By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Here comes Star Trek 2 (again)! Peter Weller in - Del Toro out. "Update"

Tagged games:

amp316 said:
So they're going to remake Star Trek 2?

I hope that they don't remake all of the Star Trek movies being that many of them are bad.

This is the perfect opportunity for them to fix number three and five! Maybe even Mr. Nimoy can co direct number 3 and The Shat! can co direct number 5. Then they can finally go in peace after finishing their unfinished business.

@ JAKE AND mIllenium

Star Wars 6? was pretty good. But I hated the kid in the first/fourth one, and Jar Jar was kind of annoying in the second/fifth one.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

lol the 2009 film was a gigantic sucess making a lot of money even on DVD.

I would imagine a sequel would make an equal amount or more due to inflation alone.

lordmandeep said:
lol the 2009 film was a gigantic sucess making a lot of money even on DVD.

I would imagine a sequel would make an equal amount or more due to inflation alone.

I  thought the last one was pretty entertaining, but others did not like it. I guess about 50-100 million would come from Fans alone (States), then anything else would be for people who actually enjoyed it.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

The last Star Trek movie blew my mind. Amazing what they did to the franchise.

spurgeonryan said:
Also from what I have seen on a few websites older Spock will not be returning.

Neemoy has retired, so the most you can expect is a brief cameo

I am really looking forward to this film. I had never had any interest in Star Trek before seeing the last one, but I watched due to JJ Abram's name, and loved it, so I can't wait to see what they will do with this one

Around the Network

Peter Weller Beams Onto J.J. Abrams’ Star Trek Sequel

Todd Rigney December 5, 2011 POSTED IN » Sci-Fi Movie News, Star Trek 12 (2013) Movie

Peter Weller is a certified cinematic badass, and his participation in any project automatically increases its coolness quotient by several remarkable degrees. And while little is known about who Weller will portray in upcoming feature, it’s still all sorts of awesome that he’s officially signed on to co-star in J.J. Abrams’ upcoming sequel to his hit sci-fi reboot. Rumors started swirling this weekend that Benicio Del Toro is being courted for the role of Khan, but nothing has been confirmed as of this writing. Production is expected to begin early next year.

Spurgeonryan note:

He was cool as Robo Cop and on Dexter, so we will see where this goes. I just not sure if he should be Khan though...

Anyone think that is what is actually happening here?

Now that Benicio Del Toro is out, the part is open for the unnamed villain of J.J. Abram's STAR TREK 2. Whether or not the character is Khan is unknown at this time - personally, if they're just going to rehash what we got in WRATH OF KHAN I don't see the point; we already got the best possible TREK movie from that story - but the part still stands open, whatever it is. And that part apparently calls for a Latin actor to fill it.

According to Variety, that actor could very well be Édgar Ramírez, star of the tremendously great CARLOS. Again, unclear on the part - but I could definitely see a young Khan there. And if you haven't seen CARLOS, do yourself a solid and see it. Hell of a miniseries.

From aint it cool news. What do you all think? Do we even know this guy?

I thought the point of the Star Trek reboot was that they could return to a young Kirk without discarding what happened in all the other movies (and I thought they did that brillantly).

What I thought they would do is invent totally new adventures going off the ending of that movie since the intervention of the Romulan ship changed the course of history completely. Redoing Wrath of Khan kinda makes all the effort to reboot the franchise futile.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
I thought the point of the Star Trek reboot was that they could return to a young Kirk without discarding what happened in all the other movies (and I thought they did that brillantly).

What I thought they would do is invent totally new adventures going off the ending of that movie since the intervention of the Romulan ship changed the course of history completely. Redoing Wrath of Khan kinda makes all the effort to reboot the franchise futile.

Well it would be a new Khan. They have to reboot the franchise, but still keep the old fans happy and not isolate them, but I do think that creating a new villain would be better

Munkeh111 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Well it would be a new Khan. They have to reboot the franchise, but still keep the old fans happy and not isolate them, but I do think that creating a new villain would be better

They need a strong actor for this and he has to be in his ..what...late 20's? Benicio is too old anyways. I am sure they will find someone who will be able to handle it. They did a great job with the last movie (is that spock in the American horror Story?).