By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Team Meat: “Kinect Is a f***ing joke”

Jazz2K said:
Joker_isINSANE said:
Jazz2K said:
Joker_isINSANE said:
Jazz2K said:
So much hate in this thread it's hilarious.

I think the "hardcore" gamer feels threatened by the motion controls because they're not getting all the attention but the "casuals" are. They always thought that gaming was some superior hobby that can mostly be understood and mastered by males ranging from 15 to 40 years old.

Nintendo and now MS and Sony decided to give some attention to that other part of the population that are supposedly "incapable" of understanding gaming by removing the regular controller and giving them something that is more convenient for them.

I don't care if games for Kinect or Wii are not "hardcore" all I want is to have fun with my family and friends. Just like when I go see a Disney movie with my nieces doesn't mean it's gonna be bad just because it's not the next LoTR and I have to tell my friends how "shitty" that movie was. Grow up people, why do you care if Kinect games are not "hardcore", you're not the ones MS are targeting.

It's easy for these devs and you haters to point the shoddy games (and intentionally avoid the better games) to say how Kinect "can't" do this or this. Just you try Team Meat or shut the hell up. What's with these devs and their big mouths when it's not possible on that or that console it's shitty or our games are better than this blablabla... wtF?!?

If MS fails to sell Kinect to the population they can put them in cans and sell them at high prices to trolls, they seem to eat this more than anything else... MS may be on something in the end.

What better games, most of the kinect games mentioned in this thread are the best ones, I haven't even seen someone mention one of the truely horrible ones

Yea right... I don't want to look for them but a lot of posters kept saying "all games are garbage", "most games are mediocre at best", "no good games", "shitty games" blablabla... anyway it doesn't matter it's a slow month and haters needed something to hate on and Kinect is an easy target.

Have you looked at the library, every game not specifically mentioned in this thread for kinect IS horrible, it's not an exaguration or do you think Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1, Body and Brain Connection and Crossboard 7 are good?

No I don't think they're good but I haven't played them and I don't care about them so why would I spend time to spit on them... really I only care for what I think is good leaving the other games to thoses that like those games. Just because something isn't of my taste doesn't mean I need to voice myself and say how shitty and nobody wants these things.

I care about games I have played and owned like Dance Central, Child of Edens, Your Shape Fitness and Kinect Sports. There are also games that even thought are not of my tastes I had fun playing with my nieces like Kinectimals and Joyride. Hate however you want but to me fun has different faces and can be experienced with different kind of people. Have fun playing Mass Effect 2 with your 4 years old nieces. That's where Kinect is mostly interresting to me at the moment.

Or you could just play LBP a game better then both those games that young kids would enjoy, or mario kart or 100 other games, kinect is a waste, the games you mentioned aren't really good, they are good for kinect games but they are okay at best in general and those are about the only decent ones 

Around the Network
Joker_isINSANE said:
Jazz2K said:
Joker_isINSANE said:

Have you looked at the library, every game not specifically mentioned in this thread for kinect IS horrible, it's not an exaguration or do you think Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1, Body and Brain Connection and Crossboard 7 are good?

No I don't think they're good but I haven't played them and I don't care about them so why would I spend time to spit on them... really I only care for what I think is good leaving the other games to thoses that like those games. Just because something isn't of my taste doesn't mean I need to voice myself and say how shitty and nobody wants these things.

I care about games I have played and owned like Dance Central, Child of Edens, Your Shape Fitness and Kinect Sports. There are also games that even thought are not of my tastes I had fun playing with my nieces like Kinectimals and Joyride. Hate however you want but to me fun has different faces and can be experienced with different kind of people. Have fun playing Mass Effect 2 with your 4 years old nieces. That's where Kinect is mostly interresting to me at the moment.

Or you could just play LBP a game better then both those games that young kids would enjoy, or mario kart or 100 other games, kinect is a waste, the games you mentioned aren't really good, they are good for kinect games but they are okay at best in general and those are about the only decent ones 

LBP... you think my 4 yrs nieces will play LBP before Kinectimals... lollll and my brother already has a Wii and we use it from time to time it's good for the whole family I won't deny it. Dance Central offers a good challenge and imo is more impressive than other dance games, believe me we tried almost all of them from DDR in the early 2000s to Just Dance 2 on the Wii. DC has no equal I'm sorry. But it's a matter of tastes.

Anyway I see where you're getting at, I don't have a PS3 and frankly I don't need one. The games I play mostly are multi (I don't even play Gears or Fable) or I play with my family...

Jazz2K said:
Joker_isINSANE said:
Jazz2K said:
Joker_isINSANE said:

LBP... you think my 4 yrs nieces will play LBP before Kinectimals... lollll and my brother already has a Wii and we use it from time to time it's good for the whole family I won't deny it. Dance Central offers a good challenge and imo is more impressive than other dance games, believe me we tried almost all of them from DDR in the early 2000s to Just Dance 2 on the Wii. DC has no equal I'm sorry. But it's a matter of tastes.

Anyway I see where you're getting at, I don't have a PS3 and frankly I don't need one. The games I play mostly are multi (I don't even play Gears or Fable) or I play with my family...

