By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It’s Mario Time! 5 Reasons Why Google Should Buy Nintendo

Tagged games:

If a company offered enough money would Nintendo sell themselves to them?

They are Priceless 48 29.81%

Yes 11 6.83%

NO 86 53.42%

Realistically? 4 2.48%

Other 3 1.86%

See Resultz 8 4.97%

Total:160

I didn't even read the article. Le sigh, will people ever learn?

Around the Network

I stopped reading after getting to this sentence "There won’t be a Nintendo left in a few years if the company doesn’t figure out a way to get on smartphones and tablets."

Signature goes here!

Nintendo is a old and very valuable company with heaps of cash. There is no way they would sell to anyone.

Nintendo's unique and very popular IPs will continue to sell its hardware for strong profits regardless of what happens in the other media markets.

What a terrible article. It makes no sense for them to buy Nintendo, even if it were up for sale. If it happened, Nintendo would likely crash and he games would never be the same. No-one wants to see that.

And this is before putting up how wafer-thin the points in the argument are.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

This is a more of an article on "What would help Google" then "What will help Nintendo".

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

I stopped reading after getting to this sentence "There won’t be a Nintendo left in a few years if the company doesn’t figure out a way to get on smartphones and tablets."

Exactly! That's such a wrong statement in so many ways...! Just... Wrong!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

At first I laughed. Then I felt bad for him. How can someone be so blind? Is he such a fanboy of mobile games that can't even see the reality?

Mr. Mark Spoonauer, if anyone buys Nintendo (specially if that buyer is American), most of the developers will leave, starting with Miyamoto (perfect oportunity to retire). Yes, they will end with a lot of valuable IPs, but without the people that created and know how to treat them, they will ruin them in a couple of games.

It will be another Rare, and all the money invested in that buyout would have been in vain.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

How would it help Nintendo if Google bought the company?! Would they be able to sell their hardware if you could play the same games elsewhere (like on a smartphone)? Do they need Googles money when they got about 10 BILLION USD themselves?! Would it help their creative thinking with all the restrictions Google would lay out (gotta be able to play on a smartphone, make it casual enough etc)?! Would it help Nintendo to be forced to sell the games for $1-10?!

The simply answer to ALL of those questions are a loud and clear NO!

Man, I really got angry reading that stupid shit...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Nintendo isn't in any trouble. They have enough money to sustain their consoles and handhelds even if they flop. They even did it for 2 gens in a row with N64 and Gamecube. If the Gamecube and N64 didn't make Nintendo drop out of the console wars or sell its IP to other publishers, nothing will.

Nahhhh. I don't like it.

AstroMaSSi rules