Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424

It is hard to be a Nintendo gamer in south america.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

The worst part is we are part of northamerica but since we speak spanish and no english we are discriminated

Thanks Blacksaber for the sig                  Tag:"Nintendo es toda la diversión de esta generación"

I am going to do this, but it will take me a while to make it happen. I hope someone reads them other than myself XD

Ocarina of Time Promotional Manga Translated

October 4th, 2012 by Jordan

A few days ago, we reported on a new promotional manga Nintendo released for Ocarina of Time 3D’s Taiwan debut. While all of us enjoyed seeing Akira Himekawa’s work again, there was the problem of a language barrier preventing most fans from being able to read the comic. Gladly, the folks at the fan website Zeldanime have been kind enough to break said barrier for us and have translated the entire manga for our reading! Jump inside to see.

Now, to see the manga you have a few options: the first is to download the files from either RapidShare or Megashares, save them to your computer, and extract the files from the .zip folder for viewing. Alternatively you can check out the gallery below, where we have put up all the pages for your convenience! Keep in mind, all credit goes to Zeldanime.

Now that you can read the comic, what do you think? Do you like the cliffhanger ending and the emphasis on Link and Zelda’s relationship? How about the reminiscing way in which Link tells the story? Give us your thoughts in the comments!

Source: Zeldanime

Yeah.... I got tired of posting the big ones, hopefully each picture is a link. Get it?

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Just got this 500 gb Samsung hard drive for the Wii U
http://slickdeals.net/f/5285180-SAMSUNG-S2-Portable-500GB-USB-3-0-Piano-Black-External-Hard-Drive-HX-MT050DA-G2-54-99

final price w/free ship. $54.99

se7en7thre3 said:
http://slickdeals.net/f/5285180-SAMSUNG-S2-Portable-500GB-USB-3-0-Piano-Black-External-Hard-Drive-HX-MT050DA-G2-54-99

Not too bad of a price considering it hooks to the Wii U. I wonder if a normal game every month gamer like myself will need anything more than what the Wii U has for storage?

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
se7en7thre3 said:

Not too bad of a price considering it hooks to the Wii U. I wonder if a normal game every month gamer like myself will need anything more than what the Wii U has for storage?

Well I bought it mainly for full game installs (still prefer physical copies).  The 32 gb in deluxe should be ok for eshop games like Trine 2: DCE.

Well that Direct was not too shabby. Not great, but no one was hyped or expecting more.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Brings Hardcore to Wii U

Monster Hunter Tri is coming to Wii U, but what exactly has changed?

The best thing about Monster Hunter, unsurprisingly, is the monsters themselves. The iconic dragonlike and super-mammalian beasts in this series are among the most impressive creatures in gaming, and also among the toughest challenges. Take one look at the snapping jaws and electrified serpentine form of a Lagiacrus or the evil eyes and hyper-aggressive movements of a Tigrex and you know that you can expect an epic battle. Only after you know everything about a monster – where it likes to hide, how it limps when it’s weakened, which of its attacks you can block or dodge – do you stand a chance of bringing it down.

The best thing, though, is encountering a new monster for the first time; one whose movements and character you don’t already know. That’s the draw for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, if you’ve already earned your Rathalos armour in previous instalments. Although it is in most ways exactly the same game as 2010’s Monster Hunter Tri, it brings several new monsters to the party, along with subtle improvements and embellishments to everything else. If you’re not already a Monster Hunter fan, then this is the best time ever to jump in, whether on 3DS or Wii U – both versions are the same, and you can transfer your save between the two if you buy both (more details on that here).

Most noticeably, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii U is HD, something the Wii couldn’t manage: it’s 1080p native. Unfortunately, though, it’s only been retextured rather than rebuilt in HD, meaning there’s still some blockiness to get used to. Tri was always a good-looking game, especially on its background, but in HD its graphical imperfections are more obvious – you can see the edges of the monster models more clearly, and the beautiful distant vistas you can see when you look out over the edge of a cliff don’t look quite so impressive in high definition, where their lack of detail is more exposed.

This is minor, though, in the context of such an excellent game (I really loved it), and the other improvements – especially the vastly cut-down loading times – more than make up for it. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate boasts about 50% more content than Tri, but most of it sequestered away in the upper levels of the game (G class quests), so you’ll have been playing for a good long time before you see any of it. At Tokyo Game Show, Capcom showed off one monster that’s new to Western Monster Hunter fans: the Brachydios.

Brachydios is a cross between a poisonous rhino and an extraordinarily aggressive, volcanic T-Rex.

Best described as a cross between a poisonous rhino and an extraordinarily aggressive, volcanic  T-Rex, Brachydios enjoys slobbering explosive neon-green saliva all over its stumpy arms and then pile-driving you into the ground with them, leaving a residue of slime wherever it treads. He’s clearly a distant, vastly more dangerous cousin of the less dangerous Barroth, a mud-loving rhino-like monster that rumbled around the desert in Tri. Unsurprisingly, he kills me pretty quickly, despite the high-level armour and weapons and unrealistically-elongated health bar that I’ve been endowed with for the demo, but I get a good few stabs in on his shins with a gunlance before the green nodes on his head start to glow read and he erupts into rage mode. The monster stamina system has been expanded in Ultimate, letting you see more easily when a monster is weakened or hurt. They tire out more visibly.

Monster Hunter is at its best in multiplayer, when four people can complement each other’s strategies and weaponry, but in single-player Ultimate lets you bring two AI companions along: Cha-Cha, the little dude from Tri, and another wee chap called Kayumba. Cha-Cha and Kayumba sing stat-boosting songs and have the odd stab at a monster during battle, but their real purpose is to draw a monster’s attention away from you, letting you get a few hits in whilst the beast’s attention is focussed elsewhere.

The Wii U gamepad's screen shows your map (that might not sound important, but trust me, it really is) and can be used to fiddle with your inventory, which is hardly imaginative, but certainly utilitarian. Having a second analogue stick makes the camera easier to wrestle with, but the real godsend on both Wii U and 3DS is a targeting button that lets you actually lock on to monsters for the first time in the series' history.

At the moment I’m in two minds about whether Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate does enough to justify slogging through the early stages of a game I’ve already played for 100+ hours all over again. If you weren’t a Tri player, then great: you’ve got a lot to look forward to in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate – it’s as accessible as Tri, which was the first game that really made Monster Hunter easy to get on with for beginners, in my opinion. If you were a Tri player, though, then you might not feel overly inclined towards killing another 50 Royal Ludroth and Great Jaggi, working your way up from nothing again to get to the really good extra stuff.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is out on both 3DS and Wii U in March 2013 in America and Europe. As well as the improved graphics, it’s the Wii U version’s online functionality that will give it the edge over the portable version for many players; like previous portable Monster Hunter games, Ultimate is local-multiplayer only on 3DS (you can read some Tokyo Game Show impressions of that right here). You can also play local multiplayer with one Wii U console and three 3DSes, if you have three friends who are up to the challenge. Monster Hunter is as vast and as hardcore as action-RPGs get; it's a huge score for Nintendo's Wii U line-up, and not just for Japan.

Nintendo America Reveals What’s In Store for Nintendo 3DS Owners This Year

Nintendo 3DS owners are getting an amazing lineup of downloadable games for the holidays and beyond. Original games, classic games and demos will all be making an appearance in the Nintendo eShop. Fans also will soon find downloadable versions of select Nintendo 3DS hits that have already launched as packaged goods.

Nintendo 3DS owners will see a sequel to fan-favorite Pushmo, classics like Ninja Gaiden and Castlevania: The Adventure, plus a series of three original games developed by LEVEL-5 and several well-known Japanese collaborators.

“The Nintendo eShop demonstrates Nintendo’s commitment to providing consumers with unique digital content through a combination of creativity and convenience. The variety and quality of games coming this year is unmatched, from new entries in established franchises to original properties.”

- Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing.

The following content is scheduled to launch in the Nintendo eShop in 2012:

ORIGINAL GAMES

• NightSky launches Oct. 25. NightSky is an action-puzzle game that offers an ambient game-play experience with cerebral challenges that fill uniquely designed, picturesque worlds. Each of these worlds is broken into different areas in which the player must maneuver a sphere by using realistic physics to advance.
  • Crashmo launches Nov. 22. Players can embrace the laws of gravity and challenge themselves with a whole new kind of action-puzzle play in this exciting sequel to the critically acclaimed Pushmo. New gravity mechanics and gadgets like floating blocks, doors and move switches await, testing players’ skills as they push, pull and slide each puzzle’s colorful blocks in order to climb to the top. Just be careful where those blocks are moved—unsupported blocks will come crashing down. Crashmocontains lots of puzzles to test your brains, and enhanced puzzle-creation and -sharing features mean that even when all the puzzles are cleared, the fun never has to stop.
  • Fluidity: Spin Cycle arrives on Dec. 27, letting players tilt, turn and even rotate their Nintendo 3DS system 360 degrees to maneuver a puddle of water named Eddy through a maze-like, magical world. Change from liquid to a block of ice or a steam cloud to solve fun, gravity-defying puzzles and defeat Goop monsters. Fluidity: Spin Cycle features a new storybook setting to explore that spans the ages, from a lost world full of dinosaurs to the modern world and beyond.
  • Three original games from LEVEL-5 and several well-known Japanese collaborators will launch in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS before this holiday season. The first of these games, SUDA 51’s LIBERATION MAIDEN, is set 100 years in the future, when the president of Japan boards her Liberator, Kamui, and fights to free her country one region at a time. AERO PORTER by Yoot Saito and Yasumi Matsuno’s CRIMSON SHROUD are also slated for release by the end of the year.
  • Get ready to unleash pedestrian-tossing pandemonium with Grace and Savannah in Tokyo Crash Mobs, a fast-paced action-puzzle game coming to the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS in early 2013. Players will need lightning-fast reflexes and an eye for strategy to survive the three chaotic weeks that lie ahead for our heroines, as they take on anyone and anything that gets in their way.

RECENT NINTENDO 3DS HITS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD

• Super Mario 3D Land, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D and Mario Kart 7 will become available for purchase from the Nintendo eShop on Oct. 18 at a price of $39.99 each. Additional Nintendo 3DS software currently only available at retail stores will become available in the Nintendo eShop in the future.

VIRTUAL CONSOLE

• Mario Golf (launches Oct. 11)
  • Castlevania: The Adventure (launches Oct. 25)
  • Ninja Gaiden (launches Nov. 8)
  • Zelda II – The Adventure of Link (launches Nov. 22)
  • Wario Land II (launches Dec. 20)
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (launches Dec. 27)

GAME DEMOS

• Two demo versions of Style Savvy: Trendsetters will be available for download from the Nintendo eShop. The first demo is available today and lets players participate in a fashion contest, create an outfit based on the contest theme, style their model’s hair and makeup and send her down the runway. The second demo will be available on Nov. 1, and lets players style their clothes and makeup, and then connect to the Internet via Nintendo Network to visit the online Fashion Plaza where they can check out ensembles that actual Style Savvy: Trendsetters players have created. Any items purchased using in-game currency in this demo version can be transferred to the full game. Style Savvy: Trendsetters will launch in stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Oct. 22.
  • Additional game demos coming soon include:
    • Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d you steal our garbage?!! from D3Publisher
    • Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion from Disney Interactive
    • LEGO The Lord of the Rings from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
    • Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park from Activision
    • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed from SEGA

Please no more Chester Cheeta games. This is not the Genesis. Lol, remember the 7-up dot game?

