By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can Americans Not Handle The Sight of Their Ancestors Being Killed in Assassin’s Creed?

This article is utter trash like the rest of Kotaku. Honestly it has become one of the biggest jokes in media as far as im concerned. They are always posting stuff like this to sound edgy but they just sound stupid and like their trying to make controversy about NOTHING.

Its a fucking video game people who cares who your killing.

Around the Network

@ SecondWar

If i could promote this comment i whole heartedly would. Like u said theyre pixels. People have become far too politically correct about entertainment and stuff. Its part of the absolute pussy society that exists in modern times. Honestly if you have time to sit around and bitch about who your fighting in video games then timebto man up and do something productive with your life

pezus said:
chocoloco said:

I like the use of the Bush mask in Game of thrones it is a shame to see it removed.

Also, this article is annoying why the hell would most people care from America? If this was not inspired by some article I would call it a fantastical farce. The media beg to make things out of nothing to spin a story. Complete dramatization of the apathy most people will feel.

What article inspired this one? :o

It should say thread was inspired by the article. It is a complete bullshit generalization of Americans that Euros tend to do so much of on here.

pezus said:
chocoloco said:
pezus said:
chocoloco said:

I like the use of the Bush mask in Game of thrones it is a shame to see it removed.

Also, this article is annoying why the hell would most people care from America? If this was not inspired by some article I would call it a fantastical farce. The media beg to make things out of nothing to spin a story. Complete dramatization of the apathy most people will feel.

What article inspired this one? :o

It should say thread was inspired by the article. It is a complete bullshit generalization of Americans that Euros tend to do so much of on here.

No, no, the thread wasn't inspired by it, the thread is the article. And the author is American

Yeah so I am saying if the article was not written by the desperate American media to make a story out of nothing this idea would not occur to most Americans, hence why I say they would feel nothing but apathy.

pezus said:
Yes, if the likeness caused this much controversy, how much would killing George W. Bush cause? I'm not saying Americans in general can't handle seeing important Americans be killed, I'm saying the media can't. There has to be a reason for them not showing any American murders in AC3 yet. I don't buy the "twist" argument, because by saying there's a twist he revealed it ( that you'll be going from killing Brits to killing 'Mericans) so why not show it now?

Yeah, basically I think you would get some in the far-Right media (Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly) that would frame this as an Anti-American game made by a French company.  Even as someone who skews right of middle, this would piss me off.  If this game is framed around the Revolutionary War, then you know there are going to be kills of both sides, it only makes sense.  Infact, even if Connor started out killing only Brits, having a twist where you need to go after some corrupt Rebel would make the game much more entertaining.  A straight up 'MERKUHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! game would be funny, but I doubt it would have the depth or entertainment value of the previous entries.  

I see Ubi just trying to avoid shitty American Publicity as the Revolutionary War means a whole shit load more to us than to the UK.  

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
This article is utter trash like the rest of Kotaku. Honestly it has become one of the biggest jokes in media as far as im concerned. They are always posting stuff like this to sound edgy but they just sound stupid and like their trying to make controversy about NOTHING.

Its a fucking video game people who cares who your killing.

This I can kind of see. I mean, what if there were a videogame where you played the invasion of Normandy.... from the perspective of a German machine gunner, mowing down intrepid Allied soldiers as they come ashore. I'm not the kind of person who is overly inclined to "rah rah team America" mentality myself, but even that seems a little unsettling

Though i agree the article is likely premature. At some point during ACIII, you'll have to kill a Patriot, i'm sure, just that Ubisoft is wisely downplaying it so they don't get Fox News coverage about "foreign-made games turning Americans into traitors" or something like that.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

You know people are idiots when they start nitpicking stuff from a video GAME.

Don't think that many would care, unless the game made the British look like the good guys or something.

well then again until the end of the war they were all (mostly) brits whether they like it or not..... so you don't have any americans per say in the game

of course america can handle it. it's the news media that blows stuff out of proportion.

besides, 1 or 2/3 of people in america were undecided or not in favor of the revolution to begin with.