the 3rd parties right? So what makes the 360 and PS3 core is their 3rd party support and not the core games Microsoft and Sony create? What core 1st party games do they have in the works since you clearly know?

How is the Wii U for the hardcore? all I see is Wii fit U, Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros. U and Pikmin 3. It looks like a home version of the Nintendo DS to me.

and gamers still do exactly what pachter wants, they all open threads about him...only if you guys would all just stop quoting him all the time we would see a “change“ and wouldn't hear about this “insert word“ anymore

sensebringer said:
How is the Wii U for the hardcore? all I see is Wii fit U, Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros. U and Pikmin 3. It looks like a home version of the Nintendo DS to me.

Its not for the core or atleast its not directly targeting them. It is essentially targeting all types of gamers which includes the core. It is also targeting the tablet/smartphone gamers. Its definitely targeting more people, we havent exactly seen what new Wii__ games Ninty is creating. Remember the Vitality sensor i honestly think we will see what it has become for the WiiU. Its actually better suited for the WiiU since it has a portable monitor. Anyways HD gamers are the ones that are always saying how can this get me to drop my current platform when they arent even targeting them yet, if they were we wouldnt see nothing but games that have already been released for their platforms. This hate comes from them wanting Ninty to admit the Wii was a mistake so they can feel better at night. The problem is their favorite console makers have already admitted to mistakes with their current platforms by copying the Wiis casual appeal, so in the end it doesnt matter if Ninty is targeting the core, since the others are targeting the casual all of a sudden.

Around the Network

I bet this guy isn't even an analyst but an undercovered lobbying puppet sponsored by Microsoft to spin the media. His opinions only reflect his bigotry just like a politician. He believes nintendo has a lack of understanding todays market but it's only his lack of understanding of the Japanese market and culture it sounds like to me. He Sounds like a jealous dick

Soundwave said:

I think Wii U will do well over the holidays (even the GameCube did fairly well during holiday seasons), but like the 3DS will struggle in the non-holiday months (sans Japan).

Pachter is being harsh, but I wouldn't really be surprised if Nintendo's market shrinks to this during this gen:

Wii U: 45-50 million (down from approx 100 million Wii)
3DS: 80 million (down from 150 million DS)

Still a sizable market, but I think they're going to take hits as 3DS/Wii U will not be the same type of hit with casual gamers now that everyone is making casual games (the "new"/"trendy" factor behind it is shrinking). 

I dont understand how you can say that about the 3DS... If it only sells 80m (worse than Gameboy Advance in ~4 years of life) that means 2011 was its peak year! It will nab 95m-100m at least...

Wii U? There is no way it will sell worse than the PS3 did this gen by more than 15m units like that. First off the market has expanded too far to contract like this. By the end of gen there will be around 250m consoles sold; if Nintendo loses 50m the other two manufacturers have to gain at least 75% of that.

Second, Wii's software will see sequels. That means Mario Kart and Smash will return, in addition to NSMBU and all the other games yet to be seen. The first 3 I mentioned have the potential for at least 40 million pieces of software already.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

phenom08 said:
happydolphin said:
phenom08 said:

Its more core by gathering 3rd party support. FAIL. Thats the stupidist thing i have ever heard. So what they should have done was just say screw the 3rd parties right? So what makes the 360 and PS3 core is their 3rd party support and not the core games Microsoft and Sony create? What core 1st party games do they have in the works since you clearly know?

Sorry, you lost me... Remember the PS2?  Yeah.

theARTIST0017 said:
I didn't bother to read. Someone summarize it for me please? Thank you!

Ok.  Pachter is a clueless, Nintendo-hating troll who attributes them proving him wrong time and time again to "being lucky". 

You're welcome.  

happydolphin said:
phenom08 said:
happydolphin said:
phenom08 said:

Sorry, you lost me... Remember the PS2?  Yeah.

What? Fail again lol. What does the PS2 have to do with this? How is the PS2 even relevant here?