I was not aware this was a superhero game......

Injustice: Gods Among Us - roster thus far, screens

Batman
Harley Quinn
Superman
Wonder Woman
Catwoman
Flash
Solomon Grundy
Nightwing
Cyborg

More screens here
Also check out:

Ninja Turtles NES was great, so here this is.

The Link Between Consoles and Handheld Zelda Titles
04. October 2012 by Nicholas Jabbour

Hello Zelda Informer readers! I’m one of the new writers, and I decided my first article would examine the major differences and similarities between console and handheld Zelda titles, which has been on my mind ever since Ocarina of Time 3D came out. In this piece, I’ll cover the history of Zelda on the console and handheld platforms: Their individual innovation, scale, and how the link between the two has evolved over the years. Most importantly, I’ll analyze what both the historical and current trend mean for the future of handheld and console Zelda titles.

At least one Zelda title has made it onto every Nintendo console and handheld ever since the NES/Famicom and Game Boy. However, the type of Zelda game that would appear often changed depending on whether it was on a console or handheld.

It wasn’t until a few years after the release of A Link to the Past that the first handheld title, Link’s Awakening, was released on the Game Boy. At this point in time, the differences between a console and handheld Zelda title were rather simple: While A Link to the Past was a large, expansive Zelda game, Link’s Awakening was a smaller black and white game running on limited hardware. It was still a very original title that introduced some mainstays that would even become staples in the Zelda series. But above all, it was meant to be a portable version of the beloved console Zelda games of the time, with the added convenience of on-the-go gameplay. It was much like how the two Super Mario Land games were meant to be portable replacements of games like Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario World. A similar theme applied to Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons, which released shortly before Ocarina of Time changed console Zelda games forever.

This is where the gap between consoles and handhelds began to get very interesting. Rather than having smaller titles that were simply “portable” versions of console games, Zelda was split into two distinctive types of games. Full 3D games on consoles, and classic 2D “top-down” games on handhelds. All throughout the rest of the Nintendo 64 and Game Boy Color’s lifespans, as well as the Game Boy Advance, GameCube, and DS, this difference remained. Sure, the Wii Zelda titles added motion controls. And sure, the DS titles added full touch controls, as well as 3D graphics. When it came down to it, we still got top-down Zelda games played (at least mostly) in two dimensions on handhelds and full 3D Zelda games on consoles (Four Swords Adventures being the sole exception).

The original DS had its fair share of 3D action/adventure games (ports of Super Mario 64 and Rayman 2, new games like Metroid Prime: Hunters), but it didn’t feel ready for a full 3D Zelda game, at least to me. That changed with the release of the 3DS and Ocarina of Time 3D, a remake of the N64 classic with revamped graphics, higher resolution and frame rate, improved game mechanics, better draw distance, and controls that take advantage of the 3DS’s special features.

Ocarina of Time 3D not only ported the original game perfectly, but improved on it in many ways, and I think it leaves no doubt that a new 3D console-like Zelda is now fully possible on a Nintendo handheld. For the first time since the SNES and Game Boy days, Nintendo’s concurrent handheld and console can output similar games, albeit on different scales. Furthermore, both the Wii and 3DS emphasize “hands-on” controls, the former with motion, the latter with touch. And with the Wii U featuring a touchscreen controller, Nintendo’s console and handheld are about to get even more similar in terms of the kind of games they can output.

So what does this mean for Zelda’s future? Now that all of Nintendo’s current systems can output 3D titles without trouble, one might think this is finally the end of 2D top-down Zeldas. But if you consider recent games like New Super Mario Bros., which reimagine the 2D Marios of old, perhaps not.

