By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It’s Mario Time! 5 Reasons Why Google Should Buy Nintendo

Tagged games:

If a company offered enough money would Nintendo sell themselves to them?

They are Priceless 48 29.81%

Yes 11 6.83%

NO 86 53.42%

Realistically? 4 2.48%

Other 3 1.86%

See Resultz 8 4.97%

Total:160

*Sigh*

Around the Network

I doubt it is pride and more that Nintendo knows if another company takes ownership of them they won't be Nintendo any more. The Nintendo people love will dissapear, maybe not overnight but slowly and surely until they become a mere brand name and nothing more. Nintendo is unique and the games industry will be a lot worse without them.

At the end of the day Nintendo has realistically had one bad financial year, it's not the end of the world. Regardless of smartphones/tablets Nintendo will survive. Over the next few years Nintendo wiIl get stronger again fueled by the Wii U & 3DS. The share price will recover. Maybe not reaching it's peak but then it was probably over-valued anyway. Although it probably will be a good idea if they maybe re-released old titles on smartphones, e.g super mario bros, or maybe developed some small games, pokemon would work quite well I think. Nintendo hardware/software is symbiotic, take one away the other will wither, if you cannot see that you are blind. Nintendo will be able to keep making hardware as long as they make software because nobody can match their software and that fuels the hardware. I still believe, and always have done, that the 3DS will break the 100 million barrier. If that's not success I don't what is.

Also, why shouldn't they look down at smartphone/tablet games. In the traditional sense they are not proper games. That doesn't mean they are not fun or engaging or lack depth per se but you cannot have an experience like Super Mario Galaxy or Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time or Super Smash Bros Brawl or Super Mario 3D Land on a smartphone.

Why do people insist on this continuous rubbish of Nintendo being doomed, handhelds dying or Ninty financially going down faster than Titanic.

RolStoppable has some competition I see.

While I agree that google could be a fantastic partner, I dont really see any company buying nintendo. Why? The game market is too risky for companies to invest on buying a company like nintendo ($39B worth *). If we look at nintendo, they have sold more than 500 million consoles (ds, wii, gb, gba, gc,64,nes, snes) and yet there is a new doom article every morning. Buying zinga or any other of those mobile devs is not the same as buying nintendo. I can see a partnership happening, that would be really smart but a purchase... Very very unlikely.

*http://www.forbes.com/global2000/#p_1_s_arank_ConsumerElectronics_All_All

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Just the kind of amusement i expect after i get home from a long day of shopping.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

That article sucks ass! I'm on my phone right, so I can't elaborate too much - but I will when I get home! Google buying Nintendo would only be good for Google. That's how I see it!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
That article sucks ass! I'm on my phone right, so I can't elaborate too much - but I will when I get home! Google buying Nintendo would only be good for Google. That's how I see it!

To say the least! Take this quote for exampe:

"There won’t be a Nintendo left in a few years if the company doesn’t figure out a way to get on smartphones and tablets."

He clearly has no idea of how big Nintendo's money stash is, for one.

spurgeonryan said:
Has anyone ever even offered to buy Nintendo? I could have made this thread and said 5 reasons why walmart should by Nintendo. Or even why microsoft should buy Nintendo. Walmart could sell Nintendo products for a fraction of the price in their stores, we could finally get walmart employee kart, sam walton could take over Reggies job, Human rights organizations would have a reason to take notice of Nintendo once Walmart bought itB and it would give Nintendo fans yet another reason to go to walmart once they decide to only sell Nintendo products at their consumer mazes they call stores.

Reason Microsoft should buy them? So they can say that they finally brought Rare back together with Nintendo, they could take over the Nintendo corporate building right next to them and save on future moving costs, marioan get his own first person shooter, and.... blehhhh

well microsoft had made an offer to nintendo and to sega and squaresoft in the past

http://spong.com/article/3189/Nintendo-confirms-Microsoft-buy-out-attempt

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=172258

It's funny that even in 'official' articles like the one in the OP, people still refer to Pachter as 'Patcher'. x'D

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

if Nintendo software is so powerful and so desireable, why would Nintendo not want to use it to push their own hardware. We have seen that Nintendo can get way with selling its own software on a dedicated games mahcine so why would they want to give that up?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia