By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Rioting in London ¬_¬

Adobo said:
NJ5 said:

Photoshop a looter:

http://photoshoplooter.tumblr.com/

lol

rolf

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
sabby_e17 said:
3 people have been killed so far...

Actually the death toll is 4 so far. The three people who were hit by a car yesterday and the man shot monday night, with another critically injured victim (due to another shot) in the hospital as well.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

New London 2012 logo:

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

New London 2012 logo:

Still, I consider it an improvement over this:

Signature goes here!

Robbie2010 said:
So what is their argument? The police should have just let the guy shoot them??

They should have taken cover until the guy developed vertiligo and turned white, then they should shoot him.

Around the Network

bo

He didn't shoot first and was in police custody and handcuffed when he was shot. Then the next day at a peaceful protest half a dozen police officers beat the hell out of a 16 year old girl. Upon seeing this the peaceful protest turned into a riot. The beggining was the police's fault entirely but the continuation is purely opportunistic.

IIthesaviour said:
He didn't shoot first and was in police custody and handcuffed when he was shot. Then the next day at a peaceful protest half a dozen police officers beat the hell out of a 16 year old girl. Upon seeing this the peaceful protest turned into a riot. The beggining was the police's fault entirely but the continuation is purely opportunistic.

True story bro

IIthesaviour said:

I'm gonna go ahead and accuse you of making that up...or at least being flatout wrong.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Ajescent said:
IIthesaviour said:

I'm gonna go ahead and accuse you of making that up...or at least being flatout wrong.

*Does a 3 second Google search*

The 16 year-old was said by some witnesses to have thrown a stone at a line of officers during the initial protest at Tottenham police station.

She was then allegedly knocked to the ground, and as the crowds retaliated it led to two squad cars being set alight at the start of a night of violent disturbances and looting.

However by Sunday night the identity of the teenage girl had not been established and the Metropolitan Police were unable to confirm the truth of the alleged incident.

Asked about the rumours at a press conference, Commander Adrian Hanstock replied: “We are still looking into that. There are conflicting responses to what that incident was. We want to concentrate on the scene, getting the area back to normal.”

Regardless of whether or not a girl was attacked by police, a rumour about it certainly spread among the crowd and then reached the wider world as protesters used mobile phones to tell friends and post messages on Twitter.

It was further reinforced when a caller told the BBC: “What actually ignited it is a young female had approached the police standing line and she was set upon by police with their batons.

“The police line actually charged towards her and hit her with their batons. Subsequently it turned out she was only 16 and it absolutely made everyone go up in uproar.

“She just approached the police and said the community demanded answers and justice must prevail and questions needed answering.

Full Article + shaky mostly useless video footage.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8687547/Attack-on-teenage-girl-blamed-for-start-of-Tottenham-riot.html

I am the Playstation Avenger.