But where to draw the line, I wonder? In today’s gaming world, is it enough to design essentially the same kind of Zelda game for both handheld and console? If so, what would determine which platform a hypothetical Zelda game should appear on? I’d be hard pressed to say size or scale, since it would be a shame to feel like the 3DS was simply getting a “watered down” Zelda title that Nintendo just didn’t decide to make on the Wii U. Aside from that, the 3DS carts probably have enough storage space to hold a Zelda title close enough in size to a typical recent console Zelda title, anyway. And it certainly can’t be a mere difference of 3D rendering on the 3DS versus high definition graphics on the Wii U. A case could be made for the console Zeldas keeping Skyward Sword‘s motion plus controls , which would differentiate from handheld Zeldas sticking with the more “traditional” button-based controls, but at this point, we have no way of knowing whether Nintendo will do that or else incorporate the Wii U gamepad instead.

If this uncertainty means anything, I think it’s this: If Nintendo does indeed decide to output 3D zelda titles on both platforms and moves way from motion controls in the next console release, the series will change. Once again, the console and handheld titles will innovate in ways to distance themselves from each other, creating their own unique styles of play. And since this is Nintendo we’re talking about, I can’t imagine what they might do. But I expect I’ll be blown away. And if this does indeed happen, then who knows: Perhaps the two styles will grow closer and converge again at some point before drawing away, keeping with tradition.

What do you think? Do you think Zelda should just continue what it has been doing, with top-down titles on the handheld and 3D titles on the console? Or do you think that both systems should output 3D titles with their own innovations? Or do you think they should do something else entirely? Let us know in the comments below.

I think 3D Zelda should be on home consoles, and portables should get both top down and 3D Zeldas, ala NSMB 3D Mario

I agree. I have no need for a 2D console Zelda. I wonder what they could do with a Mario like Zelda game ( Ahhh get it out of my head)

In Japan, It’s Not “If” You Will Get a Wii U, But “Which”

So, the Wii U will be lining the shelves in a couple of months (November 18th for the US, 30th for Europe and Australia, and December 8th for Japan). With all the perks of the Wii plus increase capabilities and the new Wii U Game Pad, the new console is sure to be the talk of the town this Christmas season. In Japan, Weekly Famitsu asked its readers about their thoughts on Nintendo's new gaming wonder. Here's what they had to say.

The Wii U will be coming out in Japan over 2 weeks after it will be available in the US. Asked what they thought about the release date, most responders (58%) said that it was what they expected. 20% thought it was early, while 18% thought the December 8th release was late. Most responders stated that they figured that Nintendo would be aiming for the holiday season (much like with the Wii) to sell their new bundle of joy, though some did wish for a global release.
(1056 valid responses)

In regard to the pricing of the new console, responses were fairly evenly divided. 38% thought the ¥26250 (US$334.19) price tag for the Basic Set and the ¥31500 (US$401.03) price for the Premium set was cheap. 36% thought the price was pretty much as they expected while 26% thought it was too high. Many expected a new console to cost more and found the price setting to be a pleasant surprise. Still, some noted that if you include the cost of the peripherals, the price creeps up to noticeable levels.
(1030 valid responses)

Asked whether they intend to purchase a Wii U or not, the results were quite surprising. 45% expressed the intent to buy a Wii U on the launch date and 37% said they would be purchasing one, though they did not know when. 9% of responders were undecided and the remaining 9% had no intention of obtaining one. Now, while this was a questionnaire sent out by a gaming magazine to readers which means pretty much all of the people who responded either play or are interested in games, it still means that 82% of the people who responded will be buying a Wii U at some point. Pretty impressive numbers that you can be sure Nintendo is happy about.
(1051 valid responses)

Another interesting result was to the question of which set people planned to purchase. A whopping 72% of responders said they were looking to get the Wii U Premium Set as opposed to 14% who plan on getting the Basic Set. 13% said they were undecided and an insane 1% stated that they would be getting both sets. While for the most part, people seem to be looking to the Premium Set, many responders did express disappointment that they could not choose the color of the Wii U they would be getting. Give it time.
(942 valid responses)

ファミ通.com [ファミ通.com]