By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Max Payne 3 – PC version features ‘four times higher’ quality textures than its console counterpart

Well I have it on the PS3 and it looks very nice on that, bit of a shame that I didn't have more patience...

I will probably get it cheap on a steam sale, just to see how it looks. The thing I am most interested in is the 6 screen support, I won't actually be able to run it, but my friend might have a chance so if we combine all the screens, it might just be amazing (or just have a really slow frame rate...)

Around the Network
pezus said:
35 GB is a bit of an overkill for such a short game but meh, I have enough disk space anyway.

Yeah, because who doesn't have a terabyte (at least) of hard drive space?

If I get it, I'll be running it at high/max.

pezus said:
Snesboy said:
pezus said:
35 GB is a bit of an overkill for such a short game but meh, I have enough disk space anyway.

Yeah, because who doesn't have a terabyte (at least) of hard drive space?

If I get it, I'll be running it at high/max.

Indeedability. I have 5 terabytes at the moment but I need to buy more soon >_>.

It should run at max for me with close to 60FPS if it's not horribly optimized.

Why do you have 5TB!!!!!!

Also, the game has a campaign of over 10 hours, and very very high resolution textures, though as far as I can tell from the PS3 version, no (or at least very few) pre-rendered cut scenes, Max keeps his guns with him in them mostly. I think that is what explains the huge install size. The Xbox version is on 2 DVDs anyway and hopefully this huge size will mean great graphics

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Even if it was a straight port it would be one of the best looking games on the PC.

You gotta be kidding.

Are you actually saying that a straight port of a game running on 2005 hardware would be one of the best looking games on modern PCs? Really?

Yep.

Shows how little PC gaming has improved this gen. Thanks pirates!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

zarx said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Even if it was a straight port it would be one of the best looking games on the PC.

Curious to see how it will look in comparison.

If by one of the best you mean in the top hundred I guess

Mafia II looks just as good if not better plus is an open world game from 2010, Max Payne has better animation tho

Looking at screenshots only is so ridiculous. You need to see a game in action to really appreciate the visuals and attention to detail.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

Looking at screenshots only is so ridiculous. You need to see a game in action to really appreciate the visuals and attention to detail.

I have seen it in motion, while it looks good for a console game and the animations are great it's barely one of the best looking console games IMO let alone PC games.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You gotta be kidding.

Are you actually saying that a straight port of a game running on 2005 hardware would be one of the best looking games on modern PCs? Really?

Yep.

The advances definitely haven't been as dramatic as last generation, but come on, an up-to-date PC smokes PS360 in technical grunt. 5-year-old Crysis maxed out still beats anything on consoles, as do Crysis Warhead and The Witcher 2. Not to mention some of the graphics-enhancing mods available for PC games...

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You gotta be kidding.

Yep.

The advances definitely haven't been as dramatic as last generation, but come on, an up-to-date PC smokes PS360 in technical grunt. 5-year-old Crysis maxed out still beats anything on consoles, as do Crysis Warhead and The Witcher 2. Not to mention some of the graphics-enhancing mods available for PC games...

Okay, lets think for a moment.

I said a straight port of Max Payne 3 would be ONE OF THE best looking games on the PC. I didn't say the best, but amongst the best.

If you can only compare Max Payne 3 to the truly best looking games on PC... then I think that means a straight port of Max Payne 3 would still rank high in best looking PC games.

Hence, I win!

Recently Completed

zarx said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I have seen it in motion, while it looks good for a console game and the animations are great it's barely one of the best looking console games IMO let alone PC games.

I agree there are PC games that look better. I just don't think its a long list.

Which is why I said one of the best, as opposed to the best.

Recently Completed

pezus said:

Do you have a gaming PC? I doubt it, looking at your games collection. Not even Uncharted 3 would be among the best looking PC games as a straight port...

I don't need to own a gaming PC to see a gaming PC at work.

This isn't past gens when PC games looked like they were a generation ahead. The best looking PC games are often console games with more polish.

In the coming years PC games will look significantly better though. Because developers will be working with superior consoles.

Recently Completed