By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - TorrentFreak lists 2011's top ten pirated movies

pezus said:
127 hours, King's Speech's presence can easily be understood because they didn't have a simultaneous WW launch and they had Oscar buzz, so the rest of the world wanted to see what all the fuzz was about. Can't explain why Fast Five is number 1 though. A lot of car nuts on torrent sites?

Probably because you chaps in Iceland get dvd/blu-ray releases before most of the world. :-p, Thor And Fast Five were already released on blu-ray in Iceland before I could theoretically even download the dvd/blu-releases.

127 Hours & Sucker Punch is a shame though, deserved more sales because both were fairly good. Don't really care if Transformers is downloaded a lot for example, movies like that make more money than that they're worth.

I myself did really like Fast Five though.

Around the Network
Millenium said:
pezus said:
127 hours, King's Speech's presence can easily be understood because they didn't have a simultaneous WW launch and they had Oscar buzz, so the rest of the world wanted to see what all the fuzz was about. Can't explain why Fast Five is number 1 though. A lot of car nuts on torrent sites?

Probably because you chaps in Iceland get dvd/blu-ray releases before most of the world. :-p, Thor And Fast Five were already released on blu-ray in Iceland before I could theoretically even download the dvd/blu-releases.

127 Hours & Sucker Punch is a shame though, deserved more sales because both were fairly good. Don't really care if Transformers is downloaded a lot for example, movies like that make more money than that they're worth.

I myself did really like Fast Five though.

o.O I didn't know that

MontanaHatchet said:
I think these sorts of lists speak to the type of audience which pirates media content (primarily males age 18-30). If all of the people who pirated Fast Five in this list alone paid to see the movie instead, it would have been about another $100 million in box office gross. Insane.

I couldn't resist.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Ouch Fast Five that was a good movie.

there is very little exceptions, there is one movie i had to , because i could not find a single copy wheels of terror , besides that I buy my stuff and that movie only came to VHS so ya i was not going to pull out the clunky old VCR for one movie.

Not only that but to buy a used copy off amazon it was $49.99  (VHS)    and this movie came out in 1990 

I feel sorry for Rango, 127 Hours and Source Code.

Everything else deserves to be pirated.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.