By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - If NoA doesn´t give in and localise Xenoblade/TLS for North America, I ask you..

Cactus said:
Xxain said:
Cactus said:
Xxain said:
Cactus said:
Xxain said:
Cactus said:

Link?

Based on what I read, Cry On was supposed to be their third 360 project publshed by Microsoft (three game agreement), but they decided to pass on it. AQ Interactive eventually picked up the project before it was outright cancelled.

The Last Story was fully funded and published by Nintendo. You don't jump into development on such a big project without a safety net (funding).

Also, I said Blue Dragon Plus not Blue Dragon. Obviously the original Blue Dragon had a big budget.

Link to what? What does Nintendo have to do with the Idea Xxisting, your streching it to say Hirinobu Sakaguchi couldn't get any ogher publisher and is fund his game. Stop giving Nintendo ALL the credit, because its not deserved. The Last Story was born purely out Sakaguchi Mind, the it was Nintendo or nothing attitude is warranted.

I think we're on different wavelegths here. You said that Last Story was originally a 360 project and that Microsoft would not have refused it if Mistwalker went to them, and I want to know where you got that idea from. My point about Cry On is meant to show to you that Microsoft and Mistwalker's relationship is essentially over, which is why Nintendo funded (you know, gave them the money to create) their next project, which eventually became The Last Story. Mistwalker is just a design house. they couldn't have started development on anything unless they had funding/publishers.

Your Missing my point still.

"If it wasn't for Nintendo, we wouldn't even have The Last Story right"

This is a False statement, Nintendo funded and puublished the Idea but concept was developed by By Mistwalker

The Last Story could have been published by anybody, but it was Nintendo in this choice. If they had taken the idea to nintendo and they said no and then they took it too.. Konami and they said yes..well theres last story published and funded by Konami

regardless of who published the game the concept still xxist so to say if it wasnt  for _________  this game would of xxisted is not always true.

I guess you post assumes the nintendo blessed them with concept and without nintendo concept would never have xxisted

I think you have to stop assuming that I think Nintendo created the concept. You've mentioned that a couple of times, and I never said anything of the sort.

As for what I said, it was poorly worded now that I read it over, but I never meant to say that no other company besides Nintendo would pick up the game, I was specifically responding to the idea that Microsoft would have been a better publisher than Nintendo. If Sakaguchi went to Microsoft with the premise for The Last Story, he wouldn't have gotten funding, just like he didn't get it for Cry On before moving on to AQ Interactive. Another company may have published his idea if Nintendo declined, but we'd just be speculating there.

Hirinobu Sakagucji is well known well respected figure in the Japanese Industry. You dont think that Atlus, Akyss games, NISA exct would have localized  a JRPG from a big name?  They would be like flies on shit to have that oppurtunity. Hell Xseed wanted badly to localize Tales they wanted so bad to have there name on a big scale JRPG probaly the biggest they ever had...just think Hirinobu sakaguchi!

I going to tell you right now: Not Only would all JRPG developers with ability publish localize TLS... The West Would Also have both Xeno and TLS  by now thats a fact. I gaurentee you.

That line is referring to funding a big budget JRPG, not localizing it. You're right that companies would line up to localize if Nintendo let them, just like companies would line up to localize Tales, Ni No Kuni, etc if the parent company allowed them. Would companies line up to fund his projects? I'm not so sure.

oh...well you be correct, only beacuse these developers couldnt pay for it....but if they could they still would.

but yea.. I cant really see anybofy else..maybe KONAMI just becuase there funding  tri-Ace 2 games and I cant see why they would say yes to tri and no to sakaguchi...maybe SEGA and Namco Bandai too just becuase they still show a interest in developing JRPG's.

Around the Network
Xxain said:

oh...well you be correct, only beacuse these developers couldnt pay for it....but if they could they still would.

but yea.. I cant really see anybofy else..maybe KONAMI just becuase there funding  tri-Ace 2 games and I cant see why they would say yes to tri and no to sakaguchi...maybe SEGA and Namco Bandai too just becuase they still show a interest in developing JRPG's.

Yeah, it's pretty sad how only a handful of companies would consider funding a big-budget JRPG these days. I think it would probably be best if Mistwalker gets absorbed by a bigger company so that at least Sakaguchi has some stability.

Soriku said:
A203D said:
I doubt Reggie has any authority on these matters, the decision is probabily made in Japan when the first months sales come in. the problem is even if they get rid of Reggie, he'll be replaced by someone else anyway. and Reggie isnt that bad imo.

OT, even if NoA localise and publish this on the Wii, i doubt the Wii has the right fanbase for this sort of game. i suppose Nintendo will correct that with the Wii U, and they will possiblily have a chance to make these games a lot more successful than they would on the Wii.

If that were true then why would they decide to bring the game to Europe by not America, a bigger market...

Also, if the Wii didn't have a big enough fanbase for these game, this campaign wouldn't be as large as it is to get multiple big gaming sites to notice and push the game to #1 on Amazon...

Which is precisely why we have to keep on trying.  Threats to not buy the WiiU or boycott even SKYWARD SWORD is not going to make the situation any better.  All we just need to do is get the demand for these three games to be so staggering that Nintendo would want to release them to these eager gamers.

Wh

JGarret said:

...would you like Reggie to leave NoA?

A lot of people want these games localised for the NA market, gamers and gaming sites are joining the campaign to get NoA to at least seriously consider...but even with all that, if NoA doesn´t move a muscle, they´re just giving many gamers the middle finger.

We - and I say "we" because I was part of the movement - tried a lot harder than this current campaign just to get Mother 3 released, and EarthBound put on the Virtual Console.

If I didn't want him to leave then, this is not what will break my spirit.

If they don't release either game in America, I'm not buying Zelda SS, nor the Wii U.

Reggie, meh.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
Xxain said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:
I think that Nintendo should release Monolithsoft and IP ownership of TLG. I cant believe that thay have to consider Localizing a game made by Hirinobu Sakaguchi and Tetsuya Takahashi. I you dont want your JRPG's to succeed or grow let them be free

Microsoft was far better on that front with Lost Oddessy handling!!!!

And I do hope they let Monolith Soft go, those guys need to find a better publisher for themselves, its so sad how SquareSoft took away their budget from Xenogears for FF8 (yeah they weren't monolith soft then but testsuya takahashi again), then we all know what Namco did to them. Now Nintendo can't even localize their masterpiece to America!

They need a publisher that will respect them!

Its Sad... Tetsuya Takahashi is great developer that is constantly hindered by the people he works. He needs a breakthrough...seriously.

I think the best place for him would actually be....Sony.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Sucks...Im in need of a GREAT or at least good JRPG for the summer or until White Knight Chronicles 2 is released. The Last Story, Xenoblade and Pandora's tower were all games I've been looking forward to.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

A203D said:
I doubt Reggie has any authority on these matters, the decision is probabily made in Japan when the first months sales come in. the problem is even if they get rid of Reggie, he'll be replaced by someone else anyway. and Reggie isnt that bad imo.

OT, even if NoA localise and publish this on the Wii, i doubt the Wii has the right fanbase for this sort of game. i suppose Nintendo will correct that with the Wii U, and they will possiblily have a chance to make these games a lot more successful than they would on the Wii.

u might be right, but y not just put the game out for the hell of it??? they have nothing to lose n will only generate goodwiil 4 the fans, especially Jrpg 1s, cause lets face it  JRPGs =/= Wii

Khuutra said:
JGarret said:

...would you like Reggie to leave NoA?

A lot of people want these games localised for the NA market, gamers and gaming sites are joining the campaign to get NoA to at least seriously consider...but even with all that, if NoA doesn´t move a muscle, they´re just giving many gamers the middle finger.

We - and I say "we" because I was part of the movement - tried a lot harder than this current campaign just to get Mother 3 released, and EarthBound put on the Virtual Console.

If I didn't want him to leave then, this is not what will break my spirit.

NOA have even less power n authority in terms of VC. the america branch just seems like a massive puppet group with no say. its almost as bad as sega US back in the day

Reggie is infinite. His body is ready. He don't afraid of anything.

Fanboys are tiny and weak. They will be crushed.