By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - What type of music do you listen to. And does music have a big impact in your everyday life.. :)

What genre of music do you listen to....

R&B/Soul 1 2.86%

Techno/Electronic 1 2.86%

Hip-hop/Rap 3 8.57%

Dubstep 0 0%

Country 1 2.86%

Pop 7 20.00%

Rock/Metallica 7 20.00%

Soundtracks/Instrumentals 4 11.43%

Other 10 28.57%

See results... 1 2.86%

Total:35

I'm in a movie soundtrack phase right now. Right now I'm listening to soundtracks of...

Tron: Legacy by Daft Punk
Inception by Hanz Zimmer
Lord of the Rings Trilogy by Howard Shore
Epic Mickey by James Dooley

Other than soundtracks and the like, some of my favorite bands are...

Within Temptation (Symphonic Metal)
Muse (Symphonic Rock/New Prog)
Evanescense (Symphonic Rock/Metal)
The Format (Alternative Rock)

Right now I'm also listening to Dark Passion Play by Nightwish (Symphonic Metal), and that's great as well.

Whether its a piano, violins, electric guitar, vocals, or whatever else... I really enjoy the beauty these composers and bands capture. *shrugs*

Around the Network

80s metal FTW

Heat said:
Where's the alternative/indie rock category??? "/

That's what I was wondering lol

blkfish92 said:
Heat said:
Where's the alternative/indie rock category??? "/

That's what I was wondering lol

Not to sound like an noob. But what is the differnce between rock and indie rock???  Thought they were the pretty much the same thing.

I don't listen to country music is about it, music doesn't impact me in any way that's major, it's just a form of entertainment like any other media.

Around the Network

Rock/Metal/Prog/Funk/Jazz/Eletronic/Classic/Soundtracks I like all of those. And yes it has a relevant impact in my life, since I listen to it a lot of time.

How does Dubstep or Soundtracks get its own category and not Metal? Its very different from Rock. It seems you were the wrong person to make such a poll due a lack of knowledge on music.

Anyway My choice is Metal, and all kinds of Metal at that, and it has a huge influence on my life.

And LOL and Metallica being Rock, their new crap that they are making maybe, but their first 4 CDs are Thrash Metal at its finest.

No one into Jazz/Funk/Blues ?

And not having an option for Downtempo/Breakbeat/D'n'B is cruel.

I listen to Grunge, Dancehall, Hip-Hop, Reggae, Soca, R&B, Metal, Pop, and even a little House Music at times. Now that I think about it I will listen to anything that sounds good actually.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I like all kinds of good* music.

*good = music I like

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.