By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Library sends police officer to collect overdue books… from a five-year-old girl

I dont see the problem, they just went there to get the books not arrest here. Both the mother and daughter should learn some responsibility so this doesnt happen.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
Isnt it the mothers responsibility and fault? Dont see the problem here.

@miz1q2w3e: the 4000 dollars was the total fees, not just for the girl.

I see

It did seem rather large a fine for one person lol

That seems perfectly reasonable.

My family is very active in our library. My kids are taught to respect what they have and borrow and to be timely in the return. Her parents are at fault for not being responsible enough to make sure they and their child do what is right.

I'm glad this library did this. I hope more do the same.

d21lewis said:
Is this a good thread for me to mention the time I took a 5 year old kid to jail for back-talking his parents (with their consent)? I put handcuffs on him, put him in the back of my patrol car, and took him to a holding cell. After about ten minutes, I took him back home. He cried like a baby.

Took pics and sent them to my best friend (d11Saxon on my Xbox friends list), too! We laughed our asses off!
Man, we were assholes.

I seriously love you right now.

I took my son (then 7) to a police and a jail because he stole something from store once. It was the 2nd time he did it. He hasn't taken anything since.

More parents need to do this kind of stuff. Kinds have to learn there are real consequences to their actions. Otherwise we get people like Rol.

Am I a bad person for being in support of the police officers' actions here? I don't think they were trying to scare the girl- and who else would they have sent round to collect the books?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~