By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Max Payne 3 – PC version features ‘four times higher’ quality textures than its console counterpart

pezus said:

That is what a straight port means...But the other point still stands, no improvements in textures and other effects would not make it one of the best looking PC games.

Ad hominem. You see good points in what you agree with, and I rarely if ever agree with you...understandably.

I'll repeat to you what I said to someone else. When I read Resident Evil 4 for the 360 was a straight port, I didn't feel a need to correct the reviewers about smoother frame rates or the HD resolution. Why would I? Its a given.

No, i still think it would rank pretty high in best looking PC games even untouched. PC gamers generally point at Crysis, Witcher 2, and BF3 for best looking PC games. Behind those it starts getting into games like Mafia 2, Batman, Assassin's Creed, etc.

Anyhow, I'm all argued out. Max Payne 3 looks amazing on consoles. it will be even more polished on the PC.

Go away, leave me be.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Almost tempted to skip the PS3 version and wait until I get a decent PC again. But I will stick to the PS3 version. No Trophy, no buy.

pezus said:
Mr Puggsly said:
pezus said:

That is what a straight port means...But the other point still stands, no improvements in textures and other effects would not make it one of the best looking PC games.

Ad hominem. You see good points in what you agree with, and I rarely if ever agree with you...understandably.

I'll repeat to you what I said to someone else. When I read Resident Evil 4 for the 360 was a straight port, I didn't feel a need to correct the reviewers about smoother frame rates or the HD resolution. Why would I? Its a given.

No, i still think it would rank pretty high in best looking PC games even untouched. PC gamers generally point at Crysis, Witcher 2, and BF3 for best looking PC games. Behind those it starts getting into games like Mafia 2, Batman, Assassin's Creed, etc.

Anyhow, I'm all argued out. Max Payne 3 looks amazing on consoles. it will be even more polished on the PC.

Go away, leave me be.

You are the intruder, so the thread is yours to leave. Why should I care that you didn't feel the need to correct reviewers? Most gaming journalists don't know jack shit about tech anyway.

Intruder? You should look up what that word means.

The reason I didn't feel a need to correct a reviewer is because I have common sense. I'm not going to be a jerk off and get technical on him. More importantlly he made it clear no significant changes were made.

As usual, you added nothing to a thread. Read my OP again. I was simply pointing out the game looks great on consoles, maybe even comparible to some of the better looking PC games. And I'm curious to see how it will look on the PC with the improvments. For some reason, your brain turned this into some sort of attack.

Seriously, step back from the computer, realize why this is ridiculous, and grow up.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

pezus said:
Slimebeast said:
Almost tempted to skip the PS3 version and wait until I get a decent PC again. But I will stick to the PS3 version. No Trophy, no buy.

It has achievements. For someone who despises linearity, you sure like the directed collectathon that trophies provide.

Haha, yes but this type of direction (the hunt for Trophies) encourages me to go out and experience many games I normally would have ignored.

pezus said:

Lol, you're such a character that it's unbelievable. I know full well what intruder means. I'm beginning to wonder if you are ever not serious. As usual, you do nothing but attack the person/user, instead of bringing up "good points". Seriously, go out, have some fun, and stop always being so goddamn condescending.

What does this have to do about me having fun? You call me serious, yet this started because you jumped on my ass for an opinion I shared. You haven't proved you're a barrel of laughs either.

You're a terrible at this arguing thing. Move on, its getting sad.

Recently Completed

Around the Network
pezus said:

I jumped on your "opinion" because you put it forward as a fact. And besides, opinions are to be disagreed with. I disagreed with it and pointed it out. I didn't "jump on your ass". It was you who started the name calling and bringing a genuinely shitty mood to this thread. And still you continue doing it.

Unlike you, I post more than attacks, negativity, and serious posts. You really should look into other threads if you don't see that.

Sure buddy.

You need to relax, go have some fun.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
pezus said:

Go away, leave me be.

bleh who would include Assassin's creed in the best looking PC games? despite having enhanced shadows, textures and AA options over consoles the games look like ass most of the time, nowhere near Batman Arkham City hell Arkham Asylum looks better than Assassin's Creed 2 even indie games like Hard Reset look better than the Assassin's Creed games. For open world you have games like Just Cause 2 that has higher draw distance and better lighting.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!