By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What´s your best Nintendo memory?

I like Bacon said:

February 10th 2008.

^__^

Amen.

Mine would have to be beating Super Mario 64.

I was so pleased with myself throwing Bowser into the third bomb on that star shaped stage. 

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Around the Network

beating LoZ:OoT for some reason it took me forever to do.

"Like you know"

Tie between beating Dragon Warrior 1 and beating SMB 3. There's something deeply satisfying about beating an RPG you've spent hrs. and hrs. on but taking a proverbial dump on Bowser is pretty close to nirvana.

when my parents bought me the NES, with super mario Bros 3.

IT was Xmas  maybe 1988-89 , don't remenber exactly.

I never thought they bought me one  cause they were against video games ,and they did, so damn I was totally crazy when I got it !

I have two really.. opening my SNES on Christmas morning
playing Duck Hunt with my little sister on the 20" TV in the living room

Around the Network

Christmas morning after being made curious by a strange looking guy on a weird commercial yelling this weird name over and over. He pretended like he was searching for someone- it sounded like a female name.
I asked for the product as a gift, though not certain on what I asked for I just had a feeling there was something special about this game (or perhaps I was brain- washed by the frequency of the commercials) - the feeling was unexplainable. So I opened the wrapping and beheld the gold box that glimmered beneath but it's shine was far out done by the radiance that lay sleathed in its black protective sleeve. A golden cartridge! The likes of which I had never beheld with my eyes. "Yes, there is something special about this game," I said to my self.
After an appropriate time I went to my NES to test the validity of my feelings- I raised the hinged door, pushed the golden cartridge in and then pushed it down , locking it in place. As my hand closed down the door, the game loaded. Right as I looked up a flash of light, as the black screen came alive with the title/load screen of the game and some strange haunted notes emmited from the speakers.

The Screen Read:
The Legend of ZELDA.

I never knew that soon I would become a life long fan.

Nes- Super Mario 1/duckhunt, SuperMario 2,Super Mario 3, Metroid,Donkey Kong Classic. More
Snes- Super Mario World,Mario Kart, Super mario Paint!!!!! Blaster Master, Super Metriod Secret of Mana. Crono Trigger,Final FF3 (or 6),

N64- Mario 64, Extream G, Zelda,Super Smash Bros

memories? playing the snes for the first time :P I started playing when I want three :P I know I don't remember my parents told me that, but yes playing snes was actually great o almost forgot star wars for the n64 XD

Playing Metroid Prime 3 for the first time. I really didn't like how laggy the Twilight Princess pointer moved, so Prime 3's pointer movement was almost bliss by comparison. :D

The BuShA owns all!

hours on zelda alttp when i was a kid