By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ‘You’ve made your choice’: Man shares dad’s brutal letter disowning him for being gay

Jay520 said:
Runa216 said:

Why are things like this allowed? Perhaps a better question is why would a person want to post this?

It isn't.   Just didn't get a chance to put a moderation note there yesterday, because I forgot to do it before the ban... and then the ban erased the posts.

Around the Network

"It isn't. Just didn't get a chance to put a moderation note there yesterday, because I forgot to do it before the ban... and then the ban erased the posts."

Well isn't that convenient, one of the sites writers just so happens to get away with it, yet I get banned because of a post someone else had made. What great modding.

Frozone said:
"It isn't. Just didn't get a chance to put a moderation note there yesterday, because I forgot to do it before the ban... and then the ban erased the posts."

Well isn't that convenient, one of the sites writers just so happens to get away with it, yet I get banned because of a post someone else had made. What great modding.

i believe he was banned for it already. thats why he couldn't put a note in it had been moderated. when banned users post do not show up with text.

Frozone said:

"You raise an interesting poi nt. About 15 years ago I saw this TV program that studied gay behaviour and gay parents. Please don't ask me to reference it as I do not remember what it was.

What it discovered (assuming it wasn't altered results) is that 8/10 gay couples who adopted children ended up with a child who turned out to be gay when they become older.

Now was this genetics or simply influence like in a straight family where children learn that straight is the norm in their house hold? also jsut like racists a taught to be racist and not born racist."

It would be influence, if a child were to grow up in a gay household surrounded by gay men it would only be a normal way of life for him, it would be all he would know for the most part so obviously the odds of him ending up gay is gonna be higher than a person from a normal family.

I don't think genetics are a huge part in it really, people are just attracted to different kinds of people, some like blondes some like red heads, some like asians and some just like men, it's just a matter of taste.

I think people that have noticed they are attracted to the same sex should at least try and fight it, they definitley shouldnt be encouraged, being gay is not something to be proud of, life isnt created from it and it just spreads disease. They do themselves no favours by being so obviously gay thats why theres most of the hate for them..

It's one thing to like men but theres no need to put on the silly voice, where the silly clothes and have the exaggerated female mannerisms, they're still men.

-post moderated by amp316-

Yeah, me banning you for posting this was out of line...

Don't push it, Frozone.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

"Yeah, me banning you for posting this was out of line..."

No it wasn't out of line it was just idiotic, you said you banned me for saying this "that 8/10 gay couples who adopted children ended up with a child who turned out to be gay when they become older."

When I wasn't the one who said it, I was quoting someone else that said it hence the " marks. Pay attention next time.

-moderated by amp316-

This refers also to the post above since this guy doesn't use the quote button.

Around the Network
Frozone said:
"Yeah, me banning you for posting this was out of line..."

No it wasn't out of line it was just idiotic, you said you banned me for saying this "that 8/10 gay couples who adopted children ended up with a child who turned out to be gay when they become older."

When I wasn't the one who said it, I was quoting someone else that said it hence the " marks. Pay attention next time.

yeah...but you're still an ignorant bigot.  whether you 'earned' that ban or not is irrelevant, the world is still better off without you.  

Please do go away, mr homophobe. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

A very difficult situation. Being a father I can understand the pain the son has inflicted by never giving his father any grandchildren and carrying on his family line. This can be very painful for a father. Also, the son should have realized that there was a good chance his father would react like this. Distributing his personal family matters on the internet shows that the son is very self-=centered, using a personal family issue to support a cause. If he wants a relationship with his father, and it seems that he doesn't really care about his father's wishers, he should have stayed in the closet. What would his father do if he decided to become a priest? This approach has worked forever.

TheProphet said:
A very difficult situation. Being a father I can understand the pain the son has inflicted by never giving his father any grandchildren and carrying on his family line. This can be very painful for a father. Also, the son should have realized that there was a good chance his father would react like this. Distributing his personal family matters on the internet shows that the son is very self-=centered, using a personal family issue to support a cause. If he wants a relationship with his father, and it seems that he doesn't really care about his father's wishers, he should have stayed in the closet. What would his father do if he decided to become a priest? This approach has worked forever.

Wow, so let me get this straight, if you're not 'normal' or otherwise happily vanilla in every aspect of your life, you should keep it to yourself and pretend otherwise just to please those around you? 

Hells yeah, that's the very path to unhappiness, misery, and mental/emotional scarring.  good for you, you're intolerant! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

TheProphet said:

The way I see it, the father had a better chance of having grandchildren (through adoption) if he kept seeing his son than if he cut him out of his life. The fact that the son decided to post that letter for the all the world to see just shows how deeply scarred he was by his father's rejection.

I'm not sure I get the rest of your post though, are you suggesting the son should have stayed in the closet all his life just so he could have a relationship with his father? That's basically asking him to live a lie for the rest of life just because the father is too stupid to realize that being gay doesn't change the person he knew his son to be.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
TheProphet said:

The way I see it, the father had a better chance of having grandchildren (through adoption) if he kept seeing his son than if he cut him out of his life. The fact that the son decided to post that letter for the all the world to see just shows how deeply scarred he was by his father's rejection.

I'm not sure I get the rest of your post though, are you suggesting the son should have stayed in the closet all his life just so he could have a relationship with his father? That's basically asking him to live a lie for the rest of life just because the father is too stupid to realize that being gay doesn't change the person he knew his son to be.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX