By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U costs 400€ - coming to Europe 21st December... says Amazon

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B004ZKI7EM

Bit late for decent holiday sales huh ?

Around the Network

Late and expensive if true, it won't sell much.

Probably not true though, I doubt Nintendo would do that. It's probably a place holder, so they went for the highest possible price at the latest possible day.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Not only is that really late in the year but that price tag is really high.

Nintendo can kiss goodbye the casuals that like mass market prices with easy to control games.

Sure core gamers dont mind, but your not gonna see Wii sales from this.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Amazon clearly states that they do not know the price and release date of the console, so they're going with the worst case for now.

Pre-Order price guarantee would screw Amazon if they enlisted the console for 249 and Nintendo would later set the price to 299 or even 349. So yeah, rocket science in motion I guess.

I already pre ordered mine with AC3 as Launch game, gotta support 3rd party this time.

Edit: This is what the site says:

Important information concerning the Wii U

Please note that, at this point in time, Nintendo has not set the price. yada yada price can sink and pre order price guarantee applies. We only know that the console will launch before christmas (21. 12. last friday before christmas, worst case).

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

That's too expensive, don't see it happening. And I think it'll release earlier as well

Around the Network

No way. Amazon have no clue.

They said it would cost #199 (that's 199 UK Pounds, the button's broken) and would launch in July a couple weeks ago. They're as clueless as anyone else. They're merely putting out the worst-case scenario; i.e. the latest possible, and the most expensive possible.

Expect #200-#250, or $219-$289.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Translated text showing it is a placeholder (meaning price is probably high and date is probably late):

Important Notes for U Wii
Please note that Nintendo has not yet provided retail price and the price may drop even more. You always benefit from our Pre-order Price Guarantee: Get the best price available between the time of your order and the release of the console. According to recent information, the console will be released before Christmas.

(Also note that the price included the VAT -- so that may or may not be a meaningful factor.

Mike from Moragntown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

has to be a placeholder, someone mistyped Dec 31st...

but awesome if (it were) true!

kitler53 said:
has to be a placeholder, someone mistyped Dec 31st...

but awesome if (it were) true!

Having an incrediblyexpensive console arriving incredibly lat is awesome...why?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

writing news from golem.de to vgchartz? :) as said it is almost probably a "placeholder".