I don't know your niece, so I wouldn't know but alot of kids would, kinect isn't magic it isn't even impressive and if you only play multiplats you don't really need a 360 either 

Joker_isINSANE said:
Jazz2K said:

I don't know your niece, so I wouldn't know but alot of kids would, kinect isn't magic it isn't even impressive and if you only play multiplats you don't really need a 360 either 

That's true I wouldn't need a 360 since most games I play are also on PS3, I don't have one though and yes kids ARE impressed with Kinect just like how much fun they have in that tiny rollercoaster at the theme park. Their fun is blind.

All this because of some stupid comment from some random dev.

I love the Wii, but honestly it has been a disappointment from what I expected. I still remember E3 2006, the trailers, the huge lines, Reggie and Iwata's speech about expanding gaming population. Even if third parties didn't release AAA games, some of them had good ideas and implemented well either motion controls or the pointer.

I loved the fighting mechanics in Dragon Ball Tenkaichi 3, doing a Kamehameha was SO much fun! Elebits had very good ideas! just needed a bit more polish. Pro Evolution had a big learning curve but when you learned is so rewarding. I kept waiting for a Castlevania game and with Judgment it was so much fun to use motion controls, but the fighting mechanics needed work, but after playing it I was sure this could work for an action-adventure game! Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, Order Up, Wii Sports and others.... but we needed more. There was so much potential but time passed and third parties were not interested in making those games, and those that did little by little were removing them and adding options for classic controller because sites like IGN complained because they suck with motion controls and aren't capable of learning new mechanics.

Don't get me wrong, is good to have classic controller for some games, but I'm sure most people wanted to play with motion controls too... that's why we bought the Wii in first place! When people realized this kind of games (motion controls games with quality) were not going to appear, the Wii started to lose momentum. Third parties are to blame but so is Nintendo, even if they're the only ones taking seriously the Wii but they haven't surpassed the quality of Wii Sports (or Wii Sports Resort). Zelda can be that game, but it's 2011 already! FIVE years and counting for a Zelda game with proper motion controls... it's too late I fear. I'm buying it but I don't know if much people will care. We'll see

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network
Dr.Grass said:
What really pisses me off is that the projected future of 'Project Natal' was MUCH cooler than anything I've heard since it launched. It's just not as cool or clever as they said it would be. We are damn right justified being disappointed.

LOL don't tell me you belived in that ?

It wasn't exactly rocket science to figure out how limited scope of movement is for such device.

And without proper input it's hard to make interesting game.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Dr.Grass said:
What really pisses me off is that the projected future of 'Project Natal' was MUCH cooler than anything I've heard since it launched. It's just not as cool or clever as they said it would be. We are damn right justified being disappointed.

I saw right through the Project Natal announcement.

vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:

You either completely missed what I was saying, or you have no damn clue what irony is.

I meant what I said :)

I know you did, the point is that you have no idea what irony is.

I think the issue is that you simply don't know what it is I'm trying to say. It's ok. Must've gone over your head. :)

superchunk said:
smroadkill15 said:
superchunk said:
nightsurge said:

Dance Central > Just Dance for example

Have you played both?

Dance Central has lag and one player at a time.

Just Dance is fast paced and far more fun for party atmosphere, which should be what the entire dance genre is made for.

DC2 adds a 2nd player, but still no where near as good as JD.

To say one dance game is more fun than another is pretty rediculous claim considering both are very popular at parties, so it's hard to say which is better. In the end does it really matter considering Just Dance 3 will be on the kinect and most likely be the best version.     

Christmas 2010.

My family all went to sister's house. She bought Kinect and DC.

20 of us played it for hours.

Every single gathering since then, I have been asked to bring JD2 and two of my wiimotes to play at their house. (or at mine when we do stuff at my house).

Why? Because everyone I know agrees that while Wii may not track full body, the game is far superior based on what I said above.

JD3 will be better on Wii as it will be gimped on Kinect.

LOL Wat?! First off, Dance Central HAS NO LAG!

Second, how could any game that tracks ONE point on a person's body even REMOTELY be considered GIMPED when put on the 360 with Kinect? You don't even have to dance to play Just Dance games. Just move your one arm. At least with Dane Central actual skill at dancing is required.

That's probably why your friends wanted to play JD2, because it is so much easier and requires less movement.

Runa216 said:
RolStoppable said:
kowenicki said:
Excellent, it appears that all bets are off. It is now acceptable to say that this is right and is a fact? We have staff from this site saying it is a fact that Kinect is "fucking shit"

So if I say I think a Wii game, Wii peripheral, Sony game, Sony peripheral is fucking shit that's acceptable? I just need to know for future reference.

This thread and some contributors need moderating.

To be fair, the contributor in question has admitted to taking "powerful shrooms" or something like that. Let me find that post.

EDIT: Here.

dude itwas a joke, I've never done drugs  day in my life.  Get a sense of humor.  

and the kinect, right now, is pretty shitty.  Whether you agree with me or not is irrelevant, that's how I see it.  it's a great concept with poor execution, when they get some games on it that AREN'T disneyland rides, lemme know. 

So this is what we qualify for writers on this site these days? Pity.