By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Still can’t play Diablo 3 (or why I hate PC gaming)

Sounds like a personal problem.

The two PCs i personally take care of and have full control over have installed absolutely any software and/or hardware (except for a TV Tuner from 2005, because there's no drivers for Win 7) that has come their way in the past 5 years. The previous PC I took care of personally, as you say about consoles, "just worked" for the 4 years before that.

tl;dr Take care of your PC better. PCs aren't jsut for everyone, maybe that's why some game communities are so much better on the PC (DOTA is exempt). It's a very nice filtering system, since the oens that can't operate a PC properly are just stuck whining, complaining, and harassing on consoles.

Edit: Now with more elitism.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
zgamer5 said:
you apparently havent heard of LoL more then 30 million players, almost as big as starcraft in korea, the biggest e sport game in europe and in North America and even though its free to play it brings in more profit then WoW.

I was unaware of that. Wow.

The only time i've had hardware problems on PC is directly because of consoles.

Like how Darksiders doesn't want to recognize any controller except for an XBox 360 one....

Really? I was just playing Darksiders last night (downloaded from Steam) and it works perfectly fine with my keyboard. That's a strange problem.

wfz said:
Kasz216 said:
zgamer5 said:
you apparently havent heard of LoL more then 30 million players, almost as big as starcraft in korea, the biggest e sport game in europe and in North America and even though its free to play it brings in more profit then WoW.

I was unaware of that. Wow.

The only time i've had hardware problems on PC is directly because of consoles.

Like how Darksiders doesn't want to recognize any controller except for an XBox 360 one....

Really? I was just playing Darksiders last night (downloaded from Steam) and it works perfectly fine with my keyboard. That's a strange problem.

It works with the Keyboard.

Just not my PS3 controller or any other PC compatable controller.

Same thing for Console gaming now?
With firmwire updates and the game and the console.
You can't play if you don't update, if the server is down your fucked as well.
Console gaming are getting more and more restrictive.

FUCK PC gaming! yeah! wooooo! hell yeah! consoles #1!!!

Around the Network

PC gaming is alive, well, and the king of everything. You just suck at computers.

pezus said:
oniyide said:
its stuff like this is why im afraid to jump into the PC gaming tank. Some people say its real easy, some others say its not. IMHO there are just too many variables, I shouldnt have to think to play a game. But i did just get this new PC and I do want to get into Steam, seems more stress free than buying the traditional disc

Why shouldn't you have to think? It's not like it takes a lot of thinking lol. No need to go Socrates on us. Steam is as easy as easy can be

when i say thinking, i meant having to go out your way to find a solution to a problem if your game isnt running, had a bad experience myself with FF7 getting it to run on my PC, never did get that thing working properly. THere was a long process to do so, so i said fuck it and hunted down a PS copy

Post your specs and we can fix your issue. Or install from a DVD. I can give you mine if you want.

pezus said:
oniyide said:
pezus said:
oniyide said:
its stuff like this is why im afraid to jump into the PC gaming tank. Some people say its real easy, some others say its not. IMHO there are just too many variables, I shouldnt have to think to play a game. But i did just get this new PC and I do want to get into Steam, seems more stress free than buying the traditional disc

Why shouldn't you have to think? It's not like it takes a lot of thinking lol. No need to go Socrates on us. Steam is as easy as easy can be

when i say thinking, i meant having to go out your way to find a solution to a problem if your game isnt running, had a bad experience myself with FF7 getting it to run on my PC, never did get that thing working properly. THere was a long process to do so, so i said fuck it and hunted down a PS copy

I think FFVII is generally regarded as a bad port. Not to mention it came out a loooong time ago.

I know, i still think it sucks certain games cant be played if they are too old. A PC is a PC and should run everything, but i know thats only in an ideal world

oniyide said:

hey why dont my ps2 games work with the ps3 slim or why do the nes games dont work on my snes ... damn consoles

but yeah I understand your pain ... getting old games work is sometimes a pain in the ...

You need to have good knowledge if something is not working and if not it can get very frustating. But usually I can get my games working, even the older ones.