By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Impulse Buys!

Tagged games:

RolStoppable said:
KylieDog said:
RolStoppable said:
Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers for Wii. It is fantastic, I can't recommend it often enough.

I saw the 360 version for £3 and bought it.  It is nice having a spare 360 game case should one break.

There is no 360 version of this game. What you bought is Onechanbara 3, the Wii game is the fourth entry into the series.

The 360 will be getting a much better looking new game though.

Pfft, as good as same game, even released them same day.  So similar is like calling a port a sequel.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
RolStoppable said:

There is no 360 version of this game. What you bought is Onechanbara 3, the Wii game is the fourth entry into the series.

The 360 will be getting a much better looking new game though.

Pfft, as good as same game, even released them same day.  So similar is like calling a port a sequel.

Released the same day in Europe. In Japan, there was more than one year between these two games.

The Wii game is a lot better for various reasons.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

My impulse buys were out of control at one time. Once my backlog of unopened games passed 20 I decided to slow down a bit. I've only purchased 3 games within the last six months (Xenoblade, The Last Story, and SMT Devil Survivor 2). I just opened Super Mario Galaxy 2 yesterday after buying it on release day.

I probably won't buy another game August-Sept time frame.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

LOL, I also bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution as an impulse buy and I really enjoyed it!

Did it this past Saturday. Went to Best Buy to purchase some ink for my printer and left with a PS Vita.

PS Vita $249.99 + 16GB Memory Card $59.99 + 3 games (B2G1 Free Uncharted, UMvC3 and NG Sigma) $89.99 + Screen Protector $12.99 + Carrying Case $29.99 = $440 + tax

And end of the story and I forgot to picked up the ink for the Printer. Wife was not happy.

Around the Network

Happened with Battlefield 3, Dead Space 2 and Metro 2033. I was never gonna buy any of them but the moments just came and now they're some of my favorite games this generation :)

Some impulse buys from last gen include Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, F-Zero GX, Star Fox Adventures and Wario World. All of which (except Wario World...) ended up being some of my favorite games of all time!

While looking at games available on the Vita via the PSN, I accidentally bought Virtua Tennis 4. As soon as I pressed "buy", I was looking for a way to back out. It's not a bad game but I would have done better buying it in cartridge form. I had just gotten a game case and I wanted something to fill in those slots.

Today, I went to the mall to buy an outfit and peeked at the Vita section. I bought Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I didn't want that game. I never wanted that game, even for the PS3 and 360. The thought of buying their DLC disgusts me. I don't like the gameplay of that series anymore, either. Still, I'm now the proud owner of that game.

Gonna do everything I can to trade it in for SSX tomorrow.

Twitter: @d21lewis

Bought SSX for the PS3 on friday. Everybody who likes fun or sports games should play it, even my cousin who is no real snow- or skateboard fan loves it.