By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Terrorist Anders Behring Breivik Used Modern Warfare 2 as “Training-Simulation” – Kills over 90 !

Lostplanet22 said:

That is like blaming a weapon for a murder...

He couldn't have done it without the weapons :)

Around the Network

Hitler or Staline played chess. Then ban chess, because it makes people murderer.

Mass media logic. The very same that blamed it on terrorism on Friday evening without knowing any facts.

Of course, nobody will blame lack of gun control or hate speech.

EDIT : Maybe I should train with dating sims ...

LOL ... what a troll

i think MW 3 will be tha last call of duty game or it will be canceled because of this psycho people !

Man that's the guy with the plan of the century, simply nuts!

Around the Network

Not sure exactly how MW2 was used as a "training simulation" for him... unless he played the controversial Airport level over and over again, because it's not as if he took on an elite squad of spec-ops teams from around the world or something.

MW2 was as much of a "training simulation" as Doom and Wolfenstein were for the kids who carried out the Columbine massacre.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

@lostplanet

this guy is brilliant with coming up with such a plan ? sorry but i cant see any detail of his plan that requires high intelligence. average is enough. building bombs out of fertilizer is honestly no problem. most people can do that with dedication. he had patience and dedication. becoming a farmer to aquire the ingridients is not smart its logical if you have no other way to get them. stealing always is risky and if you make a thing like that you want to avoid suspicion. planting the bomb requires knowledge of the structure and sorroundings. which can easily be done over the course of years especially in norway where noone suspects anything.

to chose this target was obvious a tiny island full of kids. no where to run etc . weapons can be aquired everywhere when you say you hunt. shooting those kids also doesnt need any significant skills other then handling your weapon right which you learn in the norwegian army.

and the bullshit with the games is stupid. even when he thinks that there was a purpose in playing them. There was no purpose doing it. someone explain me what you can train except reaction time. he was just too exited like a kid before christmas knowing he can soon slaughter innocent kids to punish the stupid party that makes everything differently then he would do. and because he had to wait he played through his fantasies with mw2 (shooting kids). if you do a thing like that you have simulated the scenario 1000 times in your head already. which is more realistic then any game.

i dont need to train shooting 100 dogs on a tiny island with a machine gun. they can run and swim like humans actually its probably harder then kids since they are faster.

nothing in this plan let me see brilliance maybe my standard is to high but sorry. he is just some guy with no emphaty maybe you can see that under a pet scan. he just cant feel it when he hurts someone its like when you are color blind you cant see the colors no matter how much people describe it you will never get it they dont exist to you. he honestly doesnt see why people should be mad he knows rationaly why but he doesnt get it. he didnt kill himself because he cant see why. he isnt unhappy he doesnt fell guilt people cant make him feel bad no matter how they act. he just feels satisfied or not. hes a classical psychopath with average intelligence nothing more all his political opinions and world view came later to the mix and made him decide thats the right way the only way to go. the christianity and army are logical he needed something that showed him a structurd path he doesnt even consider that he could be wrong if he would have the slightest doubt about it he couldnt proceed with his plan, actually i would say he is not very intelligent maybe he can remember patterns in chains of numbers or determin logical mistakes in pictures but there is one thing i have seen that every intelligent or gifted person has and thats doubt. really smart people doubt themselfs even when they tell nobody and act differently but in secret they always do.its the best tool to be creative.

in short he is sick literally. Not smart and the videogame stuff is bs.

They said he was planning this attack for 9 years so it had nothing to do with video games. He also went hunting which is great weapon training but you'll never see people shed a bad light on that and by the way half these quotes I see the media posting could be made up. I heard in his journal he wrote "The PS3 is the best consol ever made and Uncharted 3 will Own this fall" Must be true cause its quoted

NNN2004 said:

i think MW 3 will be tha last call of duty game or it will be canceled because of this psycho people !

No.

I don't understand if he is training for a war with Islam, why did he kill his own countrymen?