Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident Evil Revelationsí First Low Review

You know, EDGE is always seeking for new things, so this step on the back of the series it's not the thing for 'em.

It's a style, i nevermind.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Around the Network

Regardless of the score, I always have respect for what Edge has to say. Admittedly, I rarely agree with them, but I think they look at video games in an analytical way that other sources often struggle to do, or simply don't do at all. They are renowned for their criticism, though this doesn't make me worry for RER's over all score. This same magazine gave Metroid Prime 3 a 7 after all. I expect this'll be an outlier, though a necessary one for people who are more analytical of the games they play.

BasilZero said:
spurgeonryan said:
I saw this somewhere. Kind of interesting. Oh yeah I posted it in the Resident evil demo thread.

They give it so much praise , then give it a 6/10. But they gave Zelda a 10 so I cannot be mad at them.

When exactly does the game take place in the RE storyline?

Between Resident Evil 4 and 5, in the year 2005.

OT: Games TM Magazine gave it 6/10 before Edge.

After playing the demo, if the game is just more of that for a good 6-10 hours I fail to see how it warrants a 6/10. Especially since I have yet to experience the co-op. I also found the sidestep a much welcomed mechanic. They probably complain about the quick 180degree turn also. Heaven forbid I'm controlling a human and not a robot from a poorly written sci-fi novel.

Panama said:
After playing the demo, if the game is just more of that for a good 6-10 hours I fail to see how it warrants a 6/10. Especially since I have yet to experience the co-op. I also found the sidestep a much welcomed mechanic. They probably complain about the quick 180degree turn also. Heaven forbid I'm controlling a human and not a robot from a poorly written sci-fi novel.

Everybody knows you can't do a quick 180 degrees turn without a mouse. Anything else is just cheating.

Around the Network

I can't see this being a 6/10 from the demo I played. I was hoping for more of an isolated experience from this game but you can always turn off the voices if you can't stand the chatter that much. Being able to sidestep is not a reason to lower the score it is a much needed addition to the series.

After just watching the Resident Evil 6 trailer, I can safely say Edge are going to have a field day whining about the new TPS mechanics. They claim they prefer originality over anything then proceed to give titles such as Halo 3 a 10/10, they have the same journalistic integrity as Famitsu the way I see it.

Before I get my head bitten off, it wasn't a stab at Halo 3, it was a stab at Edge's inconsistency in its reviews, Halo 3 was a good game.

if you know edge, 6/10 is a pretty good review. they tend to use a 1 - 10 scale instead of the usual 7 - 9 scale adopted by most sites and magazines, so a 6 from them is almost like an 8 from any other publication.

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!

Opinions are like assholes. Some of them are shitty.

mZuzek loves to pre-order

DarkCronos said:
if you know edge, 6/10 is a pretty good review. they tend to use a 1 - 10 scale instead of the usual 7 - 9 scale adopted by most sites and magazines, so a 6 from them is almost like an 8 from any other publication.

Yeah, this could be true, but i've seen the review and they say things like the game it's short only 6 to 10 hours...

Wait a second...it's on the 3DS, on a 4GB cartrigde, games on blue ray (25gb) sometimes they don't last even to 5 hours.

Plus it's a survival horror, and plus it's probably the longest Resident Evil, and it has innovations for the series. (it's something they always point out)

I think they failed in picking the guy, it's for sure one that has played RE4 an 5 and has 4 like favorite game, so this change for him it's bad. But it's nonsense, because this pull out once that reviews are opinion not standards, and EDGE was always saying the opposite.

When this world will stop sell the reviews, in general, like they are made from robots? They are always opinion, i like the sites when it's clear it's that, like this one.

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum