By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ‘You’ve made your choice’: Man shares dad’s brutal letter disowning him for being gay

Cobretti2 said:

I would be dissapointed if my son chose not to continue the bloodline, wether he chose to remain a virgin or gay.

You raise an interesting poi nt. About 15 years ago I saw this TV program that studied gay behaviour and gay parents. Please don't ask me to reference it as I do not remember what it was.

What it discovered (assuming it wasn't altered results) is that 8/10 gay couples who adopted children ended up with a child who turned out to be gay when they become older.

Now was this genetics or simply influence like in a straight family where children learn that straight is the norm in their house hold? also jsut like racists a taught to be racist and not born racist.

MY VIEW: modern research shows that being gay is a genetic thing. I do agree with this, however even after so many years of seeing that progam, it still makes me wonder if some percentage of gay people have actually been influenced into being gay, as 8/10 gay couples  is a pretty high probablity of getting a genetically gay baby.

what do others think?

Please show a link to the show, because ALL the other scientific literature I have reviewed shows the opposite.

That having two Dads or two Moms show a negligible chance that their child will be gay. 

In addition most kids I know raise by same sex parents are strait.

It sounds invented for a target audience .  Like that fake ‘historian’ that is trying to ruin PBS or something Pat Robinson would make up.  Robinson said, “9/11 was caused by People for the American Way” and other such data errors.

OR Do you really think being gay is contagious?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
sc94597 said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
i don't get gay hate.. i mean i have a few gay mates and it doesn't bother me because why would it? its disturbes me when i see things like this because i have to think.. why does this guys dad care so much on where his sons dick goes?

Many people believe in the traditional family unit. It isn't about disturbance, at least not most of the time. Parents want the best for their kids, and sometimes it's easier to just give up on them rather than try to work around the percieved fault, although this is not as morally sound for most individuals, it is by far easier emotionally and effortly

Is it really though? The guy's effectively killed off his son in his mind. Maybe it takes less effort, but emotionally I think it's a mixed bag, whether he realises it yet or not. Personally, I'd use the word cowardly rather than easier.

Afterall, it's definitely not easier for his son on an emotional level.

It's easier for the parent emotionally. Rather than see something he doesn't agree with, and working to agree with it, it is just easier to forget about one's son, and from the matter of the letter it seems like the father put much contemplation into it. I'd think that once somebody is older, they lose the will to fight for something they believe in, and sometimes its just easier to give up and let things run their course, and if you dislike it, you distance yourself. It depends on the person I'd think, to be honest. 

Player1x3 said:
Nem said:
Player1x3 said:

So...much...fail...in one post...this post gave me cancer

If you have any arguments, bring them forth. My post is supported by science and logic, where is yours?

Also, best get that cancer treated because no god or afterlife is gonna help you with that.

How the FUCK is your post supported by science, let alone logic ??? And im not gonna bring any arguments, because this discussion would be highly off topic. I just felt some urge to express my opinion on that clusterfuck of a post. Don't feel like you should reply to me

I'm sad to see this is all you got. I am really not interested on wether you think my post is good or bad, i'm interested in the reasons. You give none, therefore you got no case. The forum isnt a place where you put out your frustrations. If you dont have a case, dont bother replying to my post, otherwise its just trolling is it not?

Seriously this is how disappointment sounds. I dont read HATE in there. He even wishes his son a good life etc.

But on the other hand posting this private letter so the whole world can see it is just personal revenge and is idiotic and childish. Whats the purpose other than showing the world how STUPID his father was? Just because a father disowned his son its not okay to act as stupid as the father did.

I mean the SON wants to change the father so the father lives a more open lifestyle and accepts the gay son and the father wants to change the son so the son is more "normal".

They are even. There is no point in changing people go and find friends etc that accept you the way you are and stop constantly whining about how hard something is and stop trying to shape the world as you want it to be.
The longer someone lives a certain lifestyle the harder it is to change it so the son should know that this could have happened. The father on the other hand was also blind and thought he could fix the mistake his "young" "stupid" son did.

Agree or disagree as much as you want but for me the son is an uber idiot no matter what his father did or didn't do.

its always easy to talk shit but experiencing stuff is different. I have a really bad relationship with my father. Who cares?  Im a seperate person he is a seperate person. There is no chain  keeping me from living my own life. Sure its not easy and its not fair to have a bad father but thats life. Other people have worse problems  like starving etc. We are just whining because we dont have the PERFECT LIFE as seen on some tv shows or commercials or whatever.

This thread is getting worse and worse.

Around the Network

I find it beyond sad that any parent would take such actions against their own flesh and blood. Being abandoned by your parent for something that you have no control over, for merely being who you are.
It's messed up beyond belief that nothing would have changed between the man and his father had he chosen to live a life full of lies instead.

Zappykins said:
Cobretti2 said:

I would be dissapointed if my son chose not to continue the bloodline, wether he chose to remain a virgin or gay.

You raise an interesting poi nt. About 15 years ago I saw this TV program that studied gay behaviour and gay parents. Please don't ask me to reference it as I do not remember what it was.

What it discovered (assuming it wasn't altered results) is that 8/10 gay couples who adopted children ended up with a child who turned out to be gay when they become older.

Now was this genetics or simply influence like in a straight family where children learn that straight is the norm in their house hold? also jsut like racists a taught to be racist and not born racist.

MY VIEW: modern research shows that being gay is a genetic thing. I do agree with this, however even after so many years of seeing that progam, it still makes me wonder if some percentage of gay people have actually been influenced into being gay, as 8/10 gay couples  is a pretty high probablity of getting a genetically gay baby.

what do others think?

Please show a link to the show, because ALL the other scientific literature I have reviewed shows the opposite.

That having two Dads or two Moms show a negligible chance that their child will be gay. 

In addition most kids I know raise by same sex parents are strait.

It sounds invented for a target audience .  Like that fake ‘historian’ that is trying to ruin PBS or something Pat Robinson would make up.  Robinson said, “9/11 was caused by People for the American Way” and other such data errors.

OR Do you really think being gay is contagious?

As i said this was about 15 years ago so have no clue what it was exactly, and as i said i questioned how accurate it was. I also did state tha I believe it is genetic.

also contagious? when did i say that? do you know what influenced means? I gave examples. Kids learn from their parents, which infulences how you will turn out as an adult.

i.e if your father never respected women, chances are you won't either. that becomes a norm for you.

all i asked was people's view on,  if it was possible for some children growing up in a gay environment to think that that is the normal.

That is plain sad, through and through. I'm amazed that people still think harbor bronze age tolerance for their peers and loved one's due to ancient texts.

Player1x3 said:

It was just a hypothesis to shows that their inability to reproduce could have them go extinct. Of course i don't think anything like that would happen.. and you're using a lizard to show me a human homosexual society could strive?

You put a homosexual society against a heterosexual society. That's not the point. A society/ecosystem mixed with homesexuals and heterosexuals is the natural way and it is obviously evolutionary superior to the exclusive societies, because mixed societies/ecosystem are what happens to stay in the evolution as we can observe in the nature.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Player1x3 said:
Pimp3k said:
Player1x3 said:

Atheism? No. Anti-theism (fundemental form of atheism)? Absolutely

Atheism and Antitheism are two different things. And no Antitheism is not a fundamental form of Atheism. One is rejection of beliefe in God or Gods, and other is active opposition to theism. So simply put some Atheists are Antitheists as well. But Atheism and Antitheism aren't synonymes.

You can't have Anti-theism without atheism :)

No, you're wrong. You can have Anti-theism without atheism but not without theism.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]